No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, that's too bad about your brother [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Hopefully things will work out as good as they can for him.

When you mentioned your brother [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], it reminded me of me! I was always the one drinking way more than everyone else, no matter where I was. Now I just sit and enjoy the conversations going on around me until they get silly, then it's time to leave. I don't need any more reminders of the way I used to be.

I agree with your quote 100% [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. If we don't change our thinking about being a non-drinker and the benefits of sobriety, we leave that door open just a crack and it's so easy to step through when things get a little tough...

Great way to spend a Sunday eh [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! In the beginning it was hard for me to find things to do to fill my old drinking time with. Now, just being a couch potato works for me lol

No round of golf for me this morning...oh well, there's always tomorrow...
    Last edited by abcowboy; July 8, 2019, 07:14 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

The long trail ride sounds great, Jude! Just another illustration of how much of life's fullness we miss when we are occupied with the go-nowhere activity of drinking!

Finally we have a great morning. Low humidity and cool temps and it feels great!

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sorry about your brother QW I had thought that was one of the easiest Cancers to treat?just sad,5:47 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I have noticed the exact same thing about people who have never really drank are starting to really imbibe! I have noticed it amongst extended family on both mine and my husband’s side. I do think that advertising is playing a role as well as social media ...and also people like me who were drinking so, by example, helped pull them in.

QW, that is just such a shame that your brother’s cancer has advanced, and that you suffered from it as well. My dad died from malignant prostate cancer; we had to bury him on his 69th birthday. So my brothers were advised to get checked, and one who did found prostate cancer at age 49; had surgery right away to remove it.

Jude, so happy for you that, with getting a horse and riding Stetson, you have found a more fun & fulfilling weekend activity than drinking!

Mr. V, finally you have a day off today!

Rava, thanks for sharing your similar recent “accidental ingestion”, with similar amount. I guess Guitarista is right -it can happen. Thanks for the quotes -and Dill for yours too. I agree that getting out of a life with alcohol is a very scary concept at first, and takes quite a leap. But glad I finally made the leap.

Asking for 24 hours AF please. It will be a cinch for me on this Monday at home, compared to this past extended holiday weekend of being around lots of booze & drinking!
          Last edited by Slo; July 8, 2019, 12:41 PM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

QW, so sorry about your bro. Hubs brother just received the exact same diagnosis. They will treat it but it's way beyond surgery. He just waited too long. Hub's doc doesn't believe in PSA tests so didn't test him. I think she's a quack but he likes her so I have to be careful with what I say.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'm so happy for you and Stetson. Wish I was closer. I'd love to be your Sunday riding partner!

Thank you for the quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Another good reminder.

Hello to everyone! Happy Monday :>) I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Oh my, Ginger! So sorry about your BIL! That is just the height of irresponsibility on that doctor's part!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 133, almost $2,000 not wasted.

Ginger, sorry to learn about your brother-in-laws diagnosis. My brother’s doctor waited 6 months to redo a PSA and in that time it went from 7 to 11. My brother says his only regret is not insisting on quicker action. GUYS - GET TESTED! And don’t necessarily accept the first thing your doc tells you.
                Prostate cancer can be treated with early diagnosis. My brother has gone through a lot of needless suffering over the past 8 years.

My doc thinks I’m overreacting when I insist on regular check ups but frankly I don’t care what he thinks. My parents both died from cancer and my siblings either have or have had cancer.

This shows the importance of appreciating every day, doesn’t it?

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

GREAT quote yesterday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! We all have the power within us to change, but in the early stages of recovery, our brains are so muddled that it's often difficult to see!
                  [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].....you're welcome to come ride with me anytime!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

This reminds me of the fact that we DON’T want to go back to what we were. Our feelings are so strong that wanting to live without alcohol is stronger than wanting to drink again. No one wants to go back to where we first started. Its a horrible place to be. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Light rain falling this morning...what else is new....going to be a lot of haybines getting stuck this year I think...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, thank you for your comments. Without telling hubs much about you, I read your post to him. He's now rethinking the PSA test. I couldn't convince him on my own! Is that the head in the sand thing?

Great quote, Rava.

Enjoying the lake! It was gorgeous yesterday. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off to the dog groomers this morning to get Jessie’s long, thick coat trimmed.

Cool but dry here this morning when we walked. Cowboy, we went to Stampede the first year we were in Alberta. That was 1991. Haven’t been back since, mainly because I can’t stand crowds and noise! I do appreciate though, the money that tourists spend each year. I saw on the news this morning that a vendor at Stampede is selling beer ice cream. Just what the world needs! The creator of this beer ice cream says it’s alcohol free though. Not enough to make me want to go and it’s seniors day so admission is free!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Yes Ginger, it’s the head in the sand thing I think. Plus it’s not the most pleasant thing to have done. However, women endure much more intrusive/embarrassing/unpleasant medical procedures and a DRE takes about30 seconds. Short term pain for long term gain!

Hope your hubby gets tested.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Wish I could send you our dry, sunny day, ABCowboy!

Rava, that quote is so powerful! That’s exactly it! We have to get to the roots of why we need to numb ourselves with drinking.

QW, I think I misconstrued that you had had cancer from your “f*ck cancer” byline. Glad that’s not the case!

My dad never went to doctors, so also didn’t monitor his PSA; so it was very advanced & spread by the time it was discovered. His PSA was nowhere near 7-11; it was skyrocketed way into the triple digits.

QW, that is just so wonderful that your story could help Ginger help her husband.

Asking for 24 AF hours. My husband’s sisters are coming into town today to work on emptying out their deceased parents’ house, so I will not be having an alcohol-exposure free week. The one sister will be wanting to crack open a bottle of wine, and the two brothers will be constantly saying, “Who needs a beer?” once it’s past 5 pm. But was grateful to have had one day without it in my midst!
                                Last edited by Slo; July 9, 2019, 02:08 PM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X