No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hank is doing not too bad [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], he has a bit of trouble with his legs when he first gets up, but then so do I lol. The rest of his problems seemed to be all related to his thyroid and we've got that under control through medication.

Bubba is headed back over to Veg this afternoon and she's taking Hank with her as I expect we'll probably be back on the combine's tomorrow afternoon. The contractor figures on finishing up the deck on Tuesday so Bubba will be over there for a couple of nights.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

61F and sunny
      Quick check-in, Orf to work today.
      24 more please

Comment

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy!

Had a fun busy day with the g-sons. Man, that 8 year old can talk! He's in advanced classes at school and it's clear why when you're one on one with him. His dad calls him "The Professor". Lol

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:14 am in Vegas another 24 Ginger grandsons are fun but they are alot of work too and quickly remind me I'm not in my 20's anymore! Dill,I'm jealous of your trip to England,I've always been obsessed with everything British even as a kid,I hope you can post a few pics here QW,glad you're enjoying your time away,waves to all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“Remember that deciding is not doing, and wanting is not choosing. Transformation will take place not because of what you decide you want, but because of what you choose to do.” -Eric Greitens

We can’t just want the benefits of a booze-free life, we have to actually choose to not take a drink every single day, in every situation.

A group tour sounds like the perfect way to travel, Dill. Sorry, I didn’t realize that and so your itinerary is already set. And -duh -Ireland is not the UK, other than the northern part.

I love hot tubs, QW!

Interesting to hear about your precocious grandson, Ginger!

Glad you had some time with Bubba & Hank this weekend, Cowboy.

A big family cookout this late afternoon with HB’s family with his visiting aunt from California. They will all be drinking, but not me.
            Requesting another 24 hours AF, and hoping that they might feel easy & natural.
            Last edited by Slo; September 15, 2019, 08:24 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

That was a profound quote Slo. Thank you.

I am going to be on my trip during the week I am scheduled to do quotes which I think is the week of Sept. 9-Oct. 5. Is that correct Cowboy? I can trade someone if anyone is interested. But I must be absent for that week.

24 more for me please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and hope everyone has a great and AF day! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

67F and up to the 90's again today, unseasonably hot all week again.
                    Scorcher on the field at work yesterday.
                    Interesting quote, Slo, I reread that one several times.
                    24 more please

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

10C (50F) with a clear sky! Might get to be a combine jockey today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I have some quotes I could post while you’re away if that works.

Off to Algonquin Park early this morning. Hope to see some red maples but we might be a week early.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You're right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], that will be your QD week. Do you want to switch with me and do the week earlier? Or will you be busy getting ready for the trip!

Yes, I found the quote deep as well [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], but I enjoy the quotes that make me think... Wanting to do something, and actually doing something are quite different. But you'll have far greater success at accomplishing something if you want to do it rather than just having to do it!

Comment

X-post [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I think that's a great idea! Maybe I could add you into the schedule and you could have a regular spot?

Comment

That quote from yesterday was actually aimed at my daughter’s high school swim team, but I thought the message fit for us too. Although I too think “wanting it” (sobriety) is the bigger part of the equation, eventually we have to take the leap and act on it, consistently. Otherwise we’ll be forever on the hamster wheel...

Ok, how about this one:

“Choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong.” -(seen on the wall at Mission BBQ)

The right thing for me to do, now that my “off switch” is broken, is to go against societal drinking norms and sever ties with alcohol completely.

It was somewhat hard at the cookout last night to not be able to have the social lubricant drinks that they were all having, but staying away sure beats being controlled by that drug, and plotting how to get more; making my drinks extra stiff, sneaking to the basement fridge to gulp an extra, etc. I appreciate my freedom from it.

Jude, thinking of you this week as you wrap up work and prepare for surgery.

Do you have elk in your freezer now, Ginger?

Yuck to working outdoors in 90 degree F heat, Mr. V.

Asking for another 24 hours of freedom!
                              Last edited by Slo; September 16, 2019, 07:58 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:05 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X