No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's breakfast day in the Café today, and you're right Mr V, it'll be cake day tomorrow!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yum, poached eggs & hash!

The Day & Date calculator says I’m at 52 weeks, but Cowboy is right: I’m off on my day count, and my one-year is not actually until tomorrow.

Asking for 24 more again to get me to a year. Thanks for the beautiful quote to carry into my day, Jude!
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

A beautiful Sunday morning here. We are headed for a high 90 hot spell this week. Usually when it gets this hot we head to the coast but this year the house stuff is keeping us close.

Good job, QW on finding the perfect gift. That's a really good quote, Jude. Thanks! Yummy brekkie, ABC.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW and I had a nice day yesterday, received congrats from our family and friends from all over. We had supper out. I’m glad I wasn’t at the grill when a violent thunderstorm hit but am looking forward to barbecuing rib eye steaks tonight in sunshine.

Slo, I’ve photographed about 150 weddings. Your family and friends will remember that you helped raise a fine young lady and that you’re a great mother and mother in law, not that your hair wasn’t exactly the way you wanted it. Enjoy the beauty of the day, have fun and don’t sweat the small stuff!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; July 21, 2019, 10:05 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning!!! Was on here early this morning and got interrupted. So now I’m back and got to have some breakfast. Those fried potatoes are my favorite! Thanks ABC! Mr. QW great gifts to and from your wife. Enjoy your special day! Slo, tomorrow will be an awesome day for you. Your hair is the least of your worries. I remember this time last year how much you wanted to be sober for her wedding. Well you did it and you have so much to be proud of!!! Heading to a birthday party today for one of the grands! Its supposed to be 110-120 heat index. What the hell. This party is outside. I may melt just like the wicked witch on the Wizard of Oz. Well I sure hope everyone has a great day. Stay cool for those of you in those hellish hot zones!!!

Comment

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” ~John F Kennedy

Happy Monday cafe!

Asking for another sober day!

Comment

Good Monday Morning Cafe! Great quote Jude. Today is another scorcher. Decided to spend the day at the water park with some grands. Lazy River is in order. No booze for me. I will take another 24 please and thanks!

Comment

Booze and water activities do not mix, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Good choice to take another 24. Every summer you hear a news story about someone falling or diving off a boat and drowning, while inebriated. Have fun with the grandkids!

Thanks for a very good quote, Jude. :heartbeat: Getting sober takes so much focus on the day in the early going it does tend to keep one from thinking about the future. But at some point we all do need to focus on plans for the future. Getting sober is a good accomplishment but the perk is that other achievements are doable too! Things that would not have happened if we stayed in the bottle. Say, how is Stetson?.

24 more, please and thank you!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Another fine day in store, starting off this morning at 15C (60F) so I might just have to get in a round of golf this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; July 22, 2019, 06:55 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, it's cake day in the Café

Congratulations [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] on your one year of sobriety!

Comment

Aww, it’s beautiful, abcowboy! Thank you so much! Everyone help yourselves to some cake!
                        Last edited by Slo; July 22, 2019, 07:27 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Congratulations on 1year [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!!!! Awesome job
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

70F, damp, but cooling down. According to weather folks, we just went through the longest heat spell ever recorded in the area. 26 days over 86F, for what that's worth. Only a few days seemed hotter than normal.
                            MMMMM, cake! Congrats, Slo!
                            Hope you got that round of golf in Cowboy!
                            24 more here please.

Comment

Happy anniversary, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Great Job now pass me some cake :•)

Busy day around here! Got to get going but I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 147 today, $2,205 not wasted.

Slo, congrats on 1 year! Very well done!!

Sunny and warm here today. The steaks I barbecued last night were wonderful, might have the same tonight.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X