~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

55F with rain on the way for a couple of days, then much colder.
    Enjoy that beautiful scenery on your drive, Jude!
    Now, out to go learn a thing or two.
    24 more please

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-11C (16F) this morning with the temps rising today ending in a snow/rain mix by tonight...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I went into Edmonton early yesterday morning to pick up material for a few more heating jobs I have to do and on the way back I got a call from Corey that we were going to give combining a try to see if the canola would go through the machines!

Yep, combining with snow on the ground!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It looks like the combining in the snow is working, Cowboy!

Happy for you, Jude! Time to start “washing the walls” in physical therapy now!

Yay for another week off work and getting to set your own daily agenda, Mr. V!

Thank you for the quote, Ginger, about reframing for problem-solving & growth; and I love the more empowering re-phrasing, Dill!

Off for coffee this morning with sisters and SIL’s friend from out-of -town, so I had better stop drinking it now.
            Going to a Make-a-Wish fundraising auction tonight. This is always an event where the booze is flowing, but not to me this time!
            Requesting another day of practicing how to socialize AF.
            Last edited by Slo; October 30, 2019, 07:44 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo,that's sad about your daughters friends dad Jude,yay on the sling and being able to drive again! QW,I think I would do what you did at first and open a small business that way I'm still involved but not hafta deal with the day to day grind,you're right though 20 years will go by in a flash! 5:51 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love the rewording, Dill.

Jude, good for you! You'll be back in the saddle soon.

ABC, did the harvesting work? Seems like it would be a sloppy mess.

Got down to 15°F back home last night. Brrrrr

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, congrats on losing the sling! I hope the rest of your recovery goes well!

I’ve always been impressed by the work ethic and creativeness of farmers. Combining in the snow? Why not, if it works.

Friday we see Mrs QW’s neurologist. Lots to discuss around her meds and the progression of her Parkinson’s.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thursday quote...

Comment

Loving the positive quotes that you've come up with this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....naturally, my first maiden voyage was driving to the barn!

Another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Thursday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

1C (34F) with a nice breeze blowing...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Ginger, loved today's quote and it was just what I needed. I'm afraid I let myself get too rattled yesterday and I am regretting that I allowed myself to buy wine on the way home from taking my friend to the dealership, It came out of nowhere! But my friend who is a widow is extremely needy because she spends so much time alone that when she gets out she tends to overwhelm me with non-stop chatter. And she speaks loudly to boot. I suppose that sounds like a silly thing to most of you, but I am a quiet person and being required to engage in conversation for that many hours was just too much for me somehow and as I say, I was rattled in the end. I completely lost all resolve. All I can say is, I'm not going to let myself get in that position with her ever again. I can ask Mr. D to come along in the future if I have to take her that distance again. He can help buffer things. I am sure he will help me if I ask him.

So, thank you for today's quote, Ginger. Exactly what I needed. I'm saving it to my desktop.

24 more please.
                            Last edited by dill; October 31, 2019, 06:56 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Agreed, great quotes so far this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

It was a bit tricky climbing the steeper hills with the snow, but we managed another 250 acres yesterday!

:hug: [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], onward and upward my friend...
                              Last edited by abcowboy; October 31, 2019, 07:07 AM.

Comment

58F and pouring rain. The cold from you northerners is moving in tonight, first freeze of the season.
                                Combining in snow, wow.
                                We don't know what we're capable of until we try. In everything.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X