~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. I will take another 24 please and thanks! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Comment

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”
      – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think that we can all relate to this quote. Following our path to sobriety can be difficult and full of road blocks. Having Faith in one's self sure helps in dealing with the obstacles that present themselves during our journey.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Loved that quote Jude! It made me think about how important it is to be true to oneself. But it also made think if I am one who supports and encourages others. I think as I have gotten older I tend to be one who supports and encourages but I will try to keep this in mind going forward. I well remember friends encouraging me to drink even after I told them I wanted to quit. I let them influence me tho, against my better judgment.

Not today! 24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

12C (54F) this morning with a bit of a wind blowing, perfect harvest morning, and we started on the peas yesterday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

74F sunny and humid
            Maybe another bike ride, and work tonight.
            Always forging my own path, even if it was a destructive one, lol.
            Onward
            24 more please

Comment

Harvest has begun for you, Cowboy! Happily with dry weather!

Thanks for the reminder that your retirement is at the end of the year, Rava. I hope the hurricane fizzles out or at least is kinder to the east coast (and your condo!) than it was to the Bahamas. Such terrible destruction.

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION], it’s ok if the days are routine and not exciting in early sobriety. That’s how you need them to be in order to gain a foothold.

I need to think about getting the carpets cleaned as well, QW.

Today’s quote is so true. I let myself go off the sober path numerous times over five years before my final quit, in order to go back to “fitting in”.

Young daughter went off to school today for her junior year of high school! Oh, she looked so cute.
              Today I’m taking sis-in-law with dementia in to get her hair done.

Requesting another 24 hours AF!
              Last edited by Slo; September 4, 2019, 08:40 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote. Does bring to mind friends and family that wanted me to drink with them after my quit. Be true to yourself.

Have to get going but I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Jude. It reminded me of one of my favourites from my economic development days “Those who say something can’t be done should get out of the way of those actually doing it”.

The carpets look and smell great. This is the second time we’ve used this company, one reason, besides the fact they do good work, is that they call an hour ahead to let you know when they’ll arrive. Because of this I had time to take Jessie for a walk.

Glad harvest is underway Cowboy. It’s a perfect harvest day here today - sunny, warm and a nice breeze.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Loved the quote Jude. So true. Too many times I gave in to pressure to drink from myself and others. Time to end this merry go round. Once we take drinking off the table, it no longer becomes an option. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

“Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.”
                        – Dan Coppersmith

Fall is officially here....Cowboy is harvesting! :smiles:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It's a beautiful, crisp Fall morning but too cool for coffee on the porch here. But the day promises to be a glorious one!

Gratefully asking for 24 more so I can enjoy this day to the fullest.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Another warm morning, stars shining, but a bit of a sprinkle last night, so might not get in the field till after lunch...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Did some pretty ugly side hills yesterday, and there's lot of wild oats in this field. Should be done with the field later this afternoon if it dries up after our overnight shower... And sorry for the dirty windshield! Go with the iPhone X [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], the upgraded camera is worth it!

It's good to see everyone moving along fairly well here! Figured I'd better do something other than a check-in post for a change lol. Love your quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] about self-care, as we all know, if we don't take care of ourselves first, it's easy to slip back into old habits!

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X