~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], what is revision surgery? I thought you already had knee replacement. Just curious and oh so happy for you that there's a solution to your pain problem!

Comment

I try and live my life in bite-size chunks.
      Craig Ferguson

I took this as sound advice! We do that here in the Café every single day: 24 hours at a time!

Another 24 please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; October 19, 2019, 05:06 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! especially liked the Craig Ferguson ones!

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement as far as my quitting the smokes....I feel so much better now!

I'm sorry about your sister [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! I don't know what to say, other than when it comes down to it, she has to truly want to get sober. No one else can make that decision for her. My sister had knee surgery awhile ago and said that it's the best thing that she ever did!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I just finally had time to read yesterday's posts. I had a busy day yesterday and computer time got squeezed out. It sounds like many of us are dealing with life's lemons. QW I really feel for you. I know that if I were in your wife's shoes I'd probably be angry and resentful that I had the bad fortune of getting Parkinson's and I'm pretty sure I'd be struggling not to lash out. Patience is a virtue and you seem to have it in spades.

Slo, it's good to hear that there is a solution to your knee situation. My hb is starting to suffer more knee pain and I encouraged him to get evaluated. We have a friend who put it off and finally it got so bad that he wanted to do something about it but he was no longer able to because another disease process had weakened his health to the point where he could not tolerate a surgery. He could have dealt with those knees long before that happened!

Cowboy, I hope things have eased up with Bubba and that she has accepted your choice. I don't envy you your dilemma but I think you are doing what's best for you and that is important. And all the while you are doing a yeoman's job at helping Bubba and her parents. I can understand her disappointment tho.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] I took a break from the knitting over the summer. Other activities such as gardening and outdoor fun pushed it aside. But soon I will get back to it. I'm going to start small with some cotton dishcloths. I don't have a big project in mind. What is your most recent project if you don't mind my asking? Also, I want to thank you for the suggestion of buying expensive olive oils as gifts instead of wine! That's a great idea and it had never occurred to me!

Crosspost [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I love Craig Ferguson too. I wonder if he still performs anywhere.
          Last edited by dill; October 19, 2019, 08:48 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], here are my latest obsessions. They are really fun because you never know for sure what will come next. Thankfully you don’t have to use the very $$$ yarn she recommends!The Shift Cowl — Drea Renee Knits
              Nightshift — Drea Renee Knits

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

A chilly -3C (27F) this morning, frost on the pumpkins for sure!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It amazes me that many of us are dealing with life challenges that would make most people turn to alcohol yet here we are, in the Cafe, not drinking. Well done to all of us.

We’ve spoken about how much attitude determines what happens to us. My Dad was legally blind from macular degeneration (he volunteered to undergo experimental treatments which required regular injections in his eyes) and was full of cancer before he died. When asked about his ailments, his standard reply was “It’s not the worst thing that can happen”. In spite of being a smoker for almost 60 years and a heavy drinker for too many years, he lived to 87. I bet his positive outlook helped him live that long.

Jessie and I have been getting in lots of long walks this week thanks to mild, dry weather. Heading out the door in a few minutes for another.

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; October 19, 2019, 08:43 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Today’s certainly hits home for me. It’s all about tackling life in ways that are easy to manage.

I’ve done a bit of thinking over the past few days and I think I’ve been a bit hard on Bubba. I left home right out of high school and never had to take care of things for my parent’s like what Bubba is going through now. My brothers were there to handle the day to day things that came up without me even knowing about them. So it’s not fair of me to pass judgement on something I don’t know a lot about. She feels responsible for them now, and that’s something I can accept. It doesn’t change our current situation, but it makes me appreciate what Bubba is going through now. We’ll carry on looking after two residences till the economy or situation improves.

Hopefully this surgery will help with the knee pain [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], what does it all entail as far as the surgical procedure and recovery after?

Great to see you stop by [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]! It’s always nice to have someone join us in the Cafe!

We didn’t get combining yesterday, the wheat was okay, but the field was too wet to bring the grain trucks in without getting them stuck. We’ll be going today even if the trucks have to sit on the road to get filled! We’re starting to get pushed for time in order to finish before winter arrives.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, I did have my knee replaced almost two years ago. The knee is too loose with loose ligaments, so he plans on re-opening the incision and replacing the plastic liners with thicker ones. The recovery will be I think 2-3 weeks. But if that isn’t enough of a fix then he will decide to replace the whole thing, even the metal parts, and I’ll be back to square one, with a long recovery. I can’t get in until Dec. 19th. Pain gel or pain pills until then. Bummer to be in the minority of people whose knee replacement didn’t work out. I sure hope it’s fixable.

Dinner at the neighbors’ was really nice! The guy host was pretty drunk and was trying to make it more about getting raucous, but the other neighbor who came with her 9y/o daughter would have none of that; she would only sip a bit at her wine, have quiet conversation, and keep her daughter included. So it ended up being a nice time where the 9y/o & our 16 y/o daughter played Foosball and we all took turns playing pool and Foosball, visiting, and having dinner and later dessert. Much better for me than having it be centered around drinking.

Asking for another daily bite-size chunk of sobriety!
                          Last edited by Slo; October 20, 2019, 04:36 AM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Happy Sunday! Hope everyone has a great and sober day. . We have all faced a lot of challenges and we keep on coming back and plugging away. I certainly realize how much better my life is without the pull of alcohol on my mind and body!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

A beautiful harvest morning, 1C (34F) with a nice breeze blowing!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Something light and colorful for breakfast this morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X