X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Saturday quote:

24/7/365

I traveled to Minnesota today with my sister to visit our friend & her family for the weekend, and I saw this quote on a billboard several times. Not sure why the billboard, but I know what it means regarding my sobriety: it has to be practiced 24/7/365 in order to be successful!
    Last edited by Slo; November 9, 2019, 09:16 AM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]...WTH are doing up at 1:34 am???? 24/7/365 yup..pretty much sums it up in a nutshell!

Another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for all the good wishes! Since this is our support group I am coming here to be completely honest. My coworkers did not know that I struggled with alcohol. I never made it a thing in my work. They gave me a gift basket with many fun things including 2 small shots of fireball whiskey. To make a long story short, when I got home, I was emotionally drained and completely exhausted. (Not making excuses here). I drank them both and went to bed. I just got up after 12 hours of sleep. I am sorry that I did that but do not want to go back to that lifestyle. I know I made a huge mistake but I am moving on and dont want to dwell on it. Thanks for listening and for all your support. Today is filled with busy work but not drinking....I will take 24 for me please!

Comment

Thanks for a week of really good quotes, Slo. Today's could be our motto here! In fact maybe we should have a sign made and hung over the door of the café with that on it!

QW, I hope that volunteer opportunity turns out to be a good fit for you. It sounds like a really wonderful service and one that you would be particularly suited for!

Cowboy, you were definitely being watched over and kept safe back then. Things could easily have gone another way. Same with me and my lawn mowing. I hope I didn't give the impression I was remembering that with fondness or pride! Quite the opposite.

Rava, no need to dwell on it. Just stick with us. And, welcome to the free world!! You will love retirement. Congrats!:welldone::hug:

Today is the Christmas Bazaar held by the hospital volunteer group I belong to. I must get my homemade double chocolate chunk over there this morning.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; November 9, 2019, 07:25 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

A snowy morning with a nice blanket of it dumped on us through the night. Temps are dropping, sitting at -8C (16F) right now...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], one thing about a slip, it is a good reminder why we quit in the first place! The point is, you came right back here and didn't spiral. Today is a new day!

Thanks for a week of great quotes, [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24/7/365, simple, but also complex.... That simple statement can mean so many thing to so many people, but as you said [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], it means our watch over our sobriety. Getting and staying sober isn't easy, and it takes a lifelong commitment. And any commitment that serious isn't an easy undertaking. But it can be done. And as [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] said, this is our support group, and we're here 24/7/365 for each other! You have a whole new life ahead of you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], we'll all try and help you make it a sober one! :hug:

For sure a week of great quotes [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], thank you!

And yes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'm going to start looking for a sign or something like that to hang above the door, great idea!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We thoroughly enjoyed the aerospace museum yesterday, a highlight was learning about the restoration of a WW2 Hawker Hurricane fighter plane. One of the people involved spoke for about 45 minutes about the challenges of assembling the plane from hundreds of pieces that were unlabelled.
                    The plane was recently transported by flatbed truck from Westaskiwin to Calgary on the QE 2 highway, about a 3 hour drive. All southbound lanes were blocked by the truck and their maximum speed was much less than what traffic usually does on the highway, affectionately known as the QE 2 500. The truck driver who moves large loads for a living has been subjected to honking horns, coffee cups thrown at him, middle finger gestures, etc but not this time. And when they pulled over to let traffic pass, drivers didn’t. Very classy, well done Albertans!

Cowboy, we’re getting a taste of winter today as well. It’s hard to take after yesterday when it was 12C.

Have a great af Saturday everyone! 24/7/365

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; November 9, 2019, 10:19 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Still recovering from my emotional rollercoaster of retirement. No drinking since that stupid slip up. Last night I actually cleared out my weekly 5 am alarm. Today we fly to Florida for 2 weeks. So definitely looking forward to moving on in a positive way. Its 35 degrees here right now. I decided to groom my own little dog to save money in retirement. Needless to say he looks like the kid in school with the crooked bangs. It will have to do for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. My next post will be from the condo. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].....you can deliver that homemade double chocolate chunk to my house anytime you want!
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]......mistakes happen. It's how we learn from them that counts!
                        Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Can any of you can remember the song by James Taylor, "Carolina in my Mind". Well after reading your post [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] I got that song in my head but with the substitution of "Rava's condo in my Mind". What a great way to start your new adventure!

I saved some cookies [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and we will have them after breakfast in the Café!

Having a great time with our granddaughter. She requested my Chicken and Dumplings for dinner. I just happened to roast a hen the other day and have lots of left overs, so how could I say no?!

24 more glorious hours of freedom for all of us please.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Each choice we make causes a ripple effect in our lives. When things happen to us, it is the reaction we choose that can create the difference between the sorrows of our past and the joy in our future.” - Chelle Thompson

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Brrrrr… -17C (1F) this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quote, ABC.

Rava, enjoy the condo and the next two weeks. Great idea to get away!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I'd better get breakfast out so that we can all enjoy Dill's double chocolate chunk!

Comment

Working...
                                X