~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Tuesday quote... sorry it's so small. Click on it and it hopefully will get bigger.
    Last edited by Ginger999; September 9, 2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Great quote yesterday [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Thanks for the pic of your house. I've been following your posts on FB, and am amazed at how quickly it's going up.

Sorry that you are walking on eggshells QW! Sometimes it's so hard to separate the person from the disease..... Kudos to you for being there!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Beautiful pic Ginger. Love the floor and the beautiful view! Will you live there permanently or is that a vacation spot? I don’t remember. Either way its a dream home! Happy belated birthday Pauly! Sorry about your spouse Slo, that has got to add so much stress to your plate! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. I’m headed after work to watch my grandson play soccer. He is 3, so this should be funny! I can use a laugh! Another 24 for me please and thank you.
        Last edited by Rava; September 10, 2019, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I'm grateful for today. Thanks for the quote Ginger. I clicked on it and it got large and was just perfect!

24 more please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

6C (42F) on a drizzly, cloudy morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I thought I might get my post in before Cowboys but looks like I missed.

Off to do the hurry up and wait at the airport.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Enjoy your trip back east [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it will be as fun and relaxing as you can make it!

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I think I might just take the day for what it will be and be grateful for what I have...

I'm not sure if the drinking thoughts will ever leave completely [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], but as you say, they can be a good reminder of what we left behind an where it would lead if we started again...
                Last edited by abcowboy; September 10, 2019, 07:03 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

66F and sunny, mid 90's today
                  grateful for another 24

Comment

Such a true quote! An awful lot of life can get missed while waiting for everything to be perfect. And there is quiet joy to be had in ordinary days -something we missed while chasing the high of a buzz.

Hoping everything goes smoothly for your journey and visits in Ontario, QW! Wise of you to realize it’s her impaired executive planning that is behind her unreasonable expectations, but it still leaves you walking on eggshells, and left “holding the bag”, trying to arrange everything.

Dill, I unrealistically thought your DIL might be more “out of the picture” by now, but I guess that wouldn’t be the case since she is the mother of your grandchildren; so you and the other grandparents would still be in touch trying to raise the grandchildren. It’s a sad, tough situation that so many grandparents are in now that heroin etc. is so prevalent.

“The Art of Racing in the Rain” was such a lovely movie about a dog’s love & devotion, and popcorn hit the spot as it so often does. I will enjoy having a companion to go to movies with now that this SIL is moved back!

Asking for 24 more hours AF.
                    Last edited by Slo; September 10, 2019, 01:09 PM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24 Rava how cute to watch a 3 year old play soccer! QW safe travels Ginger floor looks great! Slo,yea I can see how your tolerance for hubs' behavior is more noticeable now especially since you no longer drink,I'm amazed at the people I thought were ok when I drank then sobered up and realized how awful they really are, people I don't even want to be around anymore,have a great day everyone
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I loved "Art of Racing in the Rain", [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Take the tissue if anyone else goes! You'll need it!

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], this home is our main residence. We will still go south in the winters tho. We don't love the snow! We thought we'd be moving in Friday but looks like that won't happen. I'm practicing my patience! We have so much to be thankful for.

Kids are here so better get going. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I'm checking in for another 24 - thank you.

Ginger - I have also been watching your home being built. I have loved seeing it and the beautiful views. So happy for you.
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wednesday Quote...
                            Last edited by Ginger999; September 10, 2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I can so relate to that quote Ginger! I avoid toxic people like the plague!

67° and rainy on the back porch this morning. Sadly, my days of sitting out here are numbered. :dispirited:

Another sober day for me please and thank you!

Comment

Excellent quote Ginger! So much truth to that statement. Another 24 for me please and thanks. Very somber day today for many of us. 911 is a day carved in my memory. It is not a day to drink for me. No excuses whatsoever. I’m grateful for this group.

Comment

Working...
                                X