~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

1000 miles on your bike is awesome, Mr. V! It’s fun to be in biking season. I’m getting out on my bike regularly too now, but just for around 5-mile rides. It really helps with adding enjoyment to life & decreasing stress.

If the appliance is a high-quality somewhat luxury item and something that she really wants, then it could be a welcome gift, QW, especially if Mrs. QW is of a practical nature. You could add something like a bouquet of flowers with it to make it more romantic.

So nice that you’re getting daughter time, Cowboy! And it’s kind of fun to work together rather than just visit.
    Dinners out AF with others drinking is small potatoes compared to weddings, parties, & work events; but still, I’m glad I’m getting better at it. And I too am happy now to be a non-drinker.

Requesting another 24 hours!
    Last edited by Slo; July 16, 2019, 08:35 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another good quote! Hubs has some tests this morning at the heart center so I'm off early this AM. Sure happy to be starting this day unhung.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Currently raining with heavy thunderstorms expected mid-morning. Jessie had her breakfast and has gone back to bed as she knows we’re not walking in this.

Our new refrigerator is to be delivered this morning. Last evening we emptied the old fridge but first removed the artwork done by our grandkids. I had no idea the bar fridge could hold so much food. I know it used to hold lots of beer! After filling the new fridge, the artwork will find a place on the doors of the new fridge. On her last visit, our granddaughter was so happy to see one of her drawings on display. ‘I maked that for you Granddad” she exclaimed.

SLO, sadly the new fridge is more practical than a luxury item. Until I started researching appliances I had no idea you could spend $8500 on a fridge! Flowers will be bought though. Not sure what our kids have planned as they usually do something for us.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; July 16, 2019, 08:32 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

70° and very muggy on the back porch this morning.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning all. Ginger, I hope your husbands test results come back normal! Mr. QW, I totally understand being practical vs luxury. Appliances are crazy expensive. My dishwasher went up and I am putting off buying a new one for now. Lots of heat and humidity in the forecast here. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

24 more please and thank you.

You're bringing up some great quotes this week Cowboy. Love the focus on the positive! I quoted your stressed/desserts quote the other day to someone and got a smile.

I miss [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] too! Good to know [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] is doing ok and just busy with travelling. I get that!

We're up on Lake Erie for a couple of days. Barry followed us up here. Not good. But with camping you must roll with the punches!
              Last edited by dill; July 17, 2019, 05:42 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“If you are facing in the right direction, all you need to do is keep on walking.” - Buddhist Saying

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Quite foggy this morning, more rain on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pretty exciting to watch the house go up eh [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! And we get to watch right along with you via FB!

Just reading 1000 miles made my legs tired [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] lol. Good job though on your exercise routine. I haven't been able to get in any golf between work and rain, but getting lots of exercise working in this farm shop!

Bubba and I usually give each other practical gifts for special occasions [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. What can we really get for each other that actually gets used lol.

Camping is fun, but not if you're camping in the tail end of a hurricane [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol, but we do learn to make the best of every situation!

Had a great supper out with our daughter last night, then dropped her off at her mom's after saying our goodbyes. It was fun having the daughter along with me [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], we got visiting done as we worked and she commented on how little she actually knew about my work.

I've got a couple more days to finish up the floor heat, then back to other jobs. But it was fun having Amanda along for those couple of days...
                  Last edited by abcowboy; July 17, 2019, 07:21 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

75F rainy. Barry is right on top of us now. moves out, and heat moves in for the rest of the week, weekend.
                    Power lines down on the street next to us, thankfully I still have power.
                    24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad that Barry wasn’t too much of an inconvenience, compared to what it could have been. Glad your power wasn’t affected Mr V. Dill, I recall camping in a tent in a major storm many years ago and it was scary! On that same trip we met a couple from Ohio who kindly shared a bottle of Kentucky bourbon. Not to be outdone and as a proud Canadian, after the bourbon was gone, I opened a bottle of Seagram’s finest rye. Long story short, has anyone ever leaned on the side of a tent for support?

Our new fridge wasn’t delivered until 6:30 last night, seems the delivery company forgot us. Not impressed! Anyway, it works just fine.

Beautiful morning here, sunny and mild when we walked.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow! We slept in until 7:45! What the heck? I guess we needed a nap.

Another busy, busy day around here. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hmm, that’s one way to knock down a tent, QW! And in the middle of a storm no less!
                          Hope your camping trip is going ok, Dill, and the worst of the storm is missing you.

Oh, you meant a large appliance, QW! I was thinking along the lines of an Instapot or a small vacuum.
                          I like to display children’s artwork on the fridge too, so, the last time we needed to replace ours, I made sure to get the kind that magnets stick to, and not the en vogue stainless steel kind that they don’t.

Cowboy, your daughter learned a lot more about her dad by working with you. I’ll bet she was pretty impressed by what you can do!

Happy & busy is good, Ginger!

I got my teeth professionally whitened today, and got the windows & screens on the house professionally washed. Two new experiences. We’re very shiny here!

24 more hours AF please.
                          Last edited by Slo; July 17, 2019, 07:58 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Busy week here so another quick but sober check in.
                            [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...I've leaned on many a tent back in the day!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

73F with 92% humidity. The heat dome is moving in.
                              Went for a bike ride yesterday, thought I had a window without rain, wrong! Lol. After it started it felt so good and cooling, I just kept going, about 20 miles in the rain. Now the i-phone's acting up, lol. Tried to keep it covered, but...
                              Hope you're not too wet, Dill.
                              Need update photo on the house, Ginger!
                              Nice job on the farm shop, Cowboy.
                              Too funny about leaning on tents, lol.
                              Super jealous about all those clean windows, Slo. I really need to do that, or should I say, have it done.
                              24 more please

Comment

Good morning. Enjoyed reading all the comments this morning!! Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X