~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good quote! Sometimes it's nice to just fit in but we all know fitting in when it comes to AL is non starter. That's the one area where I need to strive to never fit in!

The house passed inspection and we are set to move Sunday morning, if we can get in the storage unit at 7a. Thats the time my son's can be available to help. If not, we will enlist the help of movers. Whew! What a summer!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, that’s awesome that you’re you’re ready to move into your new house! Are you planning to post photos once you’re settled in?

Outdoor winterizing tasks are now complete so when it does snow, I’m ready. Covering the air conditioner, shutting off the water supply to the outside taps and storing the patio furniture is always sad.

I ended up buying a Hamilton Beach bread maker yesterday. Today I will attempt a loaf of whole wheat bread. I do love the smell of fresh baked bread in the house!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the left-handed wave, Jude!

I’m not surprised that your house passed inspection, Ginger! After all, your son isn’t going to cut corners on his own mother’s house! That gives you peace of mind that it is done right.

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], it sounds like hospice is re-instated for your mother? I’m happy to hear that so you have more flexibility to get out and run errands.

Bon voyage, Dill!

Requesting 24 hours AF.
        Last edited by Slo; September 26, 2019, 02:37 PM.
        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning. Yay Ginger, Sunday can’t get here soon enough! How exciting and what beautiful views you are going to see! QW winterizing is sad in many ways. It ends my favorite season for sure. How you doing Jude??? Hope you are healing well. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

So happy for you Ginger on the New house! You've been waiting a long time for this!

Can't believe that it's been a week since surgery....5 more to go wearing this sling!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

"You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are." - Joyce Meyer

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

0C (32F) with colder temps and snow on the way!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Last edited by abcowboy; September 27, 2019, 07:08 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The time will fly by [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], one week gone already! I hate to tell you this, but the rehab is going to hurt worse than the surgery lol.

Speaking of flying by, I think I saw [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] fly by yesterday on her way to the UK!

Move in day [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hurray!! At long last the day is here..

Winterizing done for you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], did you get the snow shovel tuned up? Sounds like you're going to need one more than me!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Speaking of snow..... there's flurries forecast this weekend! What the heck? I'm allergic to snow! Lol

Another good, true quote! I'm a little blue today. I'd gotten used to seeing my oldest son and grandson most everyday these past months. It hit me yesterday as they were packing up to leave, that time is over. I'm really going to miss that! I'm so blessed they were able to take on this project for us and I'm happy it all turned out so beautiful. Wish you could come see it!

Jude, one week down. Yay! When did you say therapy starts?

Busy next few days around here. Better hit it! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That is one powerful, true quote, Cowboy! It just lays it out on the table: these are the two choices!

I hope Dill is having decent weather over there in England.

How did your bread turn out in the new machine, QW?

I had way more time than that in the sling, Jude -which made my rehab harder; to get the arm & shoulder back up & running. Good that you can get it going sooner.

That is a gift, Ginger; to be able to work together closely & daily with family on a project. I’m glad you had that time together, but no wonder you’re blue.

Here’s to another 24!
                      Last edited by Slo; September 27, 2019, 08:06 AM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another24hours please & thank you.

Slo, the bread turned out awesome - very solid. I think I’ll mix some white flour in with the whole wheat flour next time just to see how it tastes. Mrs QW hasn’t exactly warmed up to the idea of having this machine in the house yet but I’m sure that’ll change, especially when I make raspberry jam for her.

Yeah Cowboy, got the snow shovels close by. Our next door neighbour has a snowblower that he’s “borrowing” from his Dad for the winter and he’s kindly offered to do our driveway for us.

Ginger, hope the move in goes smoothly!

Wishing everyone a great af Friday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Looks like I’m first on here this morning. Great quote yesterday Cowboy. It’s so true. Today I’m babysitting 2 grands. They are active and gonna wear me out for sure. Got my fitbit ready and charged. Curious to see how many steps I do today without dedicated exercise! Ginger, tomorrow is the day! Pretty exciting. QW, that bread sounds amazing! Every time I made bread it turned out so dense, you could use it as a weapon. Jude, hope all is well with you and you are recovering nicely! Hi Slo, Cowboy, Pauly, Dill, Mr V. and everyone else on here. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

"Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you." - George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Another 0C (32F) morning, looks like we're not going to get as much snow as they originally forecast for us...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I'm going through a bit of post surgical depression, and got into the wine the other night. Just feeling kinda fragile right now, and very vulnerable. Looking for the strength to make it through 24 hours of sobriety. Sorry about depressing post and hoping that things will get better soon.

Comment

Came over to Vegreville last night to stay with Bubba and Hank. We're off to Morinville this afternoon to attend the 44th Anniversary of AA being there. I'm not one much for AA, but my Uncle and a good friend of his actually started the AA group there 44 years ago and he will be one of the speakers. It'll be nice to spend some time with fellow non-drinkers, visit with some of the people I knew when I lived there, and the roast beef supper will be great I'm sure! I don't imagine I'll be saying "no thanks, I don't drink" lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X