~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Slo you sound like a powerhouse! Your hb is lucky to have such a treasure as you.

I have not given up on the idea of being a snowbird in the future Rava. So I will love hearing about your adventures and to continue hearing about [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]'s too. Lead on! Thank you for today's quote. It's so true. It's sad that pain has to be the impetus for so many of us to get a clue and stop our self-destructive behavior.

We're heading so fast into the Christmas season! I just bought my first two gifts of the Christmas season. Can you believe it? It's not even Halloween and the stores are already starting to push Christmas! I think it's strange.

24 more hours of clarity please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, you got this! It’s a perfect opportunity to people watch, and many of those over-indulging will be your entertainment!! And think how much better than them you will feel tomorrow morning.

We had really high winds yesterday afternoon and evening and temperatures plunged from unseasonably warm to almost winter like windchills. As us Albertans often say, If you don’t like the weather, wait15 minutes and it’ll change.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hello all. Great to read what is going on with you all.
        Nothing new here. Same old, same old. But, that's a good thing since there is no alcohol involved.
        Another 24 please. Thank you.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sunday quote...

Comment

Thanks for this morning's quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! I often find myself worrying over things that might happen. It can definitely ruin the moment.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning and Great quote Ginger. Worrying is useless and creates more stress in the long run! Slo, hope the picnic goes well. You can watch all the insanity with a clear head. Dill, my husband and I did a trial of 1 month in the Keys and we liked it a lot. So this year 4 months is a lot longer. We will see, If we get bored or miss the grands too much we can come back early. I guess with retirement we can come and go as we please which is all new to me because I have never Not worked. Quite an adjustment and I don’t need the added stress of drinking to make it harder. Hope everyone has a great day. Lots of rain and wind here today. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

55f and rain, I must be back home, lol!
                Cowboy, Slo had it right, Newport,RI, summer home to some of the original Robber Barons of the Gilded Age. They built massive homes homes here, yet some only spent about 6 weeks a year in their "cottages". The Vanderbilt cottage, The Breakers:
                Slo, you're gonna need to upgrade to Cheerios with all the work you've got! wow!
                No worries here.
                Another 24 please

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-9C (17F) this morning with a light dusting of snow...and more on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; October 27, 2019, 07:01 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast first, then more reading and writing lol...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Those are some crazy mansions [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I wonder how long it took to build one of them back in the day...

Great quotes last week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], thanks!

And a great quote to start the week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! It all goes back to the letting go thing...

Running over to Vegreville for a bit today. Bubba's cousins are coming out from Edmonton for a visit and to take us all out for lunch, so I'd better get my butt in gear lol.

Have a peaceful, relaxing Sunday y'all and remember to keep it between the lines...

Comment

And a little something that came to mind when I read this mornings quote...

Comment

The quote was to help me with my seemingly endless worry these days. ABC, I need that song on an endless loop in my brain right now! I think this worry business was just one more reason I drank. It's hard to worry if you're drunk. :>(

Thanks for brekkie, Cowboy. Winds are howling where we stopped, 25mph atm with continued strong winds all day. Can't tow in this. May have to hunker down here. I'll see what hubby says when he gets up.

Slo, hope things went well last night. Rava, when we get to missing our littles, we FaceTime with them. It does help. Lots of changes and new adjustments in your future! You'll love it!

Happy Sunday everybody! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

That’s some crazy temperature swings you’re having in Alberta! It was cold & rainy for the picnic, but I’ll try to appreciate the rain since Pauly doesn’t have any.

I just over worry, and get really anxious, and with social anxiety and perfectionism. HB upset me with an unkind put-down yelling comment about something I was trying to problem-solve for the picnic, which got me crying because I was already on edge, and now our marriage is even further on-the-rocks. The picnic was ok, but I just end up substituting in sugar, carbs, & whatever I can find for alcohol.

I’m the furthest thing from a power house, and can’t keep up with those other women who are so very energetic and organized. The two secretaries and my SIL (not the one with early-onset dementia!) work like maniacs organizing & implementing the entire picnic, every detail and all the setup and tear down, and I can barely handle my one game.

Drinking helped me manage worry & anxiety too, Ginger, and now I’m struggling with it.

Big changes ahead for you, Rava, but positive ones, and good that you can be flexible as you adjust.

I need 24 more hours, please & thank you, and hopefully not dry-drunk ones.
                            Last edited by Slo; October 27, 2019, 08:13 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

6:18 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Think I’m going to make a Cowboy inspired brekkie this morning. Those eggs look fabulous.

Slo, I was sorry to read the picnic was so stressful and worrisome. Can you skip it all together next time? I found over the years that by eliminating stresses in my life, I liked myself better. And eventually I found that I didn’t need alcohol to cope. And after that I realized that alcohol didn’t help anyway!
                                There will always be stresses in our lives. They change. I’m dealing with a whole new set of stresses and worries thanks to Parkinson’s but I’ve learned not to sweat the small stuff. How I “show up” for things has a great impact on the outcome I’ve found.
                                Hang in there Slo! Your Cafe friends are always here for you.

Jessie and I darn near froze on our walk yesterday thanks to the wind chill but we both needed the exercise.

Crock Pot chilli for supper tonight, one of our favourite comfort foods. And, home baked bread!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X