No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

13C (56F) this morning, too dark to see what the sky will hold for us today but I can't see and stars...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Enjoy your day working cattle, but as [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, be careful. Do they have team penning competitions in your area? I never ever participated in any, but enjoyed watching them.

Hope your trip to California was a safe one [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! Enjoy your vacation!

Best git my butt in gear, I'm at home right now and have the 30 minute drive back out to the farm. It was great to spend part of the evening with Bubba and Hank! We shut down early last night as the next field is 8 miles away, and we don't like moving all the equipment on busy roads at night unless we absolutely have to.
      Last edited by abcowboy; September 7, 2019, 06:58 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great week of quotes, Jude. I missed the post where you mentioned changing Stetson's name to Homer. Have fun today but I'll chime in with a "be careful" too!

Glad you got some Bubba/Hank time last night, ABC!

Dill, your post about drinking with grands rang home to me. I always had at least 3-4 glasses of wine when they'd spend the night. Ugh

We have the floor guys prepping for vinyl planks today, electricians finishing up and plumbers testing for leaks. Busy Saturday!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A foggy, damp start to the day but the forecast is for sunshine later on.

Today will include organizing things for a trip to Ontario next week. I emailed a buddy of mine (my former chiropractor) to see if we could get together, turns out he has a free afternoon so we can have lunch and a visit. Looking forward to that!

Friends of ours in Nova Scotia are in the path of Dorian, will be thinking about them this weekend and hoping they stay safe.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That sounds like a great use for boxing, QW! -a fun way for people with Parkinson’s to work on upper body strength.

Harvesting sure can’t stop for weekends, Cowboy! But at least you got some time at home in after all.

Sadly, I can totally relate to the drinking/drunk with kids too. It can be easier to take all their chaos & noise that way! But I’ve gotten myself sober now, so none of that when the first grandchild arrives in January!

Great that you had good weather for your 60-mile bike ride event, Mr. V! And cool that your wife can join you too. I got out for my 30-minute bike ride today, and felt better for it.

Does your horse look more like a Homer than a Stetson, Jude?

Looking to add on another 24 hours AF today!
            Last edited by Slo; September 7, 2019, 06:19 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Sunday morning quote...

Comment

Thank you for the inspirational quote Ginger. Just yesterday I was using the third point while trying to encourage my former DIL's grandmother. A few weeks ago I was told she (DIL) had begun medication assisted treatment. But yesterday her grandmother told me that it she did not stick with it, The grandmother and mother are losing all hope. I think I can understand the depth of their pain.

My grandson came for an overnight visit and it has been a delight. He spends most of his time with his Pop Pop keeping busy with various chores. But we all spent a pleasant evening feeding the catfish and koi in the pond and doing some fishing as well. I love the light at this time of year. It seems golden.

I hope your friends in Nova Scotia are ok QW. Mr. D and I have been to Nova Scotia once. What a beautiful place! It's where I first discovered Tim Horton's coffee. I was thrilled a couple years later when they expanded into the US!

24 more please.
                Last edited by dill; September 8, 2019, 05:32 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote Ginger....good advice to start the day with!
                  [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION].....the name Homer came about not due to his appearance, but more for his personality. He's a 1200 lb goofball!

The cattle herding was a blast, but harder than it looks! Cowboy, there are team penning events around but that's way out my league! Going out on a long trail ride today, and really looking forward to it!

Hope that everyone has a great day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks!

9C (48F) this morning with a gentle rain falling...guess harvest will be delayed as there's more rain in the forecast...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

60F and partly sunny, going to get hot again this week. Temps in the low to mid 90's
                      Bike ride went well, 66 mile with 4000+feet of elevation gain. A bit sore today, lol. Here's a photo of the lovely town of Augusta, KY on the Ohio River. Hometown of George Clooney. George's dad, Nick, made us pickle juice! Used to replenish electrolytes, kinda like a sports drink, and yes, it works!

24 more please

Comment

I'll get breakfast on and then be back later since I'm not going to be busy today lol

Comment

Yummy brekkie, ABC. Mr V, lovely picture of the area you road in. Sixty-six miles! Now that's impressive! I wouldn't be walking today. Lol

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Beautiful biking location, Mr. Vervill. It sounds like biking up a mountain with that elevation increase! Ouch! But a good workout.

A surprise that your grandson instead of granddaughter came out this weekend, Dill! Wonderful that he can work side by side his grandpa and learn so much.

Stetson is too regal of a name for your horse then, Jude. I wanted to name our dog Quincy, but he was too much of a goofball for that name too, so Tucker it is!

Thanks for the breakfast burritos, Cowboy.

I tried to be real friendly & companionable in this marriage when we went to our daughter’s swim meet together yesterday, but he ended up firing off his temper at me yet again, silencing me & putting me down for no good reason yet again, and I’m tired of being treated like this for 33 years. I don’t have a voice, I’m not allowed opinions, and there’s no partnership. So another lonely day here of avoiding him in order to protect myself.
                            It’s not hard to avoid him anyways; he stays glued to the TV watching one sporting event & violent movie after another & another all day every day on weekends. No togetherness, no maintaining the house together, nothing like that.

But it will be another 24 hours AF please!
                            Last edited by Slo; September 8, 2019, 12:27 PM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We saw geese flying on our walk this morning, a sure sign of fall.

Dill, Tim Horton’s is an institution here but I find McDonalds coffee is better. Best coffee I’ve found though is a flat white, an Australian tradition. Best enjoyed in Oz!!

Mr V, Augusta, KY looks like a beautiful place! Thanks for posting the photo.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Got the camper sorted out, shut down everything I don't need for the next little while, and back home in Vermilion. There was already an inch of rain when I left the farm and lots more forecast in the coming few days so it's a good thing I have a couple of other jobs to do while waiting for harvest to resume...

66 mile bike ride [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]?? Never mind tired and sore, I'd need a hospital bed lol.

Tough situation [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], but sometimes you just have to be content (not always happy) with the way things are or you'll drive yourself crazy. For the time being Bubba and I are content with the way things are, who knows what can/might happen in the next month so there's no sense worrying about it. So many things in life have to be dealt with one day at a time, it doesn't make things easier, but it makes things manageable...

I envy your time with Homer [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! At least it makes me think back to all the years I had with our horses...

When's move-in day [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? I suppose you got to go out and spend a bunch more money on new furnishings lol.

Glad to hear about the condo [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! It sounds like our east coast is getting hit harder by Dorian than our neighbours to the south!

I'll bet the situation with the ex isn't easy for your son [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and even tougher on the kids... At least they know they are loved, and maybe one day be able to have a relationship with their mom.

Hardly any geese up here yet [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Goose hunting season opened on the 1st and this area is very popular with the American hunters. But with the lack of geese around, the guides are having a problem getting in any quality shoots for their clients. I imagine that will change in a week or so though.

Not much else to say, I could go on complaining about my life right now lol, but instead, I think I'll "accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what can be" Right [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? And thanks [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], perfect quote for me today!

Comment

Working...
                                X