• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We all all here because of a mistake we made with our lives. The fact that we are all here working on sobriety every day shows what awesome people we are. Many people could not imagine a life without alcohol. I know I was one of those. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

I just realized I missed my check in yesterday! Powerful quote today Rava. It's true and focuses on the positive rather than the negative.

Mr. D and I are going to take our little camper out next week sometime and will spend a couple of nights on Lake Erie. Should be fun!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

73F sunny and muggy, going to the mid90's today.
          Busy, but out having fun.
          Got to ride bikes with an old friend yesterday, yea!
          Sorry about the cancer diagnoses, QW and Ginger. Cancer does suck.
          My Dad died of prostate cancer. Can't help but think some of it was Alcohol related. Al is know to help cause many types of cancer, prostate cancer being one, and breast cancer as well.
          I have two sister who are breast cancer survivors.
          I get tested at least once a year, and PSA twice. So far, so good, knock wood.
          Now go out there and git it, as G-man says.
          24 more here please

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Well [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], the sunshine didn't get here yet lol, it's still raining, but thanks for trying!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, we all made the mistake of drinking enough of this substance to get addicted to it (aided by our increased vulnerability to it). We are correcting this the only truly effective way possible; by giving it up entirely.

Yesterday turned out to be an easy AF day: only one sis-in-law made it into town in time to have dinner with us, and we just drank milk or water!
                Asking for another 24 hours AF.
                Last edited by Slo; July 10, 2019, 08:35 AM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Foggy, damp walking weather this morning but that didn’t stop us from enjoying the morning quiet.

Mr V, I’ve wondered if there was a cancer/alcohol link. Both my dad and brother had/have issues with al. My brother has reduced his consumption a lot but it looks like a case of too little too late.

Hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday af!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Morning all! Great quote. Quick check in this morning. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Yep this sums it up for me. I’m grateful for finding this group. Everyone totally supports each other and gives the advice that comes from a place of pure understanding! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I love the quote Rava, and couldn't agree more!

Granddaughter due here today and for 3 nights! I guess things will be hopping here. She is having a birthday at the end of the month. I think we will get her a snorkel/flipper set because she loves water!

Due to all the wet weather we were never able to get our first cutting of hay done. It's all brown now and mixed in among the fresh second growth. Yesterday our farmer friend got the mowing done and started on the raking and baling.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; July 11, 2019, 05:31 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

14C (58F), warm, but cloudy and more rain expected today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Haven't had a chance to comment on all of them but today's is what the Club and Café is all about! I'm not sure where I would be today if it weren't for the friends that I've made here. As you said, people that understand what we alcoholics go through every single day, the internal battles that we fight in order to remain sober.

I don't always comment on everything that y'all post, but I do read them and understand most of them lol. Sometimes just a sentence someone writes gives me strength, the desire to get through one more day...

Originally posted by Slo
                              Yesterday turned out to be an easy AF day
                              Just think about that sentence, I know I did! Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyday was like that? Those days that are easy come more and more often the longer we remain sober, but there's always those days that aren't. I'm jealous of the normal drinkers, not because they can drink, but because they don't always have to be on guard for the things that make us want to drink. I don't feel bad because I can't drink, matter of fact I'm quite proud that I don't drink! It took years for me to understand that I couldn't drink responsibly, that I could never pick up a drink again. But really, is that such a bad thing....

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X