~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and happy Tuesday. QW just a thought, before you invest in a bread machine, I love to go to thrift shops and many have bread machines for dirt cheap. Just something to consider. We had horrible storms here yesterday. Thank goodness I was not driving in it. Lots of flooded roads. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

Rava, I loved today's quote! It's definitely one to share! I'm going to do just that if I can manage to print it out.

Thanks for the 'back porch minute' [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Each time I read one I imagine the moment and I find a feeling of peace.

Another thought, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...Do you happen to have a kitchen aid mixer by any chance? They come with a dough hook and she can mix up dough effortlessly!

Coffee shop day for me. I'm here making sure that there is caffeine available on demand!

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Decent morning, no rain forecast for the week, yay!!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hmmm, I might be slowing down in the thought processing in my later years, but I think I see a pattern developing in your daily quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol. Since I was home yesterday because of our company, it feels like Monday today for me!

When I'm seeding and harvesting, the days of the week are meaningless and often I don't even remember what day of the week it is! That happens a lot throughout the year for me as well, have to check to make sure what day it is. Not sure if that's a good thing; no day is any more important from the other because I take it one day at a time. Or is it a bad thing; my life has become so routine and meaningless that it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. Maybe that's what getting older is all about, we don't need a calendar to be watching what we have to do, we do what we want when we want...
          Last edited by abcowboy; August 20, 2019, 07:05 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

76F already. Hot and humid. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far.
              Not working but busy today. How did I get everything done while drinking. Suffering through the day, no more.
              24 more here please

Comment

Had a great time at the lake. Lots of swimming. All the kids said they want to go back once more before school starts. Not sure how we can fit that in with school starting Monday!

Loved the quote, Rava. ABC, I'm always looking at my phone to confirm the day/date. If I didn't, I'd never know what day it was!

Sheetrock tapers are almost done and the interior should be painted out by Friday. The finishes start Monday. It's been a whirlwind! Glad I've been AF for this adventure. Not sure how I'd managed otherwise. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, one of the best parts of getting older is doing the things you want when you want. Retirement is the best job ever!! I tend to do a lot of things during the week and leave weekends for those who work Monday-Friday.

Thanks for the bread maker suggestions! I will check Value Village before buying new. And yes, we did have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer with a dough hook that we gave away, along with a bread maker!! Doh! (Pun intended)

A cool but sunny start to the day, the high later on expected to be 28C, 82F. Nice.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi guys,regrettably at day 1 again, so I could really do with one of your 24s!

Comment

Welcome back [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]! Many of us here have had many day one's, myself included. Kudos to you for having the guys to try again!

Very mild and breezy on the back porch this morning, with several screech owls chatting to each other in the woods. A heavenly slice of life indeed. :wings:

Another 24 peaceful hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning all and welcome back Tony. I have been back and forth many times. This journey is best shared with friends. Which brings me to my quote for Wednesday. Yes Cowboy, there is a theme this week. LOL. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please! Today is a 2 picture day......

Comment

72F still warm and humid.
                          Storms last night, a cool off coming this weekend
                          Great to see you back Tony, I've been thinking of you.
                          Good Vibrations ( Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day, LOL)
                          24 more please

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Sunny skies this morning on our way to 27C (86F) for the day! Haven't seen it that warm in weeks!

In the past 24 ours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; August 21, 2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Great to see you back [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]! I dusted off your chair, so stick around for as many 24's as you want!

Darn it [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], now you got me humming that tune in my head lol...

I like it [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], the Tribe that Vibes! My day would not start off on the right foot without coming here to read about y'all!

No back porch for me in the morning [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], pitch black in the morning when I get up now!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; August 21, 2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Good morning,

Welcome back, Tony! I’m so glad you came back! Yes, it does help to break it down into 24-hour chunks and take it one day at a time.

I saw geese flying south yesterday! Autumn is coming.

Daughter doesn’t start school until September, but it has sort of started already, as high school swim season is already in full force, and she has a good bit of homework to do already for her advanced history class. Otherwise I’d like to do an end-of-summer outing with her cousins like Dill and Ginger did with the grands, but it won’t work out. We did that one summer recently right before school started, and it was the perfect ending to summer.

Hope you had a good visit with your company, Cowboy. Sounds like they were treated to an excellent dinner! I didn’t realize that you had such exceptional steak in Alberta.

Asking for another 24 hours AF!
                                Last edited by Slo; August 21, 2019, 07:09 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X