• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:09 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I slept in this morning until 8:00! Unusual for me, but it felt really good!

Thanks for breakfast cowboy...delicious!
      [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...I hope that your upcoming surgery will be successful, and allow you a shorter recovery time.
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...Thanks for this morning's quote, and very true!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], sending you loads of healing energy for this repair and more to you too, Jude!

We have lots of visiting and commitments this week then heading out at the next good weather opportunity. I'm ready for the AZ weather!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool but clear morning here, should be nice for a walk with my 4 legged buddy in a bit.

Today will include packing for a few days at Radium Hot Springs. My aching back is looking forward to soaking in the hot springs!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That breakfast was really yummy Cowboy and a nice change of pace. Nice.

Good quote this morning Rava. It's nice that something good comes out of life's challenges...
            [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] I am very impressed with your two projects! They are beautiful, but I believe they are above my skill level!

24 hours please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Love the quote today; thanks for the reminder.

Such lovely crepes for breakfast!
              Glad you finally have a good day for harvesting, Cowboy.

It’s peak leaf color weekend here, and will warm up enough for a bike ride today!

Those hot springs sound perfect and healing for your back, QW. Should be a benefit for Mrs. QW too?

The sling comes off this week, Jude?!

Thank you for your support, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], and for sharing your projects. I agree that it seems we need to find something else to soothe us in sobriety; something to put us in flow, like a repetitive craft, or something to release stress & raise endorphins, like exercise. Or both!

Asking for 24 more hours AF!
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]... I have a Dr.'s appointment next week, and if everything looks good, I can ditch the sling! Fingers crossed!

Another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a safe and sober Monday! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-7C (20F) this morning! Obviously the waterline that feeds the camper froze lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

59F with rain moving in. Need the rain, slight drought conditions here.
                      Day off after a weekend of work.
                      Off to Boston and New England Tuesday, should have some nice color up there!
                      Mrs V was out of town this weekend on biz, and was I home alone. The pull of AL was strong, even after 2 1/2 years, weird. I knew a few drinks would not be a good idea, even though my lizard brain kept saying go on, who would know. Glad to have been busy with work, because I sure didn't want to face that hungover, ugh.
                      So about the troubles some of you are facing, and happy that you are staying strong in you quits, despite the crap.
                      Now off on a bike ride to clear the head. It's like meditation at this point.
                      24 more please

Comment

Good quote, Rava. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well done to you Mr V! Glad you had the brains and muscles to battle the beast!

Thanks for another good one, Rava! Simple truth.

So true 24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I’m glad you made it through, Mr. V. Thankfully you were busy at work. Bike riding helps me so much! I was able to get out on my bike the last three days here as the weather warmed up nicely.

Cowboy is not so lucky with the weather!

Good luck, Ginger, as you tie up all the loose ends this week and get ready to leave for AZ.

Thanks for the reminder to look forward, Rava, and not backwards at our downward spirals into addiction.

Requesting 24 hours AF!
                              Last edited by Slo; October 21, 2019, 08:29 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, good for you not to cave. After 2 1/2 years of sobriety, just shows how powerful the beast is and how important that we be watchful all the time.

Great quote Rava. Reminded me of another one I heard years ago - The older I get, the greater I was! Looking forward is so important because we can’t change the past but we can sure change the future!

Off to the mountains this morning, looking forward to the scenery and wildlife. Jessie gets to stay with her kind at the Howliday Inn. She’s happy to go and happy to come home.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; October 21, 2019, 08:47 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X