~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

72F and muggy, going to be a hot one today.
    on the way to check-in yesterday, got distracted.
    Bike ride, then work.
    Hope everyone and their pets are well.
    24 more please!

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I haven't been commenting much this week, my mind has been on other things...but that's no excuse lol.

I was reading about [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] deciding to let the Steppers thread go (got to slip over there and share a few thoughts), and wondering about other members such as [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=13741]daisy45[/MENTION] etc, and thinking about helping others. When things are going smoothly here in the Café it's easy just to do a quick check-in, then cruise around the rest of the threads. But, it's also important to stay in touch with everyone here whom I hold dearly as well. I'll have to jot some thoughts in a Word doc throughout the day and do a rare evening post!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The Steppers said they would keep posting elsewhere on the site, but so far they haven’t been. I hope they will, as I miss their voices!

My rotator cuff repair was on my dominant side as well, Jude, as is usually the case. I don’t remember it being too hard to not have my left hand to use, although memories fade...yes, you definitely will have to take a long break from riding.

Hopefully you’re readjusting enough to be able to walk Jessie today, QW. I’m trying to get back to bike riding after my sluggish period. Took 15-minute rides the last two days, and will go for a half hour this morning. That will make Mr. V laugh, with his hours-long rides!

It is an extra challenge to have booze constantly in your line of sight, Ginger & Jude; and watching a partner have a daily cocktail hour can’t be easy, Ginger. Fortunately my husband keeps way less beer & wine in the house now, and no hard liquor anymore. And he drinks at home much less frequently.

Out for dinner last night, the restaurant had run out of AF beer. That would have agitated me earlier on, but with over a year in now, I didn’t mind drinking just water.

Asking for 24 more hours!
          Last edited by Slo; August 17, 2019, 09:26 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

That's right around the corner, Jude. Sooner it's done the sooner you're back in the saddle! Hope all goes well.

Rava, will you stay down in Florida over the holidays?

Hope everyone has a restful weekend. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie was thrilled to get back into our morning walk routine. I think I would have had the time change figured out were it not for inconsiderate neighbours making noise until 2AM.

Jude, I hope you adjust to doing things left handed without much difficulty. Being a leftie, I know how tough it is trying to do things right handed. And it’s a right handed world! I am reminded though of the oh so true saying, “If the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side of the brain controls the left side, that means that left handed people are the only ones in their right mind”. Can’t argue that logic!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Sunday all!

Thanks for the great quotes this past week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I especially liked yesterday's about choices....really hit the spot for me!

I probably won't be able to ride for six months after the surgery, and will be out of work for at least 4 months. Looks like I'll be reading lots of books!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Today we pack up and head back north. Our condo is now complete except for a few minor details but it looks great to us. I was able to get a lot of beautiful pictures at a local thrift shop to complete the beach theme. We are now officially ready for snow bird status! Hope everyone has a great and peaceful Sunday!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy here, rain forecast for today and tomorrow...

In the past 24 hours, these people have just signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Seeing as how I slept in a bit this morning, I figured I'd better get breakfast out before I read around the threads...

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

76F already this morning, hot and muggy.
                          working today
                          No laughing here, Slo, if you're out riding, you're lapping anyone on the couch, lol!
                          24 more please!

Comment

Good Sunday morning everyone.

Rava, I love how you are preparing for snowbird status! I'm happy your nest is ready for you when you fly south! The air is cooling at night here. It makes us both itchy for our winter destination!

Planning to go see "Art of Racing in the Rain" today. I read the book back when it came out. Hope I can make it through without crying. Taking tissue just in case!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

It’s raining here now too, Cowboy -although we haven’t had near the amount of rainy days that you have!

Nice quote! I like to use Sunday as a day of rest too, and find that to be the best rhythm for the week.

It must feel good to have your condo complete, Rava! Things are really changing for you; both retiring and becoming a snowbird! Exciting changes.

D1 and SIL are here overnight as they attended a wedding nearby, so must go put together a real brunch now. It won’t be quite as nice as Cowboy’s virtual one though!

Asking for 24 more!

Edit: D1 & SIL just got up and left to go out for brunch with other people, so I’m glad I didn’t put much effort into prepping a brunch like HB wanted me to do!
                              Last edited by Slo; August 18, 2019, 08:53 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, sorry your recovery time is going to be long but in the end it’s so important that you let your body heal. Just think of all the rides you’ll be able to go on next spring! And being alcohol free will speed up the process.

Mr V, I liked your comment to Slo about lapping everyone sitting on the couch. How true!

A beautiful sunny morning here when we walked. Steaks over charcoal for supper tonight. I missed beef when I was in Oz but thoroughly enjoyed lamb and other local foods when there. Can’t wait to go back!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X