~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Up at 5 and I'm still late to the party! Morning everyone. I'm with you ABC, coming here is the best way to start the day. That and waking up unhung. Can't be beat.

Welcome, Tony!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great to see you in the Cafe Tony! Glad you’re back!!

Jessie and I walked in cool, breezy conditions this morning. Later on it’s to warm up to 31C, 88F. Looking forward to sitting on the deck later on while I try to figure out my new phone. It’s yet one more thing smarter than me!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome Tony, it's good to have you back.

It was too wet to sit on the porch this morning after yesterday's stormy weather.

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

9.55 am in a sunny but quite chilly north-east Scotland...the summer sun warmth is waning now.

Thanks for all the welcome comments and yes, ABC I'll take that chair if I may

And I'll have another 24 please...

Comment

The New York State Fair started yesterday, and with it, came a slew of advertising in the local news. Unbelievable how the fair is promoting all of the new boozy drinks that will be available! Truly sad....

Another 24 from this happy tribe member and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great AF day! Another day of storms ahead for my neighborhood. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

I am thankful today for my sobriety and the fact that I no longer obsess over my next drink!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

16C (62F) this morning, dark clouds and some thunder happening, so Hank is laying beside me up on the couch lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; August 22, 2019, 07:07 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, your day of the week theme has been great! If I know nothing else, at least I know today is Thursday! Believe me, that's a help!
                    And I love the reminder to have a thankful Thursday. I'm grateful for the birds for one thing, and all the sounds and sights of Nature! And for mornings without hangovers.

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; August 23, 2019, 06:35 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

What kind of phone did you decide on [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Bubba and I both just upgraded to the iPhone XS Max. Not much different from our iPhone 6S Plus, but it is a bit faster, more memory, and the camera is greatly improved.

Great quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Something I needed to be reminded about; gratitude! I've been having a bit of a pity-party as of late regarding in-laws, houses, etc and I really need to concentrate on the things I should be grateful for instead of creating stress for myself over things that I have no control over. I am so looking forward to harvest! No matter how long the days are, I can let everything else go and concentrate on something that I love doing!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; August 22, 2019, 07:25 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Same here, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I'm enjoying the "day" quotes.

Fall is definitely in the air around here. It's still hot during the day but definitely cooling down at night. I'm sitting here in my chair with a blankie drinking my cuppa coffee. Life is good!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:07 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was curious which phones you both upgraded to. I too have the iPhone 6S, which I am content with except for the camera, which is vastly improved with any of the newer iPhones above it.

Well, the refrigerator conked out, so now I too am finding out about the $8000 refrigerators, QW!

That is sad that the fair is focusing so much advertising on the booze varieties, Jude. It used to be that the fairs had their beer tents & stands, but it wasn’t considered the focus of going to the fair.

Thankful Thursday: I was thinking yesterday about how grateful I am that I can now plan to have people over for a cookout or plan to go out for dinner with people, and not really care/worry that they will be drinking and I won’t be. It is becoming a nonissue with me!

Asking for 24 hours AF.
                            Last edited by Slo; August 22, 2019, 08:35 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, I got a Samsung Galaxy A70, Mrs QW an A20. I’ve had iPhones for several years, my last being a 7Plus so I’m getting introduced to Android. I would have bought another iPhone but the offer of free phones was too hard to pass up. Plus on our new plans there is a substantial monthly savings. Mrs QW previously had a Samsung phone with a slide out QWERTY keyboard! The staff at the store hadn’t seen a phone that old before!

Cowboy, feeling sorry for ourselves is an easy trap to fall into, especially when it’s due to things beyond our control. And it can be tough to keep a positive attitude. I find that having something to look forward to keeps my spirits up. Usually it’s looking forward to seeing the grandkids but one thing I like to do after a trip is to plan the next one. I’m still dealing with jet lag after Oz but have booked a trip to Ontario to see some family and friends and then we have our annual winter escape to Mexico to look forward to in February.
                              And when PD makes travel too difficult for Mrs QW, we have lots of memories of some fabulous trips!

Tony, hope you’re doing well!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning...8.08am here in a cloudy north-east Scotland and I'm just home from a night shift...so off to bed soo .

But first I'll ask for another 24 please

Comment

Working...
                                X