~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Have fun planning your trip, Dill! To me planning is as much fun as the going. I love researching new places. QW, thinking of you and the Mrs.

Well.... the house is on hold for a week. My son left for elk camp yesterday. Subs will finish up but final inspection will have to wait now until he's back. I hope he has a great time. That guy deserves a break!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Very cool quote, and one I’ve never heard before! So true.

I was able to go to Ireland when D3 studied abroad there, and it was breathtakingly beautiful! While there, especially in Dublin, I was thinking about MWO members and if they were near! (I was a lurker then.)

Going out to lunch with HB’s visiting aunt and SIL today. Then timing at daughter’s swim meet tonight.

Good luck with your emotional day today at the memorial service, QW. Your BIL knew a lot of people I guess! 66 years old still seems awfully young to me to be dying from dementia, but it does happen, I am seeing.

Requesting another 24 hours AF!
      Last edited by Slo; September 12, 2019, 08:11 AM.
      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Friday quote...... because I love it.
        Last edited by Ginger999; September 12, 2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday the 13th and full moon!!! No drinking for me today. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 200! Been a while since I was this far in a quit.

The memorial, the first of three in different locations in Ontario, was very well attended. My s-i-l did very well. She had planned a drop in and go event but folks stayed for the 2 hours the room was available. It was nice to meet several of John’s friends and family. It truly was a celebration of life and an event John would have loved.

The question was asked if al played a role in his getting dementia. We’ll never know but one more reason not to drink, eh?

Today will be a quiet one, then tomorrow we go to my sisters cottage for a few days before heading home on Tuesday.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; September 13, 2019, 06:19 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ginger, I love this quote! I’m a dog person and believe the companionship of a four legged friend is the best!! I also believe we don’t deserve what dogs give us and that we can learn lots about what’s really important in life from them.

We’re missing our Jessie and can’t wait to pick her up Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to a long walk with her!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; September 13, 2019, 07:31 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

9C (48F) with thunderstorms predicted for later in the afternoon...hope they miss us...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! If we could all have the same unconditional love that our 4 legged friends show us, the world would be a much better place!

Huge congrats on the 200 days [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; September 13, 2019, 07:11 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

73F hot and humid another mid 90's day
                      congrats on the 200 QW!
                      24 more here please

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
                        Friday quote...... because I love it.
                        I love when I get to be the chosen one haha6:04 am in Vegas another 24! Congratulations on 200 days QW!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep! Love dogs and their unconditional love. You're right, they could teach us all to be better people!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Asking for 24 more hours AF today. Fish Fry tonight with the visiting guest, so will be around drinking. Waiting for this full moon to be over, and calm & energy to be restored.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Big congrats on 200 QW!

Thanks for another good quote today Ginger. Dogs are amazing judges of character!

Late getting here today, but not too late to ask for 24 more.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 more please. Hubby and I are away for 2 nights.i remember lugging in tons of ice to keep all the beer and champagne cold. Thank goodness all I had to worry about today was water.
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X