~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. I think my younger son got a cow elk Saturday. They are up at camp until Saturday. I'm vegan so I always root for the critters. Shhhhh don't tell my boys! Lol

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I'll take another 24 please.

Ginger - I'm with you - rooting for the critters.

Hubby & I were gone for a couple of days. We sure walked past a lot of bars as we were strolling around. A few years ago, we would have been stopping in a couple and then going back to our room to drink some more. Not anymore.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

QW, I thank you so much for offering to step in! I'm sure you will have some wonderful quotes and that takes the pressure off me. I am hoping to be able to check in while away but I really don't know for sure how that will work out. I think it may be hit or miss.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy, I think I could handle a regular spot in providing quotes.

I have an early start tomorrow as we have to be at the airport by 7:30 to do the hurry up and wait.

I’m not 100% sure when to start so I’m going to provide one now for Tuesday morning if that’s OK.

From the 7 Rules of Life:

Make peace with your past so it doesn’t affect the present.

I think sometimes we spend too much time worrying about what happened yesterday, last week, last month, whenever. I think it can be self defeating if we dwell on the past.

Ginger, I think I’m the worlds worst hunter! I waved my arms and rifle one time at 2 deer to scare them away rather than shoot them, even though I had tags. Shot them with my camera instead!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Thanks thinking of me [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. Surgery is Friday morning and I'm getting a little anxious , and worried about everything. :concern:

Welcome aboard the quote train [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and thanks for helping out!

Another 24 for all of us please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

8C (46F) this morning, possibility of showers today. Hopefully it stays away until we finish the peas...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

65F, and sunny.
                  Still lacking motivation to clean house, and I thought it was the booze, lol.
                  Think I'll go on a bike ride instead.
                  24 more here please

Comment

Consider yourself included in regular QD [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! You week starts Sunday Sept. 29 to and including Saturday Oct 5. And thanks for your quote yesterday, practice always helps lol.

I think you'll do just fine through the surgery [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but I can see it being worrisome!

Elk is some of the tastiest wild meat going [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Good job on your son filling his tag!

X-post [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], I'd choose the bike ride too lol. But I did manage to do the garbage's, take out the recycles, and vacuum over the weekend!

You'll find all those events will get easier and easier [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; September 17, 2019, 07:05 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Had this little fellow follow me around all day yesterday. He was harvesting mice as I was harvesting peas lol.

Comment

The past can drag you down if you let it QW, that's certainly true. I wonder why we tend to focus on negative memories and regrets. We don't seem to give ourselves credit for the good things we have done.

You're a trooper Jude! You'll be fine. :hug:

Thanks for the pic [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I hope your guest got her/his fill of the little treats!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; September 17, 2019, 09:01 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Do you have a recliner easy chair set up to sleep in post surgery, Jude? That is much more comfortable to sleep in after rotator cuff repair surgery, rather than a bed.

I don’t like house cleaning either. Will have to mostly skip it today as spending the day with HB’s visiting aunt, then having them over for dinner tonight.

Last night my sister & I took our...stepfather (never called him that before!) & mom out for dinner for his birthday. Olive Garden has a nice AF drink menu! Had a melon & kiwi limonata drink in a nice glass with a lime twist.

Thanks for the quote, QW! I spent the first year AF perseverating on the past too much. Angry emotions that had been stuffed by drinking were coming up, I guess. I’m finally moving on from that!

I’m glad I never got into the habit, and HB never had the habit, of keeping a bottle or a cooler of alcohol in our hotel rooms when traveling. One less habit to have to disassociate from!

I guess your harvesting was making it easier for him to hunt for mice, Cowboy!

Requesting 24 hours AF for today.
                            Last edited by Slo; September 17, 2019, 07:55 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Yikes! Almost forgot to check in. Jude, hubby says his surgery was the best decision he ever made. It was a long recovery but worth it! That recliner idea is a must. He spent several days in his before he transitioned back to the bed. Sending healing energy your way for Friday.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I do have a recliner to sit in after surgery, but yesterday I noticed that the lever which raises the foot rest is located on the right side. My right arm will be in a sling for 6 weeks, and my left arm isn't long enough to reach the lever. Looks like I'll have to come up with some kind of gadget to raise the lever with. Thanks for all of the advice!

Your house looks amazing [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]... bet that you can't wait to move in!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X