• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Hope everyone has a great AF Friday! Another 24 for me please. I remember when this day was the biggest drinking day of the week. I used to hate Fridays when I quit. Now I welcome them. Progress is good!!!

Comment

Thanks for the Friday quote, Rava. Yes, progress is good! I remember everyday being a drinking day and for me Friday was no different than any other work day. Four o'clock witching hour Monday thru Saturday. But where I started drinking more was Sunday. I started earlier in the day during football season and that was one of the signs to me that I was in real trouble. I would watch the games with a beer in hand. Later in the evening switching to wine... My Mondays were my worst days because of it! I lost interest in football when I quit the football pool at work, but I still started drinking during the afternoon games even tho I no longer watched them. Anyone surprised?

Happy to be enjoying this morning without a hangover!

Gratefully asking for 24 more please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; August 23, 2019, 06:47 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

5C (40F) this morning, a bit cool but think 9 holes is in store for me this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You know [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], that's one of the things about lasting sobriety that I enjoy the most, being able to sit around people having a drink and not having it bother me. Or knowing that I have an event to attend and not having to worry about drinking too much and making a fool of myself. Heck, I can make a fool of myself completely sober lol. But as time goes by drinking becomes a thing of the past. I don't have to worry if there's enough booze in the house to get me through and no longer do I ask visitors if they'd like "a" drink so that I could drink. Now I ask if they'd like "something" to drink and let them know that we don't keep alcohol in the house. Being a non-drinker is just fine with me!

Ah, sports on tv [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], what a great excuse to drink! I used to watch every hockey game and CFL football game just so that I could drink! Now, I only watch the Oiler's games and golf and never have the urge to get up for a beer, not even through all the booze commercials lol.

It's been probably 5 years since I went to our local fair [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Again, it was just another event for me to drink! Booze has been so ingrained in every event that happens that it's no wonder that the breweries and distilleries are such successful companies!

Have a great Friday y'all, remember; there'll be no drinking for the Tribe that Vibes!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday!

Crazy day around here. Still waiting for the power company to hook up power. Everything is at a standstill until they hook us up. Sad thing is, it's only an hour job that's holding up everything. They won't give us an estimate of when they'll be out. A week, a month... They just can't say. I guess when you're a monopoly customer service isn't a high priority. Ugh!

Glad I'm sober, here and asking for another 24 hours!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Interesting reading about others drinking habits. I too automatically reached for a drink when sporting events were on TV, hell, by the time I realized I needed to change, the sun coming up was a good enough excuse to drink. I’m happy not to be like that anymore.

Ginger, reading about waiting for the power company to show up brings lots of memories of bad service I’ve received in the past. I’ve changed banks, cable, internet and phone service providers, and others, over bad service. I once had a banker try to lie to me, in fact, he said he doubted if I knew how something worked. I looked him in the eye, told him exactly how things might work if I was to remain his client, picked up my papers and as I was leaving his office, told him in 30 years in the banking industry I never tried to make a customer look stupid.
                  Pretty much every business, regardless of what service or product they provide, are in the people business. And if you treat people badly eventually it will catch up with you.

Yet another medical appointment today, hopefully the last for a while.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I’m going to a rock concert tonight; another event that’s completely intertwined with drinking! But, just with my sister; not with a bunch of drinkers.

Asking for 24 more hours!
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

We have power!!!

Comment

8.21 am in a slightly humid and overcast east coast of Scotland. Thank goodness I'm not on the west side, the midges would be everywhere in this weather.

Just home from another night shift so away to bed for a couple of hours before going to meet with my new Counsellor.

And I'll have another 24 please

Comment

Although I drank everyday during the week, Sunday's we're by far my worst drinking day [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Mondays were hell and I often called in sick. Surely don't miss those days!

Thanks @Rave for the great quotes this week!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday! I didn’t watch sports but didn’t need an excuse to drink. I started at 18 and now that I’m in my 60’s I realize that my drinking behavior was killing me. I used the excuse that I’ve been drinking too long to stop. What a crock. Any excuse to drink and keep drinking is where my craziness began. We all know it. Thats why I love this group. I am so organized in life that when alcohol took over my thoughts I was losing control. That was scary for me. Finding myself in a liquor store and buying booze when I told myself I wouldn’t is scary. It’s like being 2 people. I’m glad for better decision making. Using each day to continue on this sober path. It’s not always easy but it’s the right choice for me. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

14C (58F) this morning, looks cloudy, but still dark out there lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I think we have a great bunch of people here as well!

How was the concert [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? Who did you see?

Hopefully the new counsellor works out [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]. Personally, I think counselling is a great idea for anyone, for any problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X