~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, Jude. But you're right, it's fixable and you'll be good as new afterward.

Another great quote and reminder, Dill. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

73F and warm
      Sorry about the surgery Jude.
      Hope the jet lag is done, QW. Don't much care care for it, lol!
      Going for a bike ride today to unwind before work. Work all weekend.
      Today's quote remind me of another by former Reds/Tigers manager Sparky Anderson, "It doesn't cost a nickel to be nice to people," "It's something you can give away for free and it means more than a million dollars."
      We're all fighting to get through
      24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, sorry you need surgery on your shoulder. Hope the procedure makes your shoulder 100% again.

Yesterday went well as far as adjusting to the time change, until 2:20 this morning that is. I woke up and stayed awake until 4. I’ll figure it out today!

I ended up taking the point & shoot camera and made the right choice. Sitting in the front row, I thought I’d get some different shots from the professional photographer. He was everywhere! When I photographed weddings I tried to be inconspicuous but this guy spent the entire ceremony at the front with the bridal party. I am looking forward to seeing his photos though. He had a great personality and worked very well with the bridal party and guests.

It was interesting at the reception to be one of the very few drinking non-alcoholic beverages while some people over indulged. Nobody got stupid drunk but several shouldn’t have driven home.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Thursday!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful morning on the back porch! Mild and breezy, but the crickets are telling me that changes are on the way!

Yesterday, there was a bottle of vodka calling my name. It was quite insistent, and it was a real struggle to say no. Thankfully, I won, and chose a bowl of ice cream instead!

Greatful for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.”
            -Albert Einstein

It's so true! Things that have no form cannot be seen and counted. But yet they are very real and do count! Our thoughts matter. Ideas matter. Albert Einstein was no dummy!

24 more is a good idea!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], good for you!:thumbsup:
            Last edited by dill; August 16, 2019, 04:31 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Been up since 4am doing laundry. Woke up to my dog getting sick in the bed and it soaked thru everything!! :cuss: ugh a nap will be in order later today! Hope everyone has a great day!! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Cloudy and rainy in Vegreville, rain for the next few days...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24 please good for you ignoring the vodka and going for ice cream instead Jude!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Such a true quote, Dill.

Jude, glad you were able to fend off the vodka voice. It sure would be easier around here, if there just was NO alcohol in the house. Hubs likes his one beer a night and a shot of whiskey. That's it but every night so it keeps AL in my line of sight daily. Some days are harder than others that is for sure. When is your surgery?

We are on the home stretch with construction! It's rather surreal. I'm going to miss seeing my son and grandson every day! They've worked so hard in this heat to get it done so we have a couple of months in it before we head south. They are amazing. I'm one blessed mama/gmom.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Sorry you’ve had so much rain, Cowboy! We’re cloudy here all day, with a little rain possible. And blessedly not too hot! The heat returns tomorrow.

I tire of cleaning up cat & dog vomit. On the bed is the worst though, Rava! Our cat finally puked up a plastic cap last week, so hopefully that was the source, and now the end, of his constant vomiting. The vet was getting concerned.

Glad you got through that, Jude. I suppose worries about upcoming surgery don’t help. I always found ice cream to be an amazing substitute to squelch cravings.

So true that it’s actually the invisible things that count, Dill!

I’m still sluggish, aching, tired, & moody; but should slowly start getting better now that that full moon is over.
                      Going for 24 more as we head into the weekend!
                      Last edited by Slo; August 16, 2019, 08:49 AM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Nothing quite like doggy barf, eh Rava? Hope the clean up wasn’t too gross.

Still adjusting to the time change but it is getting better. I haven’t taken Jessie for our morning walk since I got home but hopefully tomorrow.

Good for you Jude to ignore the beast and have ice cream instead.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Just want to thank you all for your ongoing support and encouragement! It really helps a lot!
                          [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].. the surgery is scheduled for September 20th, so I guess that I'll have to start doing things with my left hand only. Not looking forward to this at all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain...
                            To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life,
                            not to deny my humanity but embrace it.
                            - Kevyn Aucoin

Jude, didn't Mr. J just go thru a shoulder surgery not too long ago? How is he doing? I hope all goes well for you. Will you have to take a break from riding?

Hope your dog is feeling better, Rava. And your cat, Slo.

On the porch this morning I am hearing the birds and crickets greeting the day and seeing the occasional bat flying back to its home base. There was a faint smell of skunk this morning but it has dissipated. It's going to be a hot one!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; August 17, 2019, 05:24 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Jude now that your have your surgery date you can start making your plans. Its will be over before you know it! Ginger, I’m sure you will miss your grandson when you move but at least it’s not forever. I will be dealing with that same issue this winter. We leave Florida tomorrow afternoon and head back to reality. This trip has been a good one getting the condo ready. The next time we come, I will be officially retired. QW, hope you get back to your groove soon! That time change must be a killer! Thanks for the great quote Dill. Hope everyone in this Cafe has a great day! Hi to Slo, Mr. V, Paulywogg, Cowboy and anyone else I missed. :thumbsup:
                              Last edited by Rava; August 17, 2019, 06:39 AM.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Chilly this morning in Vegreville, 5C (40F), but it looks as though the sun might shine all day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X