~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:44 am in Vegas another 24 AV was trying to "talk"to me yesterday! Seems like everytime I'm sick(which I have been) or in pain(back spasms) that voice gets loud wonder why that's such a trigger? Either way it needs to shut the heck up!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re enjoying the beautiful scenery here. Off in a bit to see more of Radium by car and on foot.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Wednesday!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's a distressing forecast for your farmers Cowboy, to be sure! Keep warm.

Rava, thanks for another good quote. We have to do what it takes no matter what!

Pauly, I'm sorry you haven't been well. Good for you shouting down that beast!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. This quote is seems true for many occasions in life. Continued drinking/drugging against our better judgment is a bad decision for sure. Sadly, I have made that decision over and over throughout my life until I finally came to my senses. Hope everyone has a great day. Ginger, safe travels today!! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]..your not the only one here that has made bad decisions over and over! Loved the quote!
            [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...good job ignoring that nasty voice. It was screaming at me after my surgery when I was depressed and in a lot of pain. We always seem to think that alcohol will bring out the sun, when in fact it brings on torrential rain!

Sorry that the weather has put a damper on the harvest cowboy. Farmers sure have a tough time getting the crops in when Mother nature doesn't cooperate.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Took a drive from Boston to Newport, RI to see how the 1% live. 65F and sunny here yesterday, just gorgeous, and all the leaves are at peak, wow.
              Sorry about the weather for some of you.
              Plenty of bad decision made here over the years, that's for sure!
              24 more please

Comment

The leaves are at their peak and what a show! It's a treat to drive anywhere right now because in a way, we're all the 1%ers when Mother Nature puts on such a show.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

0C (32F) but cloudy and damp...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! I know what you mean by certain triggers getting the AV talking again! I've had my share of it's annoying voice this past year, but, it only tells lies which we all know.

Have a safe trip to Arizona [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], how many days will it take you to get there with the touring you do along the way?

Great quote this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Has anyone stopped to think how many decisions we make in just one day?? It seems to me that we are constantly making decisions throughout the day. Obviously most of them aren't life changing decisions, and the ones that are need a lot more thought put into them. So let's all go out there and try to make the right decisions, instead of just repeating our mistakes!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Heading out... I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Lies is right Cowboy! When that AV perks up it tries to tell me"well you feel like crap anyway why not drink so you can feel better for a little bit" we know that's not what will really happen 5:46 am in Vegas another 24
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well that was a long day of getting everything cooked & prepped, packed & over to the pool for the swim team dinner that I hosted last night...plus all the calculating to try to get the amounts of food right to feed 30-40 hungry swimmers. But it all worked out! And the girls were very appreciative.

Ginger, good thing your family dinner wasn’t planned for last night, since your departure got bumped up! You had a long day of planning & prepping (and packing!) too.
                          [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], about worrying: I’m currently reading & following a book called “100 Days of Actions & Intentions to Create the Life You Wish For” by Susan Balogh, that has many ideas in it to help with over-worrying.

Pauly, I can see why your AV is acting up when you are in pain, since alcohol numbs pain. I have been hitting up sugar too much lately to deal with pain & stress. I’m back on daily prescription pain meds for my knee, so can get around and stay on my feet again. Would Tylenol or Motrin short term help with your back spasms?

That’s such a shame that the harvest can’t get harvested, Cowboy. Definitely time to winterize and get out of the trailer.

Did you get into the hot springs, QW?!

The maple trees are brilliantly colorful here; so pretty.

I need another 24 hours, please.
                          Last edited by Slo; October 24, 2019, 10:39 PM.
                          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, safe travels!

We had lunch at a neighbourhood pub yesterday, a fabulous meal and no alcohol for either of us. Had coffee at a local bakery while admiring the scenery. Nice way to spend part of the day. Sadly, not enough exercise so Jessie and I will have to get busy starting on Saturday.

Off for a tour of Panorama and more looking around Invermere. Did I mention that in winter on Invermere Lake they groom a skating oval 37kms long?

Sadly the hot springs is closed for annual building maintenance so the hot tub is our other option. Darn it!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; October 24, 2019, 08:51 AM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Morning. Staying on the right path is a struggle. Our AV crops up at the most vulnerable times in our lives. When we think things are going well, BAM here come the thoughts. Staying the course is what we know is best. I have stopped and started so many times, that I am hoping that this is the last. It’s worth the struggle. Hope everyone has a great Friday! Ginger, safe travels. The beautiful foliage reminds me of the cereal called Fruity Pebbles. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Your quote this morning was an interesting one Rava. It reminded me of the line in a Cold Play song that I like: "Nobody said it was easy; no one ever said it would be so hard." (The Scientist) I find generally that doing the right thing is the harder or takes more effort but it usually has the better pay off in the long run. And with practice things that are hard at first get easier as time goes on. I know I'm preaching to the choir here! Just thinking.

Our friend that runs his cattle here stopped by with a check and to say goodbye for the winter. He and his wife leave this week for AZ. I was jealous, I must say. But it's another winter in Ohio for me... If I didn't feel so strongly that my grandchildren need Mr. D and I then I would like to become a snowbird. But right now I am sure we are needed here.

About worrying: I used to be a worrier but I have worked hard to let it go. I have learned to give my worries to God in prayer. I am not the boss of the world (thankfully) and can only do what I can do. I examine a situation and try to evaluate if I have done what I could. If I have then I let it go. That's one thing I do. The other is to keep a distraction going like an audio book or a movie. If I wake in the middle of the night with a worry on my mind I will often put on an audiobook or podcast to take my mind off it. It works like a charm for me.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; October 25, 2019, 09:27 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X