No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

8C (46F) and still raining...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; September 11, 2019, 06:47 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

76F already this morning, going to the mid 90's. Hottest day of the summer yesterday, more to come this week. Always right after the pool closes for the summer, lol.
      Avoiding most people here lately.
      24 more please

Comment

For many the first impulse is to try to help. But toxic people use that to draw you in. I've been pulled in many times. Lessons learned. Now I just keep a safe distance and pray for them.

Yes, another hot one today for us Mr. V! It's stifling! Grateful for AC today!

24 is my goal today.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Greetings from the eastern time zone. We left Calgary yesterday morning in cool, wet weather and in southern Ontario today it is to be hot & humid, temps in the 30’sC, high 80’s F and a humidex rating of over 40C. I don’t miss this weather!

One of the main reasons for this trip is to attend a memorial for Mrs QW’s brother in law who passed away in July at age 66 from Lewy Body Dementia. The memorial is tomorrow afternoon.

We’re travelling today so Mrs QW can see some of her friends from when we lived here almost 7 years ago and I’m meeting a buddy of mine for lunch. Looking forward to seeing the old stomping grounds but not driving on Hwy 401!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; September 11, 2019, 07:53 AM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Why do you think your days of sitting on the back porch are numbered, Jude? Because you’ll have to miss some days after surgery, and by then it will be Fall instead of Summer?

The A/C went back on today. Yes, Mr. V, the extreme heat comes back right when the pools close and school starts back!

Yeah [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], being AF is a big factor in my low tolerance for HB’s temper tantrums and shutting me down. Drinking helped me cope by giving me a way to escape & numb, and without that...I’m just fed up & angry.

My sister suggested going to a certain bar after having just gone to a restaurant last night. The restaurant was hard enough, watching the other patrons drink their bottles of the homemade wine, and the bocce ball players hauling around their pails of six beers each. A bar afterwards would have been too hard for me. They have good chicken wings at that bar, but we had just eaten and were stuffed. And I’d already had two AF beers at the restaurant, so then would just be drinking water. Not everything works for me anymore. Oh well. That’s why I was happy about the movie the previous night -I liked having an AF way to go out!

Another 24 more for me please.
                Last edited by Slo; September 11, 2019, 08:50 PM.
                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Thursday quote...

Comment

Good morning. Thanks for another good quote Ginger! Hope everyone has a great Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Mr. D and I are getting ready for a trip to the UK! We leave in a couple of weeks. :sohappy: I'm excited to go but also apprehensive. I'm pretty much a home body. I'm going to have to let go and just enjoy!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

4C (38C) this morning, brrrrrrr, but the sun is supposed to shine today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a great visit with my buddy yesterday and a nice lunch at a riverfront cafe. I was surprised he had a beer knowing that he's very health conscious but I stuck to coffee and water.

Going to be a tough day with the memorial this afternoon. A large turnout is expected.

We stayed overnight at a quaint country inn. I couldn't connect to their wifi and learned that their system isn't compatible with anything newer than Windows Vista!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; September 12, 2019, 07:17 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I think that today's quote just might be directly related to yesterday's quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Surround yourself with people who are good for you, make you happy and forget or at least just tolerate the rest!

I'd be excited as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Funny thing is, when I think or going somewhere, I always wonder if any of the MWO members live there and if I'd get the opportunity to meet up with any of them!

Well done [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] on staying away from people/places who might tempt you, that's what it's all about!

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]..I will still be able to sit on the porch after surgery, but soon the cooler temps will prohibit me from doing so. Enjoying it whole I can!

Another great quote Ginger!

Dill, I think that's wonderful about your trip to the U.K.! I too, am a homebody, but I would love a chance to visit other countries, especially Ireland. It's on my bucket list!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X