~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"Be true to your convictions, and do not settle. You may take some detours and encounter some roadblocks along the way, but never give up on the pursuit of excellence—however you may define that for yourself.” ― Elaine Welteroth

I think that this weeks quote quotes will be related to self love and respect. I believe that learning to love yourself is crucial for success in conquering any addiction.

I just realized that hunting season will soon be here, so not sure how much care giving I'll get after my surgery! :hanging:

Mr. J and I went to the State Fair yesterday, mostly to watch the draft horse competition, and to look at other livestock events.I was overwhelmed with the amount of booze which was offered for sale. I couldn't walk 50 feet and there would be yet another vendor selling a variety of alcoholic beverages. Mr. J had a beer, and I was sorely tempted to join him. Thankfully, I was able to fast forward the scenario, and envision how I would feel the next day of I took that first sip! Very grateful to be alcohol free this morning!

Another 24 please and thank you!
    Last edited by Jude58; September 1, 2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Crazy thick fog this morning, hope it lifts so Bubba can get back home from Vegreville...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope everyone's hungry, I made enough for an army lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but sometimes remaining true to our convictions is so darn hard when other peoples feelings and wishes are involved...

Comment

66F and partly sunny
            Grabbing an egg sammich as head out the door on a bike ride.
            24 more please

Comment

6:15 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Too wet to meander this morning so we decided to make a big pot of coffee and attempt a Cowboy style brekkie.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

Jude, good for you not having that first beer!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Beautiful Sunday morning here. We had a lovely bbq with all the kids and gkids. So nice to get them all together in one place. No problem avoiding AL, thank goodness!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
                    – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quick fly by this morning....unfortunately working today. Guess that's why they call it Labor day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I tried a couple of times yesterday to check in but my browser couldn't find the site! It looks like I was the only one affected.

My trip home was really wonderful. I got to catch up with family I rarely get to see and we managed to have a lot of laughs too. I drank unsweet uce tea all afternoon while all around me was a sea of wine, beer, coolers and hard liquor. I made up my mind ahead and altho I did have some self doubts, I did it! The think that I found interesting was how the smell of the "second hand alcohol" was a real turn off! And watching several people drink too much was interesting. I was really glad to be AF!

Mr. V I drove right thru N. Olmsted on Clague Rd., passing my old grade school St. Bernadette along the way. We got up there early so we could go spend a little time at Huntinugton Beach, one of my favorite spots! It's still there but the beach is much diminished right now because the lake is up so much this year.

Thank you for yesterday's quote, Jude. I like the theme you are going with. It's one we all need, I think.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; September 2, 2019, 05:16 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post Jude! Thanks for another great quote. Sorry you have to work today, but do what you can to enjoy some moments along the way!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

13C (58F) this morning with the rain pouring down...again...still...but we're not in Dorian's path, so for that I'm grateful. Stay safe for all those in it's path...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Geez, sorry [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION], I forgot to answer your question from a few days back; you have to be a "subscriber" to be able to delete your posts...

Don't worry [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you weren't the only one not able to log in yesterday, the site was down for a good portion of yesterday. And you're right, the more we distance ourselves from alcohol, the less appeal it has for us...

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Labor Day to those who celebrate. Another 24 for me please and thanks. [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], retirement in December!

Comment

Working...
                                X