~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I love how that quote states it so succinctly, Lifechange. And it is so important for those of us navigating sobriety.

I see what you’re saying, Cowboy: farmers do have the burden of tough, strategic decisions to make, and then those big rush periods.

How are you doing with selling off your cattle, Dill?

Can you still ride Stetson up until your surgery, Jude?

Oh I’m fine - I’m not the one with dementia! And I don’t bear the burden of my SIL’s care as she advances either.
    It has been unsettling for me to see several baby boomers developing dementia rather early, in their 50s & 60s.
    Our library system here has started “memory cafe” gatherings for people with dementia & their caregivers to get together at for information, entertainment, & mutual support.

Happy birthday to young Mr. V! D3 will be 27 next birthday as well.
    That’s a big birthday party for your young neighbor, QW!

Hosting a cookout today. Asking for 24 more hours!
    Last edited by Slo; August 25, 2019, 08:20 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The neighbours were indeed quiet last evening, well behaved too. Not a surprise, as mentioned these are great neighbours. There was a possibility of storms in the area last evening and the neighbours had put up 2 large tents, just in case. About an hour after the party started the skies opened up and we had a torrential downpour complete with hail. Usually these storms pass in about10 minutes but not this one. It thundered and we had sheet lightning for an hour.

A quiet start to the day. Jessie and I are taking the morning off from our walk so I’m going to attempt to make an awesome breakfast, Cowboy style.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:19 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote, LC. I really need to remember that. Maybe I should tatoo it on my eyelids!

We've been watching our 15yr granddog since Friday. I didn't realize how much he'd failed this summer. He's blind and deaf and stumbles all over when he walks. My son keeps saying he knows it's close. I just didn't realize how close until last night. He's a black Boston and got away from me and I couldn't find him. He'd gotten in the pasture and in the irrigation set. When we finally found him, he was soaked to the bone. I felt so bad for the old boy. He's been such a faithful friend and has raised all three of my grands. I see a heartbreaking day in the near future.

Ugh..... I need another 24.
          Last edited by Ginger999; August 25, 2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Oh my, Ginger! So glad you found him!

Slo, the cows went off to auction a week and a half ago. But the good news is, the cattle man that helped us with them from time to time has asked us if he can rent our pasture and keep a few head here! We've had cows back on the pasture along with their calves and all the responsibility is on someone else. It's perfect!

Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. Yummy! I bet you're anxious to get started on the harvest.

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

8.11 am and its a beautiful sunny morning with clear blue skies here in noth-east Scotland.

I think a nice walk is in order before coming home and continuing the decorating and going to the Doc this afternoon ... all good

I'll thank you for another 24, please!

Comment

Good Monday morning all!
                [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]....yes, I am still riding Stetson, even though I probably shouldn't be. As a caregiver, I have been to several Memory cafe's, and it's such a wonderful resource for people with dementia and Alzheimer's.

Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy! I'm still full!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe peeps. Cowboy, thanks for yesterdays breakfast. Hope everyone has a great day today. I’m off and maybe headed to the beach when it warms up! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

"To have a crisis, and act upon it, is one thing. To dwell in perpetual crisis is another.""-- Barbara Grizzuti Harrison

I have a neighbor whom I've known and been kindof friends with for the past 20 years.. she was an amazing jazz saxophonist and played all over the U.S./Europe with her now ex. trombonist husband.. she has always suffered from depression and panic attacks and after her husband left her 10+ years ago, she collapsed. She still has/could have so much to offer.. if not on the stage, as a teacher (she's an amazing teacher) to young students. But she can't (still!) get past her broken relationship and all of the ways life has failed her. I am there to listen sometimes, but I find it soooo sad that no matter what, she is the victim. She talks about her life someday in the future when she manages to move back to the U.S... and I can only think, it won't be any different there! Our problems don't disappear when we change location, do they? I think most of here know that!:love:
                    Anyway, had to think of her with this quote.. I sure don't want to dwell in perpetual crisis!

AB and all of you with farmland.. what a different world that is. One I would have loved to have known.. Dill, it sounds like the perfect solution to have cattle on your land without the responsibility! And Jude, you already know how envious I am of Stetson!:happy2:

Here's to another 24 af hours.. xx

Comment

Rava.. Xpost.. Have a great time at the beach! Be safe! as I'm wondering how it's been with shark sitings in your neck of the woods? There was one near where I was in SoCA this summer.. and I've thus heard of quite a few off the Eastern coast.?

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

6C (43F) this morning and the forecast is for a week of sunshine!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Geez [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], it makes me tired just thinking about how busy you are! Hosting parties, going out, attending parties and the like! The older I get, the slower and quieter I like it lol.

It's hard to watch the pets age [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], Hank will be 10 this December and the breeder told us not to expect much more than that out of him. His back legs are giving out on him more often now because of the nerve damage the lipoma caused. Other than that, he seems happy and healthy so I'll take every day that I get to spend with him!

Enjoy your beach time [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I hope one day to dip my toes in the Atlantic Ocean. We've been in the Pacific Ocean a few times and would dearly love to see Eastern Canada!

I think riding Stetson as much as you can before your surgery is good medicine [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], just be careful, don't need to make your injury any worse!

We are in a similar situation [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the senior farm boss brings his 2 horses over every summer to pasture them in our yardsite. Sure helps keep the grass down and enjoy just having them around...

Another great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Sometimes I feel like I'm always just putting fires out, running from one crisis to the next. It's easy to get caught up in other peoples crisis's without making more of our own! When I was drinking, it seemed my life was one big crisis, sobriety has taught me not to turn small things into big things!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; August 26, 2019, 07:21 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote, LC.

Busy day around here. Off to take our granddaughter to get her wisdom teeth out. First day of school for the younger ones. Where did the summer go?!?

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Slow and quiet is how I like it too, Cowboy.

Good quote, LC, thank you. I can relate to your story about your neighbor/friend. She needs to move on but can't. I don't know how people live their lives like that. I'm grateful that I have the ability to let go what I need to let go. It's such a waste not to! Life is so short. The older I get the more I understand that and I ache for people that can't find peace/contentment in their lives. I still feel sadness for my ex DIL who is lost to addiction but I've done all I can possibly do so I try not to dwell.

Cowboy, I would love it if we could pasture horses! Our fencing isn't really good enough for horses anymore but it's adequate for cattle, so we'll go with what we've got!

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X