• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sorry Ginger,that is a sad decision to make
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
      [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], had a great visit with the grandkids, they loved their gifts from Strayla.
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], best wishes to you and hubby on his retirement! As you’ve read in my previous posts, retirement is the best job ever. I was reminded though of a sign I once saw that read Retirement. Twice as much husband, half as much money.
      [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], as a pet owner, making the decision to put a beloved friend to sleep is the toughest thing you can do but it’s also one of the kindest things you can do for a friend. No one wants to see their pet suffer. I hope they remember the wonderful times they shared over 15 years as they heal.

Cool and cloudy when we walked this morning but sunshine and warm later.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.""--Yoda

Ginger, that is so very sad. I still have such wonderful memories of the dog I grew up with.. 15 years is a nice long time that they had with their pup.:hug:
        Jude, how exciting for your husband! Gosh I would love to retire some day.. does he have any immediate plans as to what he'd like to do with his time off?
        Rava, I, too, hope that hurricane misses your place.. I hope it doesn't cause too much damage in general..
        Here's to another 24 af hours.. wishing you all a nice weekend!

Comment

Happy Friday all! Today is the first day of my husband's retirement. He's a happy guy!

Thanks LC the week of great quotes. I especially liked today's...fear is often the catalyst that leads us down the wrong path.

Ginger, So sorry to hear about your son's pup, but it sounds as though he made the right decision, albeit a tough one.

Mr. J doesn't have any immediate plans for retirement, but will probably have a side job through the winter. Most likely plowing driveways and such. Cowboy.... I was planning on retiring this coming June when I turn 62, but we shall see. A lot depends on the surgery outcome.

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]......loved that sign about having twice the husband and half the money! Spot on !!

Waves to everyone!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Retirement to Mr. Jude! Glad he is a happy guy. Ginger, sorry about your sons dog. That decision is such a hard one..... Still watching this hurricane like a hawk. I will be glad when it’s over. We are only halfway thru the hurricane season so it’s never time to let your guard down. My daughter told me that there are long gas lines and hardly any water in the grocery stores. Should be an interesting weekend. Wishing everyone a great Labor Day weekend. Lots of cookouts and fun without the booze part! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

12.52 pm ....and a late check-in from a grey and damp north-east Scotland.

Late? Yeah,the insomniac finally fell asleep on the sofa!!

Bit of r&r this afternoon and hopefully another snooze then back in for last night shift of the week later.

And I'll thank you for another 24 please
              Last edited by tonyniceday; August 31, 2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

5C (40F) this morning. Foggy and more rain on the way for today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's the Labour Day long weekend in Canada as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but I guess when you're self-employed or retired long weekends aren't as special as when we had regular jobs lol.

We're headed over to Vegreville today to park the in-laws car in the garage. Just as we suspected, her vision has deteriorated enough that she no longer qualifies for a driver's license. We'll need to clean a few things out of the garage first so that both their car and Bubba's will fit in. Not sure where this new development will take us, time will tell.....
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6;07 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

68F and overcast
                      Got caught in a heavy rain storm yesterday on the bike, lots of lightening, but thankfully found a shelter to wait it out for 30 minutes.
                      Staying local this weekend, Cowboy, baseball mostly.
                      Wave to my cousins while you're up there, Dill. Most are in North Olmstead. Several work as firefighters/emts one police officer.
                      Always sad to put our fur babies down.
                      24 more here please

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words re: Grandpup. It helps a lot.

I feel ya, ABC. We got our Auntie all moved into assisted living yesterday. She is well past that stage and should probably be in a nursing home. We are going to wait awhile and discuss that option with her. Stressful day for all of us. No thoughts of numbing it with AL, though. No time for that!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, even though I am retired, Friday’s and long weekends are still special!

An unexpected bonus, our son called and asked if he and the grandkids could come for a visit and supper while our daughter in law hosts a bridal shower. Can’t say no to that! Our almost 5 year old granddaughter loves corn on the cob so I bought a dozen ears for supper. I think her record for eating corn is 6 ears!

I did the grocery shopping, vacuumed the house so we’re just about ready.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

Love the Yoda quote, wise he is.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in. Great to be back home! Closing in on another 24!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I’m up in the Northwoods again with sketchy cellular service; sitting outside the library in town now to get some WiFi. And get away from SIL with dementia who’s driving me nuts.
                              16 y/o daughter brought up a couple friends, so it’s fun to watch them have fun together, and a low-key AF weekend otherwise.
                              My knee is still hurting quite a bit. I hope it will heal up over a couple weeks if I baby it.

Dill, did you tell your brother if you wanted Coke or Pepsi anyways?! Hope the family gathering went well for you.

I too thought that your husband’s retirement is timely for your upcoming surgery, Jude. Now you have the 24 hour caregiver that you’ll need initially post-op. QW, “twice the husband but half the pay” -funny!

Rava, when do you retire?

Tony, when you say night shift; do you mean more like evening shift, or the real graveyard shift?

It is so hard to lose pets. I kept one dog alive probably one year too long (until 15 years old), due to the children not being accepting of the need to put a dog down. I think she suffered too much that year. Sorry you had to be so close to that situation, Ginger, since you’re living there now.

Well, at least it’s clear now that the MIL can no longer drive, Cowboy; so you don’t have to struggle to get her to stop driving anymore. On the other hand, now they’ll expect more help from you & Bubba, so it’s an annoying situation either way.

I love that quote, Lifechange! That’s one I need to keep in the front of my calendar. Yes, that Yoda is a wise one.

Asking for 24 more hours AF.
                              Last edited by Slo; August 31, 2019, 08:01 PM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

8.30 am in a wet and windy north-east Scotland.

2 days off now so a little snooze after the night shift then got to go grocery shopping...what an exciting life I lead.

And I'll thank you for another 24, please

Comment

Working...
                                X