No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-post [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it's a tough situation you find yourself in, but remember, tough times don't last but tough people do. You can always FB message me if you get to feeling fragile... And that goes for everyone here, I'm always available to talk to between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm CST as that's when my cell phone is turned on...
    Last edited by abcowboy; September 28, 2019, 07:15 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks cowboy....

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24 Jude,hope the depression lifts soon,I think that it's pretty common after surgery,waves to the gang and have a Fab AF day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That one is known to be a painful surgery, Jude. (And it was!) And the recovery period is rather lengthy. But it yields good results!
          Can you have your husband get all the alcohol out of the house to help you during this post-surgical time when you’re not driving?
          Remember that you’re still embroiled in the healthcare system, where they ask you continually how much you drink per week, and use that for motivation. Remember (for motivation) that you don’t want to be showing up for physical therapy drunk or hungover.

Going to go see some young nephews play soccer today; haven’t seen the kids in awhile.
          Good luck with the toddlers (?) today, Rava!
          Requesting 24 hours AF.
          Last edited by Slo; September 28, 2019, 08:03 AM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Morning All! Jude, sorry about the post surgery blues. I think that's pretty common though. Ask yourself, did the wine help with the depression? Today is a new day. Maybe hubby could take you for a drive some place beautiful. That might lift your spirits. Getting out and away always makes me feel better. And I second what ABC said about private messaging. I'm here too.

More cleaning today so we have all the construction dust under control before move in. Yay!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, glad to see you’re right back with your friends in the Cafe. I’m betting the wine didn’t help, it’s just one more way the beast takes advantage of us, convincing us that al will help.

There’s nothing as satisfying as being worn out by grandkids! It’s the best kind of tired and eventually you get to give them back to their parents!!

Snow is on the way. South of Calgary is expecting a lot of snow in the next few days and already there are reports of vehicles in ditches. Drive to the road conditions people, not what the speed limit sign says!

Sad story in the news this week of three teenagers who overdosed on opioids at a party last week, one of them has died and the other 2 remain in hospital in critical condition. This isn’t always newsworthy in big cities but it is in small towns and shows substance abuse is everywhere.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday, af of course.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

When I first offered to provide quotes for a week, I should have waited for Cowboy to give me the dates! I posted one right away and I’m going to post it again because I think it’s worth repeating. And I’m going to post the second one in the series as well.

“Make peace with your past so it won’t disturb your present”.

“What other people think of you is none of your business”.

As alcoholics, how much time did we spend worrying about how others saw us? I know I worried that others might think of me as a drunk. The only way we can influence how we are seen is by changing our behaviour and in time we will be seen differently. But still, what others think of us is their business, not ours!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Well Ginger, today is your move in day. How exciting. Jude, I so appreciate your brutal honesty. The fact that you came right here and told us of your getting into the wine, shows such courage. You got this and remember we are all on this journey together, good and bad. Stay with us and remember today is a new day for a fresh start. Post surgery depression is quite normal. Hope you can find ways to keep your spirits up like a drive or something to get out of your house and see some sites! We are all pulling for you. The grand kids have been fun but pushed me to my limits last night when they were both screaming in stereo for their parents. I realized at that point that I could never be a full time babysitter to them. UGH. I am getting ready to get them up now and hopefully this day will be a good one. Their parents are coming today after their naps. :yay: I used to be so quick and organized when I had 3 kids under the age of 4. Now I can barely keep up in my 60’s. I will take another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-2C (30F), a bit of frost on the pumpkin, but no snow or rain!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for all of your support and ideas to help fend off the depression. Feeling a little better today, and I know for a fact that alcohol really increases episodes of major depression. I was also taking opioids for the pain, when combined with booze, really threw me for a loop. Never want to go back to that very dark place again. [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].... so sad about those young girls. Such a waste. In many ways I'm glad that the pain killers made me feel lousy, as it caused me to stop taking them, and at this point, I m just using Tylenol. Thankful that I never got a buzz from using opioids, as many do....dealing with one addiction is enough for me to handle.

Mostly I don't comment much on every post, but I love hearing about the grandkids, the New houses, and the bread machine!

Another 24 please and hugs to you all!:huggers:

Comment

I asked Chef Google to whip up an English breakfast so that we might enjoy what Dill's having!

Comment

Hang in there, Rava! I sometimes hear of women having late in life babies and cringe at the thought! I love my gkids to death but am usually quite ready for their departure!

Two great quotes, QW. Thanks!

Yes! Today is the day. Sadly, it's raining so will make this a wee bit interesting. We managed to get all the boxes to the house yesterday with my sister's help. The kitchen, bathrooms and our bedroom are all complete. Today it's the large pieces. Lots of dusting after 2 years in storage!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                          Last edited by Ginger999; September 29, 2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Good to see you back on track and in the right frame of mind [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

Oh boy [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I get a sore back just thinking about moving lol. It's going to be something I have to face somewhere down the road...

The celebration yesterday was good, and it also reminded me of why I didn't get much out of AA, but then again, I don't think I'd given it much of a chance because when I was attending regularly I know I wasn't ready to quit drinking, I was just attending the meetings to make Bubba happy. But I did enjoy listening to everyone who got up and took a turn at sharing their story. It reminded me that even though we are all different, alcohol affected us all pretty much in the same way...

Interesting quotes [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and they reminded me of the stories I heard yesterday as well. Maybe I'm a bit different than most because I really didn't care much what other people thought of me when I was drinking. I was happy being a drunk and figured I was hiding that fact pretty good! Turns out it took getting sober to realize how wrong I was. I darn sure worried about what people would think of me when I quit though! I'd have to admit that I was an alcoholic, that I didn't have a good handle on my life. But what people thought of me then and now is none of my business, all I care about is what Bubba and the kids think of me...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; September 29, 2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, thanks for brekkie and your comment “Turns out it took getting sober to realize how wrong I was”. That really hit home with me.

Glad the move in is going well Ginger. We’ve done a lot of moving over the years - 17 houses in 46 years and we have at least 1 more ahead of us. Our priorities on moving day were like yours - having a place to sleep and a place to eat were the first things looked after.

Looks like the shovel is going to get a workout today. We have about 3” of snow and it’s falling steadily. 4 months, 12 days until Mexico, not that I’m counting or anything.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; September 29, 2019, 10:12 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X