~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Slo, glad the shower went off without a hitch! Isn't it strange how every event seems like alcohol is present? Back when I was having babies and showers it wouldn't have even been a consideration. On the news there was a segment about a down town area that now allows you to walk around with alcohol. The person said it would really make it more fun for everyone. Really? Sad :>(

Stay warm! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
      That last quote reminded me of my step-dad. He was a very abusive alcoholic that made my Mom's life hell when she was living. No matter what he did she'd never leave. Before she passed I told her, once she was gone I was DONE with that man. She said that was fine but to make sure I found a way to forgive him or I'd keep packing him around. Sage advice. I forgave him in my heart and haven't seen him since!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
      This sounds like my daughter's boyfriend! I don't know if he's an alcoholic but he's for sure an a$$hole who drinks alot makes her life hell but it's hard cuz of the kids 6:00 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Nice to have an extra hour of sleep last night. I was pleased with myself for being able to reset my multi-function watch without consulting the manual! It’s the small victories that make life so wonderful, eh?

Ginger, I don’t understand why there’s a movement to make drinking more accessible, more available, like allowing consumption in a public downtown area. I’m stunned that every year at the Calgary Stampede alcohol is available until 4AM at bars and then it starts again at 7 AM when you can “enjoy” a beer with your pancakes!

Mrs QW’s adjustment to the new meds schedule seems to be working. Now, if only the manufacturer of the med she relies on, made by Merck, would resume production of her dosage, that would be great. They’ve had a “shortage” for over a year and won’t be able to supply her dose until July 2020. Other doses are available so this makes no sense to me. Generics aren’t the same as the original in this case and Mrs QW and I’m sure, thousands of others, have unnecessarily suffered as a result. A multi billion dollar making company should be able to do better.

Thanks for a great brekkie Cowboy!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Slo that quote is spot on! I know we each have first hand knowledge of the fact! Thanks for that, and thanks to Available too!

Ginger that advice your mother gave you was so very sound. Forgiveness is a gift that helps the giver almost as much as the receiver.

All's right with the world now that you posted at your regular time this morning, Cowboy! Thanks for that and for the breakfast too. I was so surprised yesterday morning when I didn't see a post from you that I actually scrolled back thru to see if I had somehow missed it!

24 more for all of us please.
          Last edited by dill; November 3, 2019, 01:03 PM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Monday quote:

“Never ever envy others being able to drink alcohol -it is a poison -that taken in its purest form would kill you in minutes. It’s us who are the lucky ones -because as ‘raving allies’ we are spared downing the poison regularly -and avoiding God knows what health issues.”

(- [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION])
            Last edited by Slo; November 4, 2019, 08:51 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning! Great quote Slo, thanks for that! Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] for another great quote from one of our members! Definitely makes it more personal!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote yet again, Slo. It is good perspective. And many thanks to [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] who has posted more than her share of gems over the years.

Rava are you officially retired and a snowbird now. I seem to have lost track. I know that not too long ago you were very close, but I lost track somehow. Sorry to say.

And Jude, are you literally back in the saddle yet? I know the sling is off, but I am thinking maybe you are still in PT?

QW I do hope you can get a caregivers support group organized. It would be so good for you to be able to be with others that know exactly what you and your wife are going thru. As we have learned first hand here, in the café!

My granddaughter did come Saturday and even tho Halloween was over, she asked if we could carve the pumpkin that was sitting out on our porch. Of course we could! She had the job of design, and of scooping out the innards. She was enthralled. Ah, to be eight years old again... She has a 3 day weekend this coming week and wants to come for 2 nights. Her dad and brother will be going to the Bengals/Ravens game, a birthday gift from us. Unfortunately their team, the Bengals, are having a no good, very rotten season. Wouldn't it be nice if their losing streak ends this Sunday?!

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-5C (23F) this morning, maybe we can finish that field this afternoon before the snow comes tonight and tomorrow...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It seems as though I caught up on my sleep and the time change as I woke up this morning at my regular time feeling refreshed! What a great feeling!

Really liking the quotes [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! Our members really have some gems if we get to reading around the threads! Sobriety really is a gift, one that we earn, but still a gift. It's always said that we have to quit for ourselves, and I agree with that. But taking a look around, it's amazing to see how many people benefit from that gift. It is indeed a gift that keeps on giving...

I never thought of alcohol as a poison, still don't really, because it's something that won't harm you if it's drank responsibly. I'm not going to get into the talk about the health benefits of one glass of wine per day, for us one glass leads to one or two bottles, and that's not healthy at all!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

35F and a little sunny.
                        Mario always had some very quotable things to say as well, miss his presence.
                        Forgive me, but I don't remember the member who penned, I can have the life I want, or I can drink.
                        I'll wave to the family while I'm working the game this weekend, Dill!
                        24 more please

Comment

5:13 am in Vegas another 24,it's a poison,why else would the body try so hard to get rid of it even in small amounts? Even the "benefit" of one drink a day is getting debunked by some researchers.
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote! There's a lot of great wisdom right here in our back door! Happy to be right here soaking that wisdom up daily.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Unfortunately I got too tired & sleepy to really enjoy the play last night, even without drinking a cocktail at dinner beforehand. I get knocked off center & overwhelmed easily, so was still drained from helping host the baby shower. And woke up way too early Sunday morning, and the clocks changed...

I tried to order a new drink at dinner that I had recently been introduced to: tonic water mixed with Rose’s lime. But they didn’t have the surgery lime mixer, so they substituted in fresh lime juice. That was way too sour even for me!

Daughter has the day off of school today, which works out well so she can attend her friend’s father’s funeral today without having to miss school. (He died at age 45, of cardiac arrest after struggling mightily with addiction(s)).

Narilly has the byline of “You can have the life you want OR you can drink.” I love that one too. There really are only two choices!

I loved the beautiful story of your granddaughter being enthralled by the sensory & creative process of carving a pumpkin, Dill; a reminder of the beautiful magic of childhood.

Cowboy is back in the combine saddle today!

Asking for 24 more hours AF today please.
                              Last edited by Slo; November 4, 2019, 09:17 AM.
                              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Slo, Rose’s Lime Cordial is one of my favourite drinks. There isn’t a more thirst quenching beverage than Rose’s. I’ll have to try it with tonic, another favourite of mine.

We had about an inch of snow overnight so I’ll get to try out the new shovel I bought.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X