Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi everyone......here goes!
    To my shame I ended up back on that pitiful merrygoround on drinking and stopping and drinking taking over. I can't stand the person that I am when alcohol is in my life...….so why do I repeat continually? I know it is the nature of the beast but I don't want it any more.....I want to take control.
    Re-phrase that...….I AM taking control! Today is my last Day 1 AF!
    Good to be back!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Welcome, [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION]! Glad to have you along! We're all in this together.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mild and heavy mist when we walked this morning.

Dill, our grandkids received flippers/snorkel masks before our Mexico trip. They practiced using them in the local swimming pool and in their bathtub prior to the trip. Sadly because of water conditions they didn’t get to use them in the ocean but it didn’t stop them from using the gear in the pools.

Daisy, welcome back! Great to see you in the Cafe!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION], welcome back! I wish moderation worked for me too, but sadly it doesn’t. I ran that experiment many times over as well.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], yes, I do like many of the benefits of not drinking at all. You hit the nail on the head that it’s not always about wanting to drink, but about having to remain so vigilant about our triggers! HALT is important.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], 3 days with a kid! While delightful, it’s exhausting & all-consuming. I’ve come to enjoy a calm life without little kids (youngest is 16, so I still get the fun of having a youth around!), but I will have to get my head back in the game with a grandchild on the way!

Asking for another easy AF day.
          Last edited by Slo; July 11, 2019, 08:57 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Welcome back, [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION]. I too tried my hand at moderation a year ago. Slowly, I got right back to the place I was in before I quit in 2014. Ugh! It's just not possible for all of us. Stay close! We are here for you.

Much progress is being made on our house while we are here at the lake. Dang! I'd rather be home in the middle of the action but like [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] said, my son is probably glad I'm away and not there under foot. lol

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks everyone....good to be back.
              Heading for a gym session and a swim this morning....
              Didn't sleep well last night but I know that gets better.
              Have a great day all!
              Last edited by daisy45; July 12, 2019, 02:40 AM.
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning and welcome Daisy! We are all in this together. I have attempted to moderate more times than I can count. I simply can’t drink responsibly. DAMN IT! We are headed to a beach bonfire tonight and I am taking some fizzy water. Maybe I can be a drinker in my next life??? OK hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

I loved that quote, Rava!

We're keeping our eyes on New Orleans and Baton Rouge today, having family in both cities. It looks like Louisiana is in for a bumpy ride with hurricane Barry.

As expected, our granddaughter is keeping us busy! Yesterday we spent a long time down by the pond while she did some swimming. Later on she found some paints and did a little artwork for her Pop Pop who will be 69 tomorrow. :egad:

Slo, I hear you on not being used to the hustle-bustle of youngsters. It does take some adjustment! I find comfort knowing that it is just a visit and my quiet life is just around the corner!

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

11C (52F) this morning and this strange, round yellow thing is shining in the sky! Oh wait, it's the sun, I vaguely remember seeing it before! I'm going golfing!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you back [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION], remember your only goal is to hit the pillow tonight still sober!

I got to thinking about why we sometimes get to thinking that we can be normal drinkers. Why is it so hard to learn that we never will be but still try and see if we can? If you touch a hot stove, you learn very quickly never to do that again. And the same goes for a lot of things, you do it once and then realize never to do it again. But that doesn't hold true for drinking. Is it because of the physical pain created by some of those things? We get a painful reminder never to do it again? Our drinking causes painful reminders as well, sometimes it's physical pain, but more often it's emotional pain. Maybe we need to remind ourselves that emotional pain can be more damaging than physical pain...

Another great quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. We are at war with ourselves in a lot of circumstances. Can I do this? Should I do that? When will it end? Maybe it's time to just sit down, reflect, and be at peace with ourselves...

Looks like we have a couple of days of nice weather headed our way up here, going to get 9 holes of golf in this morning and maybe another 9 in later this afternoon. Rest assured that there won't be a 19th hole for this guy! Have a fantastic AF day y'all and remember, no quitting on your quit!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; July 13, 2019, 07:03 AM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

69F and feeling just a little cooler.
                          AC went out, blown fan and bad capacitor, always happens on one of the hottest days of the year, oh well. Fixed now.
                          The problem with moderating for me was, I never knew when I'd just get shitfaced. I could almost drink like a normie most of the time, then one day, boom. That's what scares me the most, and that's why no AL is the cure.
                          Good to see you, Daisy.
                          As far as cancer goes, I'm sure, al plays a part, if not a large part.
                          Here's to easy AF round for all of us.
                          24 more

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Moderation isn’t an option for me because I know that I’ll end up back where I was before. Still though, it’s sometimes tempting to try!

Great quote today Rava. Enjoy golf Cowboy, keep your head down!

A beautiful start to the day, warm and sunny. We were back from our walk before 7.

Mr V, of course the AC is going to quit on one of the hottest days of the year. At least you weren’t hungover when dealing with the repairs! I once had a furnace quit when the temp was -28. I think some guy named Murphy made laws about stuff like that happening.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quick check in. Hope to read back later. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Yeah, I guess the A/C gets the most stress when it’s super hot out, and the furnace when it’s super cold, so that’s when they blow.

Glad you finally got some sun, Cowboy, and can even get out for some golf! But just the 18 holes, and not the booze time that seems to get tacked onto the end of every sport.
                                We’ve been hogging the sun here this week-it only rained once and then only during the night.

Well today is an easy day with kids!: I have my daughter & two of her cousins at a swimming pool, and they don’t need anything to do with me! So I’m sitting here posting. I’m so happy that they’re busy and having fun with each other.

That is the complication, Mr. V: sometimes we can drink moderately and sometimes we can’t! By the end though, I could predict that I could only have one or two moderate drinking sessions, and the next one would be a blow-out.

Wishing an easy AF night for Rava with all the drinkers around the bonfire, and for me at Fish Fry tonight while they all drink, and 24 more for all of us!
                                Last edited by Slo; July 12, 2019, 04:01 PM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X