~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning! Beautiful golf course pictures Cowboy. Looks peaceful and beautiful. Your phone takes great pictures! Winding down this week from all the condo work. Hope to take a bike ride to the beach to see how far it is. Hope everyone has a great day today. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Let us always meet each other with a smile.
      -St. Teresa of Calcutta

A study showed that the sheer act of smiling, even when there's nothing to smile about, lifts your spirits. Maybe more smiling on everybody's part will calm the atmosphere in the country!

I sure can understand why people love to golf when I saw those pictures Cowboy!

Welcome back QW! Glad you're home safe and sound.

24 more please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; August 14, 2019, 06:21 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Another nice day in store until the rain moves in again later this afternoon...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

When I read your quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], this song immediately came to mind! Our smiles not only affect us, but those around us as well, so keep smiling y'all!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Welcome home, QW! I love ethnic restaurants. I sure wouldn’t want to recover from 16 hours of jet lag though! Good job getting through it all AF.

Have fun exploring your new locale, Rava!

Walks, golfing, biking, horseback riding, all sure do help us relieve stress and open up to solutions. They become a necessary outlet in place of drinking.

It’s raining here too, Cowboy.

Asking for another 24 hours AF, and with a smile on my face!
            Last edited by Slo; August 14, 2019, 07:29 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote and reminder, Dill.

Had a wonderful lunch with my sisters yesterday. Lots of "laugh out louds". Very cathartic! Love them so much. They are planning a trip down to AZ in February to visit us for two weeks. Fun!!

Hope everyone has an easy day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another24 hours please & thank you.

In an attempt to speed up the re-entry process to the Mountain Time Zone, I slept the clock around. Time will tell if it works! I think it’ll be a quiet day although Jessie has been not too subtle in telling me that she needs a nice long walk!

Wishing everyone an af Wednesday!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.”
                    - Ian MacLaren

I remember how hard the going was when I first started this journey. I would think about the internal battle I was fighting each and every day just to stay sober and would marvel at how invisible it was. On the outside I looked just fine! No one could see what was on the inside. Well, this quote reminded me of those days and also that none of us can see inside the people we meet each day and know what struggle they are having internally. Best to be kind, just in case! The whole world seems to be in turmoil but not my back porch! There it's peaceful and full of the sounds of crickets in the nighttime and cicadas in the daytime. Love those sounds! And what a gorgeous full moon I woke up to this morning! Farmer's Almanac said it is the Surgeon Moon. I hope some of you got to see it too!

24 more hours please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; August 15, 2019, 04:39 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm loving the positive quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Welcome back QW! Hope that sleeping around the clock helped out with the jetlag!

Well, it looks like I'm going to need surgery on my right shoulder, as I seem to have torn my rotator cuff. Probably happened when I got thrown from a horse a few months back. :horse: Not looking forward to that, but I guess that I have no choice in the matter. I suppose that things could be worse. At least it's fixable!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Sorry to hear that you need surgery Jude. Like you said it could be worse.... Dill, great quotes this week. I have alway been told “fake it till you make it”. Maybe thats where the smiles come from. We put on a happy face no matter how we are feeling and sometimes, we start to feel better. QW lots of sleep will get you back to your normal mode! Your dog doesn’t care if you are tired or not! LOL. Ginger, glad you had fun with your sisters! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Warm but cloudy, rain on the way for today and tomorrow...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm definitely getting tired of the rain [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] lol.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I remember what my friend once told me; if you're going to have horses, you're going to have wrecks". It's true, but we deal with the wrecks because we love having horses!

Getting back to normal time [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]?

Comment

Bummer about the rotator cuff repair surgery, Jude. I had a complex tear that required that surgery in July 2015. But, now that shoulder works great! Good luck to you.

Happy for you that you have your sisters, Ginger!

So which camera did you bring to Australia, QW? Were you happy with your choice?

That is such an important quote, Dill: an important reminder that people might be fighting internal battles that we can’t see. And we of all people should know what that’s like.

Hope you’re enjoying the “lull” before harvest time, Cowboy!

Asking for another 24 hours; should be another easy, routine weekday.
                              Last edited by Slo; August 15, 2019, 07:46 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X