~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I definitely like it slow & quiet, and I love to sit. My mom was just going on again about how I & some sibs “turned out like your dad” (quiet). Well, then don’t marry an introverted guy if that’s not the kind of kids you want! I yam what I yam, and I just can’t be like her. I don’t have the gift of gab, and I have zero interest in fashion & stuff like that. I tried drinking to make me more extroverted, and look where that got me. Now I’m left with just being who I am and not fighting it anymore.

I love the quote, LC! It’s such an important skill to learn how to let go, and especially if one wants to be sober. I still hang onto things and stay in crisis mode, but not as much as I used to. And seeing it mirrored in other people like your friend really makes it look ridiculous.

Glad you can still get in your gentle rides on Stetson, Jude.
    Enjoy your day off, Rava!
    Are you decorating a new place, [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION]?
    That’s a total win-win with the cattle, Dill!

Asking for another 24 on a quiet, rainy day.
    Last edited by Slo; August 26, 2019, 12:22 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 182!

Cool, wet and more thunderstorms here today. Jessie and I mostly stayed dry on our walk and were only in the door a couple of minutes when the sky opened up.

Back to downsizing activities today plus a trip back to the store where we got our new phones to get some help in figuring out a few things. For example, I know that we walk 6kms in the morning but the app on my phone records less than 3kms. Same number of steps, around 7,900, but only half the distance. It’s likely something I’m not doing right but I’m sure the teenagers at the store will figure it out. Reminds me of an acronym I saw one time at a computer repair shop - PEBKAC. Problem exists between keyboard and chair.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

8.37 Am and another sunny mornin in north-east Scotaland.

Today I'm off to a Smart Recovery meeting and then into a late shift at work.

And I'll have another 24 please.

Thank you
        Last edited by tonyniceday; August 27, 2019, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. No beach day for me yesterday. Too cold and cloudy. Been lots of rough surf and we had an elderly man in knee deep water, got pushed in the by the rough surf and drug out to sea. Unfortunately he passed. Scary thinking how knee deep water is still dangerous when the ocean is angry. Thanks for the quote LC, being stuck in our issues/addictions is hard to get out of. Your life never changes if you stay stuck in that place. Change is scary but can be good as well. We are all proof that change is good! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

What a great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! We all know people that are still living in the past, unable or unwilling to overcome things that happened long ago. Such a waste!
            [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]......you sound just like me! No shopping, make-up, or sitting around trying to make small talk in a group of people. My Dad was very introverted and my Mom was always very popular with a dynamic personality. I think that she was always a little disappointed in me because I took after my Dad.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

What a horrible accident! That is a cautionary tale for all of us. And it also serves as a metaphor for us navigating the occasional choppy waters of sobriety!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Fairly warm morning at 10C (51F), hopefully a sunny day in store for us...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""Lighthouses don't go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining.""-- Anne Lamott

For us introverts.. our roles and our work are also important!!:love:
                  Here's to another 24 af hours..xx

Comment

70F, into our second day of rain here. It was needed.
                    No grass growing under my feet.
                    24 more please.

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

True quote, LC.

My sister found out she fractured her ankle last week when we went to the lake. She slipped off a log and twisted it. We all (including her) laughed so hard we cried. She was covered in mud and a little gimpy but not too bad. But now she'd in a boot and non weight bearing for 4 weeks! If it isn't healed at the end of 4 weeks, then it's surgery. Sure seems like ortho docs are anxious to do surgery these days. Back in the old days it seemed like you'd just wear the cast 4 weeks longer. Sure hope it heals so she doesn't have to have surgery!

Hope everyone has a great late summer day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Glad you got your dog walk in yesterday, QW! The sky opened up and drenched me on my bike ride yesterday.

Oh no, Ginger! What a bummer about your sister’s ankle. Seems easier to get hurt as we age.
                          Good idea to just stay away from that ocean yesterday, Rava.

Thanks for that, Jude. We sound very alike, and with eerily similar family dynamics.

That’s a beautiful quote from Anne Lamont, LC. Like, maybe it is ok to be quiet & steady!

You did it, Tony: with one day at a time, you got your whole first week in!

Going for 24 more hours AF please.
                          Last edited by Slo; August 27, 2019, 08:45 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Chilly here this morning, 4C, 39F when we walked. The sun is out and it’s supposed to be warm later on.

Today will be partly be spent making arrangements for our monthly Parkinson’s support group meetings which resume next week. Looking forward to seeing the group and hopefully some new faces.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Duplicate post... sorry....how do you delete a post?.
                              Last edited by tonyniceday; August 28, 2019, 04:08 AM.

Comment

10.06am in an overcast north-east Scotland (the Sun is trying to break through the clouds, though).

Lazy start for me today after a sleepless 1st half of the night, and then back in for a late shift later.

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] just realized I didn't answer you the other day...I moved into this flat in March but have been prevented from decorating until now by alcoholic apathy!!

I'll have another 24 please, thank you
                                Last edited by tonyniceday; August 28, 2019, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X