~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another great quote, Rava! Thanks for a week of wonderful quotes and inspiration. I know so well what you mean when you say it was like being 2 people. I often felt that way! And sometimes I felt like I had lost control of my free will. I would not want to buy alcohol, but I would find myself walking into the store and buying it anyway. Like someone else was controlling my arms and legs! That loss of control was really frightening! I'm grateful to be past that and for the help I've had here along the way.

Jude, it was really chilly on the porch this morning! I just went out long enough to say good morning to Tessa, let her out of the garage and give her a treat. Too cool to stay out and drink coffee! But the birds were chirping none the less.

Gratefully looking for 24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

60F and sunny, a beautiful day on tap.
      Ruined quite a few of these days in the past. not today.
      Bike ride, then visit out of town to the in-laws to celebrate young Mr. V's birthday, 27.
      24 more here please

Comment

Great week of quotes, Rava. Thank you!

Long day yesterday! My sis and I helped our aunt (87yr) choose an assisted living facility. She's gotten very frail and has been falling a lot. Was no longer a safe situation for her at home. We lost my Mom 2 years ago. This aunt is mom's identical twin so it's kind of like still having mom but still a little creepy. They were identical almost completely. Voice, mannerisms, opinions, etc. It went well, she chose a nice place and we move her next Friday. She seemed happy when we left her.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I saw the Barenaked Ladies and Hootie & the Blowfish! It was excellent! What a treat. I’ve never been a huge concert-goer, but it helped me to understand better why people love live music and flock to concerts.
            We were admonished on the big screen to “Rock out, not Black out: Rock responsibly.”
            I’m so glad that my twin sister thought to invite me! Thought I’d be going with a fellow sober person, but she is off the wagon again. Oh well...there’s nothing I can do about that. We all make our own choices.

Tonight is high school swim team family night dinner, so that will be a sober event! Then meet up with some of my HB’s extended family for a boat ride and dessert, but will miss the dinner part. We are assured that there will be wine, beer, various liquors, and water to drink. Guess which one I’m having.

Asking for 24 more hours!
            Last edited by Slo; August 24, 2019, 09:15 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Ginger, when I read your “We have power!” comment, I thought you meant that in a more abstract way, like “We have power over alcohol!” Ha, ha.
              But no, you mean that that big company came through, and you literally have power hooked up in your new house!

Glad your aunt, your 2nd mom, was so cooperative about moving into assisted living, Ginger. I wish Cowboy’s in-laws would be so cooperative about selling their house and moving to assisted living.
              My twin sister is definitely like a second mom to my kids! And a second aunt to my niece & nephews.

My HB’s 63 y/o sister with dementia has just been moved back home here so we can keep an eye on her and help her. She is living independently in her parents’ now-empty house, since they both recently died; my MIL after a long slog through dementia. And now we’re picking up where we left off and doing it all over again with her daughter. The time will likely come when we’ll need to move her into an assisted living facility as well.

It was just an awful feeling to no longer be in control of myself when alcoholism took over. I was enslaved to it! At the concert last night, I was thankful to no longer have that invisible force pulling me to all of the booze stands.
              Last edited by Slo; August 24, 2019, 09:41 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool and cloudy when we walked but we are both glad we went.

Our neighbours let us know the other day that they’re hosting a 20th birthday party for their daughter today and warned us it could get noisy. These neighbours are the best we’ve ever had - very considerate, helpful, hard working, all traits they’ve instilled in their kids. We offered the use of our driveway as they have 35 coming for the party.

Ginger, glad you have power!! Slo, tough times for your family, thankfully you’re there to help and best of all, af. Dementia is such a hideous disease and we’re going to see more of it in the next several years as boomers age. One of the things I’ve been thinking of doing here is to start an initiative to make our community dementia friendly, a process of raising awareness and what to do to help someone in need.

Hope everyone has a great af Saturday!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; August 24, 2019, 09:41 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], both apply. Lol

Comment

08.48 in a bright sunny north-east of Scotland

Back home and chilling out with a coffee after the final night shift of the week...ready for a short sleep and then getting up to do some decorating.

I'm grateful for the four 24's I've had so far but I'll have another one, please
                    Last edited by tonyniceday; August 25, 2019, 02:50 AM.

Comment

""The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances.""-- Martha Washington

I think I've posted this quote before, but I like it a lot and find it to be true in my own life.
                      Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!
                      Extra strength and love to you, dear Slo..:hug:

Comment

Happy Sunday! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Great quote LC! Changing our mindset is critical to overcoming any addiction.

50° F out on the back porch this morning, so I've decided to have my coffee indoors today!

I'd be grateful for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

It's 14C (59F) this morning, a bit of rain yesterday and supposed to be a bit more today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Figured I'd get breakfast out before I read around the threads...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm not sure if you used that quote before [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], but it was a great one for me to read this morning! Every situation we find ourselves in can be made better or worse depending on how we view it! I have 2 small jobs to get cleaned up before harvest starts and I'm wondering which one to finish up first. Pretty small peanuts considering the decisions the farmers around here are facing, and I really don't have to worry about getting my work done on time as it looks like harvest won't start for at least another 10 days or so.

Last year we started harvest on the 27th. and this year Corey hasn't sprayed the peas yet, malt barley hasn't been swathed, not to mention that haying isn't even done yet! I stopped in last week to drop off some controls that I got for him to make the grain dryer more automated, needing less supervision as it's running. He's not going to have the time to stand around and keep an eye on it as they bought another combine because it's going to be a push to get all the crop off in the shortened harvest. So that combine needs an operator and he'll be busy enough trying to stay ahead of us with the spraying! Looks like once we get started there'll be some long hours for me to put in keeping 3 combines fueled, serviced, and doing what they were meant to do, get the crop off!

And I thought my situation with 2 jobs to finish was tough.... it's all in how we view things....

Comment

Working...
                                X