~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another beautiful day in fruity pebbles 1% land!
    30 mile bike ride on a trail from Bristol, RI, up to Providence and back, part along the coast, absolutely beautiful.
    Truth about the AV liar. That's for sure.
    No worries for another 24 please!

Comment

Happy Friday all!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

5C (42F) this morning, last day of warn temps for a while...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okay [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], curiosity has got the best of me lol. Why the reference to 1%, even Google didn't have an answer for me haha.

I've got the same attitude about worry as you do [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], if there's nothing I can do to change the situation, I "let go and let God". It's actually very comforting to know that I don't have to deal with everything that life throws at me! I used to try to deal with it by getting drunk, but just turning it over is so much easier and comforting...

Sobriety definitely isn't easy [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and never mind hope, you know this is your final quit!

30 - 40 girls!! Did you used to be a caterer [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]?? If you didn't, you should be!
          Last edited by abcowboy; October 25, 2019, 07:17 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Travel was uneventful. Beautiful weather for it. [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], we don't fly south. We tow a 32ft 5th wheel. Our route takes us straight through the Great Basin in Nevada. The elevation is over 6,000 ft. That's why we left early. Towing in snow is dicey!

Thanks, Rava and Dill for the worry suggestions. I'll get the book and practice my "let go and let God". I do that and the next thing I know, I'm back to fretting. Ugh!

Back on the road! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Cowboy, Mr. Vervill is on vacation in Rhode Island where there’s a lot of massive mansions (think Vanderbilt, Rockefeller...).
              Mr. V, your bike ride there along the coast and with the Fall scenery sounded like such a delight!

I didn’t have the words to describe how beautiful my drive was yesterday through a canopy of tall yellow trees, but now I do: yes, the trees were as bright as the artificial yellow in Fruity Pebbles!

I was out driving to finish getting the 35+ kid gifts and teen gift cards for the company picnic on Saturday for HB’s family construction business. I have been crafting a giant gum ball machine out of stiff cardboard this week that will fit in a doorway and the prizes will go down a toddler slide for the chute, and...I think it’s going to work! Today is set-up day for the picnic.

I felt like a caterer, Cowboy! I guess the swim team dinner was just practice for daughter’s baby shower next weekend, when 40-50 people are coming to my house! But, I’ll have help from others for providing food for that.

I really need another 24 hours AF. Thank you!
              Last edited by Slo; October 25, 2019, 09:34 AM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24 that's alot of people Slo! Amazing you pulled it off successfully,great job
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!! You really ARE a rockstar. I could never pull that off.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re safely home after a wonderful getaway to the Rockies. Quite the difference in climate - cool, late fall/early winter weather and back home it’s +20C, around 70F thanks to a Chinook.

We ate at an Austrian restaurant last night and enjoyed a fabulous meal. In days gone by, I would have ordered a bottle of wine and had it all myself! I was super glad I wasn’t hung over this morning as 3 deer jumped onto the road right in front of us. I don’t think my reactions would have been as good had I been nursing a hangover.

Jessie seems glad to be home, just like us.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, I hear you about snowbirds. Sounds like Ginger and I will be your testers for this new lifestyle. Leaving the grands will be hard but thank goodness for FaceTime. My kids were upset at first but the fact that we are not moving away permanently helps. We will be leaving after the holidays for 4 months. It will be a new and challenging experience. Another reason to be sober and accountable. I do not want to spend my retirement in a drunken stupor. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Your quote is spot on this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Eventually the pain that often accompanies change diminishes, and is replaced by the joy of a newfound freedom.

My hats off to you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] for hosting that many people at your house. I'd be an absolute wreck!

Mr. V...my sister and her husband had their wedding reception in New Port RI many years ago. Talk about seeing how the other half lives! Not the life for me!

I'll take another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-4C (24F) this morning, wet out there but not white!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hitting the road. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:02 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Such a true quote, Rava! We have to go through the discomfort to get to the other side.

I wonder if you could rent a condo in Florida and get away for maybe a month in the Winter, Dill? But you have the dog/pets to consider too. You are right in that your grandchildren need you, and you & Mr. D are such a blessing to them. My mom has to play a major role in taking care of & raising three of her grandchildren now too, since my SIL died of breast cancer and they don’t have a mother.

The Company Picnic is today, which has been a source of stress and a stumbling block to my sobriety in the past. I mean it’s hard to be around that much alcohol -the kegs of beer, boxes of wine, and every bottle of hard liquor imaginable -yet have to socialize stone cold sober. But I have done it a couple of times now, and I can do it again. No more pretending I’m sober, then running to my car to guzzle Guinness!

Wish me luck though! I really need the strength for 24 more hours sober today please!
                                Last edited by Slo; October 26, 2019, 08:13 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X