~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sitting on the back porch this morning listening to the thunder in the distance. Very muggy and warm with temps near 100° today, which is quite unusual for this part of NY.

Thanks for taking over QD this past week [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]....you came up with some good ones!

Looking forward to another sober day!

Comment

Good morning. Gonna be over 100 today. Busy weekend ahead full of grandkids. So looking forward to that. Here’s an off topic story. Our little dog was trained to stay in the yard. We had a collar and underground fence to keep him safe. Over time the fence got accidently cut but he stayed within our property UNTIL OUR NEIGHBORS GOT A LITTLE GIRL POODLE.. Last night at 10 pm, I let him out to do his business and within 5 minutes the neighbor called. He was over there house sitting in their sunroom with their party guests! OMG this dog.......Another 24 for me please and thanks. Mr. QW, get on the stick, isn’t today your anniversary???

Comment

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.” - George A. Sheehan

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

The sun is shining this morning! And supposed to be that way all week!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; July 20, 2019, 06:48 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Anniversary to you and the Missus [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

What did you finally decide for a gift??
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I really like that quote, Cowboy! When you look at a person you don't always think of what effort they put into becoming who they have become; the choices and the efforts they have made. It does take courage and determination for each and every one of us! More so for those trying to overcome some circumstances, such as addiction/alcoholism.

Mr. V, Lontz winery! LOL! I've been there! It was before my serious drinking days and I was with my young children so I just visited and bought a souvenir bottle of wine which I drank many years later when I did end up having a problem with wine. One night when I ran short of my favorite stuff I decided a souvenir bottle on the shelf was just silly! That may have been one of the worst wines I ever tasted! LOL I drank it of course. Taste wasn't a factor any longer for me!
            I watched kind of a silly movie last night on Netflix called Point Blank. It was fun tho because it was filmed in Cinci, just to the south of us! You are many familiar with the place?

Looks like the heat wave will continue thru Monday and then finally a break. I'll take 24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post again, Cowboy!

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. QW!:heartbeat:
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

What a week it's been! Rained everyday and the construction site I'm working at is a mudhole, need 4 wheel drive to get in and out! Had problems keeping the pieces of insulation in place because of the wind, shorted on material from the supplier, and woke up to a flat tire on my truck Thursday morning. All in all, not a bad week I'd say lol.

Thankfully I was never led away in handcuffs [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but there was many a time I could have been because of drinking and driving. So glad those days are behind me!

Hard to believe the wedding is only a week away [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], I think you are going to have a great AF time, even if you think your hair is too short!

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], even a week will change that cut. You'll be beautiful and sober! It will be wonderful.

Happy anniversary to you and Mrs Q, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we've never made it to any of the Great Lakes. Should put it on our list.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], so glad your little pup only went for a walk about and didn't go long! My grandson's kitten went missing yesterday for 9 hours! I was sure a hawk snatched him as he's only 5lbs, atm. About 10p last night he came crying at our door. He had a small abrasion on his lip but otherwise unscathed. Oh how I wish I knew his story. Farm cats.... it's a rough life, mostly!

Plumbers, HVAC, and windows next week. My grandson shot over 15,000 nails yesterday into the hurricane clips and roof sheeting. We don't have hurricanes but we do have winds and I want a 7ft overhang with no posts blocking our view. That comes with a lot of nails, I guess! It passed the framing inspection yesterday so good to go!

Hope everyone has a great AF Saturday! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the anniversary congrats everyone! I decided to get Mrs QW a watch, turns out she’s wanted one like this for a while. One of her gifts to me is a barbecue apron which she had signed by our kids and grandkids! What a great gift!!! Can’t wait to try it out.
                    Mrs QW awoke to the smells of bacon sizzling and coffee brewing as I attempted to duplicate one of Cowboy’s breakfast dishes. Think I succeeded!

Cool & wet today although summer is expected to return tomorrow. Maybe get a chance to try my new barbecue apron!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You sound like such a sweet, devoted husband, QW! And your searching resulted in the perfect gift for her.

Luckily we’re only in the 90s F, Rava & Jude, instead of your 100 degree temps!

What a week you had, Cowboy! It’s like everything that could go wrong did! It’s hard to work in mucky wet mud.

Rava, those boy dogs are wanderers! We had to put an Invisible Fence in for this male dog that we have now.

Our cat started out life as a barn cat, and he hated it! He’s such a prince, and is actually half-house cat, so wasn’t built for that kind of rough life! He spent his kitten time at the door to the house on the farm, crying to be let in. Luckily my sister rescued him before he froze to death.

Maybe I’ll have to watch that silly movie set in Cincinnati, Dill. My daughter’s fiancé is from Eastern Indiana, but near Cincinnati.

Thanks, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I sure hope it’s true that my hair might be better one week from today! I tried to brush it off and not let it bother me, but ended up in tears. Then felt low, then ended up drinking near beers, which I normally never do unless I’m out. Think I went too low on sugar lately, and feeling fragile from that too. I really only have the strength to give up alcohol, but need sugar to replace it.

Onwards! Requesting 24 more hours to round out my year.
                      Last edited by Slo; July 20, 2019, 08:35 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I don't need alcohol to see the world in its depths, I carry the sun in me~Lamine Pearlheart

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. QW! Only love can conquer the road blocks that have been thrown your way. :heartbeat:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] I do not recommend you watch that movie! It was silly because it was impossibly and unnecessarily super violent and gross. I do not think you would like it nor would you learn anything about Cincinnati that would be in any way realistic! LOL Maybe 'silly' was the wrong word to describe it!

Thanks for a great week of quotes, Cowboy!

24 more, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

9C (48F) this morning on our way to a nice and sunny 26C (82F) for the day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Already 80F at 8am. Just hot and muggy.
                              I have not seen the movie yet, Dill, but my son worked on it. He does production work for television and movies, all behind the scenes. Mostly TV. Lots of movies being filmed here in the Queen city.
                              Happy anniversary, QW! Glad you two made the day special for one another!
                              Day off!
                              24 more please

Comment

I do believe [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] has reached 1 year! Huge congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X