Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Sunday everyone
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Café Friends!
      I just wrote in the Nest that I've been MIA because I've been doing most of my writing in a journal.. and am working with a woman who is helping me out with some other problems I've had with regards to being healthy. A healthy body is required for me to have a healthy mind..
      I think of you all a lot and read here often, even though I haven't been posting.
      It's just too much to do everything.
      Thanks for checking in on me, AB!
      love and hugs to everyone and here's to another 24 af hours!!!

Comment

Jude, I hope you heal quickly..:love:
        Delicious Breakfast, AB! thank you!

Comment

Late check in because of the grandkids being here. I looked in this morning but didn't get to post because granddaughter got up early to watch the sunrise with me. The sunrise was not spectacular at all but still it is always nice to watch the night sky give way to the light, and special to have the time with her.

Thanks for the nice thought for the day Rava. It is always nice to have a slower pace on Sunday. Didn't quite go that way for me today, but grandkid time is always good.

Thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy! I'm stuffed.

Hi LC, good to hear that you are taking care of yourself and it's great to see you!

Hi Nora, good to see you.
          Last edited by dill; August 18, 2019, 02:01 PM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I couldn't agree more [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], that's what Sundays are all about! Hope you got back home safely. Bubba and I had a somewhat relaxing day and got things ready for an overnight visit by one of my cousins and his wife, so playing host just like you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Just waiting for their arrival and will be about an hour yet before I put the strip steaks on the smoker [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], nothing better than a tender medium-rare AAA Alberta Beef strip loin!

Recovery, in any form, is tough [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but reading is a great way to pass the time! I gave up counting the number of books I've read since I got sober, be well over a thousand by now! Have you lined up anyone to keep Stetson exercised?

The house is looking fantastic [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], bet you're getting awful antsy for the first night in the new home!

No sense asking if you enjoyed the time with the grandkids [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I know every moment you spend with them is precious, even if it's to watch the sun rise lol.

Hope your work was close to home [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and it didn't take up too much of your Sunday!

Great to see you back [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], hope I'm not being to much of a pest for always checking up on you!

Thanks for stopping by [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I'm sure there's a chair here with your name written all over it!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy...I'm in the process of looking for someone to lease Stetson. I'd hate to see him sitting for six months. At least it will be wintertime during most of my recovery, so I probably wouldn't be riding a lot anyway. Like yourself, I am an avid reader, and sobriety has brought back the joy of sitting down with a good book! Awesome breakfast yesterday!

Good to see you back LC, and a big hello to you Nora!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends! Our plane was delayed but we got home around 9 pm. Luckily I don’t go back to work until tomorrow so I have a day to catch up. Hope everyone has a good Monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks! . Monday’s never looked so good when I was drinking. Now they are still hard but nothing like before!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Cool, cloudy, and rained overnight...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 19, 2019, 06:59 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Monday morning! Good quote, Rava. Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Off to the lake for the day with the three youngest grands, my sisters and their grands. It's been a pre-back to school tradition for years. Always an enjoyable day exploring the area with the kids. This is where I raised my kids so lots of memories for me!

Happy to be up early and clear headed! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Looks like a perfectly nice day here, and possibly cool enough to turn off the A/C.

What a fun day you have planned, Ginger! Such a nice annual tradition for all of you.

I was wondering about Stetson too, Jude, and your job...questions answered. Too bad this surgery involves such a lengthy recovery time, but it sure does.

School is coming; daughter goes in today to get her school picture taken, get any textbooks, etc.
                        They say parents don’t need to come along this year, as everything involving payments & signatures can be done online now! And she has her drivers license since the beginning of Summer, so off she goes, and I won’t be part of the annual ritual this year. That’s fine, as it’s part of gradually letting go.

Asking for 24 more hours!
                        Last edited by Slo; August 19, 2019, 09:42 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please& thank you. Day175, $2,625 not wasted.

A cool but sunny morning when we walked. We met up with an 80 year old friend who just adopted a 16 month old border collie. Nice to see them both thriving!

Chore day today. Mrs QW and I both need new phones so will do some online research before making a decision. Mrs QW loves to bake bread, rolls and cinnamon buns but now often lacks the arm strength to work the dough. I think a bread maker is in our future. She’ll still be able to work her magic if the dough is already made.

Have a great af Monday everyone. Cowboy, hope the steaks turned out well, ours were medium rare and mouth watering good! Wish we could treat our Cafe friends to some Alberta beef!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; August 19, 2019, 09:37 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, great idea on the bread machine!

Comment

That trip to the lake with your sisters and the grands sounds like a grate way to say farewell to the summer, Ginger! Having the grandkids here this past couple of days was our final fling too. I think the kids both enjoyed themselves. We did some fishing, a bit of hiking, played UNO, watched the Wizard of Oz and took a trip to the ice cream stand. The kids are both happy to be headed back to school after a long, hot summer.

Cowboy, I enjoyed your post yesterday. It's always great to hear your thoughts and perspective. I have not been so good at looking around at other threads in recent months. I was stunned to see how empty the place has become having been here since 2009 when the forum was so very active. I often think about folks I have connected with over the years and always wish them well. I like to think many of them achieved their goals and moved on in there lives. I hope the steppers will post here, or somewhere, but we shall see.

Slo, I read a quote once a long time ago that went something like this: Being a parent is one long letting go. Still, sometimes it can be difficult! Glad you made the transition on this one so easily.

The bread machine is a great adaptation! I use mine on the dough setting a lot.

But for me, 24 more hours please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; August 19, 2019, 02:07 PM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Restless night, but at least I'm sober...

Still can't believe how much money you've saved QW! I never really kept track of how much I was spending on booze, but I know that it was alot!

Sitting on the back porch listening to the owls calling from the woods. So very peaceful.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X