Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope Cafe members friends and family in Louisiana are safe. That’s an amazing rainfall, hard to imagine.

Sunny and warm here this morning when we walked but there’s storms in the forecast.

I had a bad case of the feckits last evening but thankfully didn’t cave. Got to be diligent all the time, eh?

Anniversary gift shopping continues today, wish me luck!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. I am all messed up today. I’m off from work and thought it was Sunday. Yikes. Is this what retirement is like? Two full days on the beach has friend my brain. Hope everyone has a great MONDAY!!! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

72F and muggy, going to get hot today.
          No work, so an early bike ride.
          lots to do around the house
          Happy anniversary, QW!
          Enjoy the time with your daughter, Cowboy!
          I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
          24 more please!

Comment

Sometimes I lose track of what day it is now that I'm retired, but it's usually because my routine has been disrupted in some way. Even in retirement there are routines if we want them. I do coffee shop on Tuesday, but someone asked me to trade days. Now my routine is thrown! LOL I won't know what day it is until I get back on track. But I'm not going to get back on track this week anyway because we are going camping! So, I simply will have to think consciously about what day it is for a while!

All my family members in Louisiana came thru the weather with no serious problems! Thank goodness!

Nice to have your daughter's help, Cowboy. How did the job go? Thanks for yesterday's quote. It made me smile!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“What you do now matters more than what happened yesterday. And what you do now is your choice.” - Marc Chernoff

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Warm and muggy after last night's rains, didn't even look at today's forecast, probably more rain...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy Where did you get to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]??

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I like the quote today, Cowboy. It keeps us focusing on now & forward instead of what happened.
                Bad memory of your last take-your-daughter-to-work day for sure! At least she was there to help get you to medical care.

Bizarrely, out to dinner again last night! HB was craving Indian food. Very slow service, so continuing to re-train my brain to drink plain water while sitting at a table awaiting food. I have such a Pavlov’s dog reaction to drinking wine or beer then. It reminded me of how I used to get the 22-oz. bottle of Indian beer instead of the 12-oz. one, because it was a better value! Yeah right.

Good news that your family in Louisiana is safe, Dill.
                The U.S. July 4th holiday threw me off on which days were weekdays and which were weekends, Rava.
                Good job getting through the feck-its, QW.

I miss [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!

24 more please.
                Last edited by Slo; July 15, 2019, 08:00 AM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Back home and back in the routine. Whatever that is. Seems like I think I'm going to get a routine going and then it changes. Oh well! It's all good. We have so much to be thankful for! Thanks for the week of quotes, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Love the quote today, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Make today count!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, retirement is the best job I’ve ever had! Funny though, I still look forward to Friday’s and long weekends. One of the best parts is being able to do activities mid-week and leave the weekends to those who work.

Still haven’t found Mrs QW’s anniversary present yet so the search will continue today. Apparently appliances aren’t an appropriate anniversary gift, according to a friend. Who knew? Wish me luck!

No more feckits thankfully. Clever beast we fight, eh?

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad that your family is safe [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Loved the quote cowboy, and thanks for taking over for LC! Not sure where she's off to.
                      [MENTION=3270]ginger[/MENTION] 999....love seeing your pics on FB. The house is really coming along!

Hot and muggy over the next several days.....it is mid July after all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Tuesday to all. Dill, I’m glad your family is safe! QW, hope you find that perfect gift. I would imagine a new appliance would not bring much excitement! Thanks for the quote today ABC I used looking back as an excuse to drink for many years. Now I realize that moving forward is the only way to go. Making better choices along the way as well. Gonna be a scorcher today! Thank goodness for air conditioning! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please!!

Comment

Thanks for that quote yesterday Cowboy. It is so positive and true. It made we wonder who Marc Chernoff is and what the context was when he said it. I feel like I've heard that name before. If I have time, Ill search it.

Cloudy here. I think it is from Barry. I hope we don't get rain!
                          24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"And if we can make each day of our lives more positive, then those days will add up to weeks, months, years, and lifetimes of living our lives as fully as we can." - Tom Walsh

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

A bit foggy this morning, but warm. Only 20% chance of showers today but more rain predicted for Wednesday through to Saturday...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I chatted with [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] via pm, she's still stateside visiting with family. Doing lots of traveling with intermittent wifi coverage. Her and the girls are headed back to Berlin on the 21st, so looks like y'all have to put up with quotes from me for the rest of the week lol.

I enjoyed having my daughter work with me yesterday, she didn't even complain when I put her on the end of a shovel digging trenches for the plumbing lines lol. Today will be much easier as we start on the in-floor heating and it will be a shorter day as we're going out for supper then dropping her off at her mom's place. So I'll get to watch everyone around me having a drink as well [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] reminding myself that I don't want or need a drink, I'm quite happy being a non-drinker!

Comment

73 and muggy. Heavy rains and flooding yesterday, as the remnants of Barry start moving in, looks like another few days with heavy rain.
                                I did get a bike ride in, hit my annual goal of 1000 miles. Now, onto 2000.
                                I'm moving forward.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X