• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:45 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning all! Dill, your story about the bottle of wine while cooking could be me. In fact, it was a fun bonding time with hubby as he liked to help with dinner. Well it was fun.... until it wasn't. We all know how that is.

ABC, I had no idea harvesting in that kind of weather was even possible. Thank you again for all you do to put food on everyone's table!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another doctor appointment this morning then our Parkinson support group meets in the afternoon. Rava, we often wonder how things got done when we were working, now that we’re retired, we have the time to do what we want, when we want. Hope you find the additional time welcome.

We’re going to the aerospace museum tomorrow primarily to see the recently restored WW2 Hurricane fighter. This labour of love took thousands of volunteer hours and cost thousands of dollars. The plane was revealed yesterday, just in time for Remembrance Day.

Thanks for the slow cooker chicken recipe! Look forward to trying that too!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

After 3.5 hours sleep I figured I best get up and do some of my morning routine before I got the call to get back on the combine. So I got my coffee, sat down and logged in, read back from my last night post, then got the phone call lol. So I’ve been combining since 9 am.

Funny how I got to thinking this morning that 5 years ago I wouldn’t have even went to bed for 3 or 4 hours sleep. I would have grabbed a case of beer from the cold room, drank a couple as I cooked up a big plate of bacon and eggs, then sat down with a few more beer till it was time to combine again. Do I miss those days? Not on your life! So darn glad I didn’t give up on my quit [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!
          Last edited by abcowboy; November 7, 2019, 02:29 PM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I made beef stew in the crock pot last night!

Cowboy is working night shift, and in freezing cold weather! That was a cool picture. Corey will be relieved to get more of the harvest in. Hope you’re successful at catching up on your rest today.

HB insisted that we needed to have alcohol in the house for everyone who would be here after the baby shower ended, so he ran off to the store to stock up. Then, nobody drank any! He finally had one beer himself. Now we have a lot of extra beer in the house. I guess people CAN socialize without it! HB can’t conceive of that after growing up in this culturally very drink-y city & state, and after the example his dad set. Well, the guys had all gone to a pool hall during the shower over lunch, so they’d already had drinks/beer; and most all of the young people went out together at night to a new place where you can play games and drink, so I guess they could wait until then.

We’re thinking of you, Rava, during your tough week.

It took 15 months for my knee replacement knee to heal up, and then I go and blow it right afterwards. I talked to the surgeon today about do I really need to have surgery, and yes, my posterior cruciate ligament is stretched out and permanently damaged. I think I know when it happened: trying to let someone squeeze past me in the middle seat on an airplane to get to the window seat, and I ended up stepping up onto the seat to get out of the way and lost my balance and fell into a deep crouch. Ouch. Can’t believe I managed to ruin it and have to go through all this all over again.

24 hours more, please & thank you.
            Last edited by Slo; November 7, 2019, 02:47 PM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo, sorry you have to have surgery on your knee again. That sucks. Hopefully it will be relatively pain free with a speedy recovery.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Sorry Slo about the knee. I can almost see it happening in an airplane. They barely give you room to move at all. When we flew the last time all the people were crowded in the back “basic economy” and after take off half the middle of the plane was empty. When asked if we could move up the stewardess said no, that those seat were upgrades!!! What?? Cowboy, I’m glad you didn't hurt yourself while drinking and combining. The stupid stuff we do is incredible. Well today is my last day of work. I’m just starting to feel comfortable with it. Thanks for the support. Hope everyone has a great day and another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Friday quote:

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient...”

(-Ken Blanchard)
                  Last edited by Slo; November 9, 2019, 09:17 AM.
                  Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

1C (34F) with rain/snow falling from the sky...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're spot on with this morning's quote [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! So sorry to hear about your knee! That really stinks that you have to go through surgery again. :miserable:
                      I too, was always one to drink wine while cooking, and often came up with some interesting dishes. Ugghh....not good. Luckily, I didn't poison Mr. J or anyone else!
                      Woke up to a couple of inches of snow with more on the way. I love how the drab landscape from yesterday can be transformed overnight into one of peaceful tranquility.
                      Hope that you can finish up the harvest soon cowboy so that you can get some well deserved rest!
                      Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Slo, I'm so sorry you have to go thru the surgery again, but it was not your fault that you fell for goodness sake! You didn't 'blow it', you had an accident. Live and learn tho. No airplane acrobatics for you this next time! :hug:

Yay Rava! You finally made it! I remember the bitter sweet moment on my last day of walking out to my car after work for the last time. My two longest time friends and colleagues walked out with me and in that moment the reality finally hit and I teared up. But somewhere during the drive home I started looking forward again. Retirement is definitely the best job ever!

24 more please and thank you.

Stupid things we do while drinking. In the old days that could've been made in to a MWO thread! I guess number one for me would be driving. I never combined while drinking while under the influence...heck, I couldn't do that stone cold sober! But I did mow the lawn on a riding mower more than once...
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Rava, your last day!!!! You got this.

Dang, Slo. So sorry to hear about another surgery. Finally getting some relief will be awesome tho.

Played cards with our AZ friends until 10p last night. Girls won! Yay! Boys were drinking, we may have had a sober leg up.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Slo, sorry about your knee Rava, congrats on your last day and I'm sure you'll keep yourself busy 5:51 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, happy last day of work! Retirement is what you make it - have a blast!!

Today’s quote is spot on. Too often I saw people who pretended to be interested in something but never got around to doing what was needed. I couldn’t help but think of the difference between contributing and commitment. It was compared to a breakfast of ham and eggs - the hen contributed, the pig committed!

We had 3 new faces at our Parkinson support group yesterday, nice to see!

I’m considering a new volunteer opportunity. I read that a national organization is looking for business mentors for former military members who are transitioning/ have transitioned from military service to their own business. It sounds interesting and rewarding. I’ll speak with the administrators of the program next week to see if we’re a match.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Hopefully your last day on the job was one that will leave you with fond memories [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! You'll notice I didn't say last day of work because we all know a woman's work is never done! lol

Do you know when the surgery will happen [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]? It's amazing how a few seconds can create such painful and lasting results. You'll be good as new in no time and more the wiser to watch how you use the knee.

I know [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the amount of times I ran the combine and the air seeding equipment while under the influence is not something I'm not especially proud of! Thankfully I never caused any damage to equipment or people back then.

I think today's quote really sums up trying to get and stay sober. It takes 100% commitment all the time...
                                Last edited by abcowboy; November 9, 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X