No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Chilly this morning at 4C (48F) but sunshine is hanging in there...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; August 29, 2019, 06:59 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:47 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], sorry about your knee. Didn't even know that was possible. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], those hurricanes are so scary! Hope it passes without too much damage.

Sprinkled rain last night. Sure could use some more! Things are dry as a bone around here.

Cabinets are in, electrician finishes up this weekend, granite guy comes to measure today, floors and doors next week. Dang! It's almost done. If all goes well, we can move to the RV spot end of next week. I'll miss being in my grandkid's backyard but we are only a mile away.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Oh, I hope the hurricane misses your new condo that you just put all that work into, Rava!

Your new place is looking good, Ginger!

I think I must over-bend my knee while doing my PT exercises to stretch out the back/nerve damage areas. Still trying to find the sweet spot of just enough exercise and at the right intensity. It’s doing better after backing off the last couple of days. I’ll try a small gentle bike ride today.

Hope the couple of jobs you’re working on are going well, Cowboy.

Asking for 24 hours more!
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off to see the grandkids and their nice parents in a bit. I’m making our granddaughters favourite meal - spaghetti - for supper. I haven’t seen the grandkids since I got back from Australia and I’ve been looking forward to giving them the stuff I brought back. Can’t wait for grandkids hugs, they’re the best!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

7.57 am in north-east Scotland, fierce grey skies and very windy, and I was planning on going seal spotting later....we'll see what happens.

Off to bed soon after my night-shift.

And I'll thank you for another 24, please
              Last edited by tonyniceday; August 30, 2019, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday. I’m not in Florida right now. But thanks for the concern. I hope my little condo fairs well. Yikes I have family living in FLorida too. Scary weekend ahead!! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ginger, your kitchen looks wonderful!!! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Happy Friday all! Today is the first day of my husband's retirement. He's a happy guy!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

68F with sun
                    Kitchen looks great Ginger!
                    What's hubby got planned, Jude? Good for him, and you too, I hope, lol!
                    Hope everyone has a good weekend plan, no ticket to boozeville. Me, I'm working, through next Wednesday.
                    All good.
                    24 more please

Comment

Your kitchen looks like it's going to be great, Ginger!
                      Hope you knee continues to improve, Slo.
                      We'll be watching the storm too, Rava.
                      We're going up to Westlake today, Mr. V. near your old stomping grounds! We're going to a family get together. My brother asked if there was anything in particular we wanted him to have on hand to drink....and he did not mean pepsi or coke, lol! I told him no altho maybe Mr. D would like a beer if there was one on hand. Of course there will be, and lots of it! But I'm going to be going for another 24 regardless!

Please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

6C (43F), cloudy skies, and rain in the forecast for today...of course...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quotes so far this week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], sorry I haven't commented on all of them...

Hopefully your new place won't see any damage [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Hold on, let me rephrase that hopefully none of the States see too much damage! I was reading on another forum about people holding "hurricane parties", really?? Guess even natural disasters are a good enough reason to drink!

Ya [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], does the hubs have anything in mind to stay busy during his retirement? Might be a good thing that he's home to help you with the recovery after your surgery! How close are you to retirement?

Kitchen looks amazing [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Been a long time since I've seen "wood" cabinets, most of the new houses I've worked in have all gone European style with colored cabinets...

Where you off to this weekend [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]? Hopefully not Florida!!

I presume you had a great time with the g-kids [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], how did the Parkinson's meeting go?

Off to the dollar store today [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? Enjoy your day off, tomorrow will come soon enough!

Have a great time at Westlakes and the get together [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Must Google that...

How's the knee feeling [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? Recovery from injuries is never easy especially as we get older. I worked my butt off to get both of those jobs finished, but now with the rain in the forecast, it looks like I didn't have to work quite as hard. Oh well, better to plan ahead and be prepared...
                          Last edited by abcowboy; August 30, 2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Cowboy, Westlake is a suburb on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. It's where I grew up. My brother and his wife bought the family home several years ago when Mom and Dad downsized and became snowbirds. It's wonderful to be able to "go home".
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24 Slo,hope your knee is better? QW,enjoy those kids Dill,have fun this weekend,Rava,hope your condo will be ok I didn't realize it was such a bad storm predicted until the news footage yesterday,waves to all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sad day around the compound today. My son and his family (Where we stay) had to put their 15 yr Boston Terrier down yesterday. We've all known it was coming. He's gone down hill so badly the last few months. Their first family dog so their first experience with making this decision. Rough time.

Hope everyone has a good AF Friday. Drive safe for all you traveling on this long weekend.

I'll take another 24, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X