• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

43F and sunny here.
    Chimney moving right along.
    So sorry about the knee, Slo.
    Wishing you strength, Rava, You got this!
    Now, off to work
    24 more please

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, I made the butter chicken recipe in the slow cooker yesterday, ever good! Thanks for the link to the recipe. We’ll be making that again.

Rava, safe travels south. Enjoy the warmth and sunshine, not that those of us stuck in winter are complaining or anything.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day/Veterans Day, always a special day to me. It’s a reminder of my Dad and father in law who gave up 5 years of their lives in service of our country.
        We can never be too thankful for the sacrifices made for us. If you get a chance, check out a video called A Pittance of Time, written by Terry Kelly after he witnessed a man in a store ignore the 2 minutes of silence at 11 AM on November 11th. This video was done before 9/11 and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but is very relevant today.

Lest We Forget

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; November 10, 2019, 10:12 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Happy Veterans Day to those who served. We are safe and sound in Florida and looking forward to some fun away from the cold. This will not include alcohol. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Thanks for yesterday's quote Cowboy! It really does come down to the choices that we make!

Winter storm warnings up for today into tomorrow morning....so glad that I don't have to drive in it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them." - Laurence Binyon

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-23C (-10F), another cold one for sure!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

"Lest We Forget"
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the Veteran's Day quote, Cowboy. It was a great way to set the tone for the day. I also want to thank you for that special quiche yesterday. Who knew there was such a thing as a cowboy quiche!

Glad you like the butter chicken QW. It's really one of my favorites. I had been trying for years to duplicate the chicken curry dish that was my favorite at our local Indian restaurant but to no avail. I was really thrilled when we found that recipe. It tastes just like the restaurant dish!

Yesterday's football game was a total blow out but my son and grandson seemed to enjoy themselves in spite of it. They both came back home with smiles on their faces!

So much to be grateful for in this country. Freedom is #1. Thanks to all veterans and 24 more please for us here and any veterans that need it too!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Our lives really are all about choices aren’t they. We are forced to make choices everyday, and often we make choices willingly. Sometimes we make bad choices, more often we make good choices, and often we can turn a bad choice into something good. And today, we should be grateful for those who served/serve their country to give us the freedom to make choices.

Lately I’ve been wondering about some of the choices I’ve made. Should I always consider me and my sobriety first when making choices, or should I be considering others first? Obviously I think of how the effects of my choices will impact others, but ultimately my choice is made in my best interests. Is that being selfish?

I’ve also noticed another thing, I’m starting to use my sobriety as an excuse to get out of things that I don’t want to do, or make decisions that I don’t want to make. When I was drinking, I could use that as an excuse when I made a bad decision or did something stupid, but I no longer have drinking to use as an excuse for anything. So all the decisions and choices I make are really mine now, no excuses to use anymore. I guess this is where my faith comes in, that I will be somehow guided in making the right choices and decisions….

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote in honor of our veterans, ABC. Thank you to all those who serve(d).

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Week 37 successfully done.

Thank you for the quote today Cowboy, relevant every day, not just November 11th. My grandkids are too young to understand but I hope to be able to tell them one day about their great grandfathers and a great great grandfather and the roles they played in both world wars. My fondest wish for my grandkids is that they never see another war.

LEST WE FORGET

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post

Lately I’ve been wondering about some of the choices I’ve made. Should I always consider me and my sobriety first when making choices, or should I be considering others first? Obviously I think of how the effects of my choices will impact others, but ultimately my choice is made in my best interests. Is that being selfish?

I’ve also noticed another thing, I’m starting to use my sobriety as an excuse to get out of things that I don’t want to do, or make decisions that I don’t want to make. When I was drinking, I could use that as an excuse when I made a bad decision or did something stupid, but I no longer have drinking to use as an excuse for anything. So all the decisions and choices I make are really mine now, no excuses to use anymore. I guess this is where my faith comes in, that I will be somehow guided in making the right choices and decisions….

You are asking some pretty difficult questions today Cowboy. For what it's worth, I think it is important always to put your sobriety first. Without it, all is going to lost. I think what is difficult sometimes is to make sure we are actually preserving our sobriety, and we are not just using our 'sobriety first' rule as an excuse to act selfishly. It sounds like you have already caught yourself doing that. But it's probably not always straightforward, or easy to know. But some quiet discernment time will probably reveal the answer. Sometimes being selfish isn't being selfish. Sometimes it is simply taking care of ourselves so that we can continue to take care of our loved ones, friends, and responsibilities. I also think sometimes it can be helpful to talk to someone impartial in an effort to think out loud. Just make sure the conversation doesn't take place on a barstool while talking the ears off of a bartender! lol None of us are perfect. The best we can do is to do our best! I have a feeling that's your modus operandi!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi all,

Figured I'd stop in and say thank you all for being a huge part of me working out my recovery! I'm at 26 or 27 months since the end of an 6 month death defying relapse... and 20 months since I've had a drink. This place was a part of my "recipe". Thank you all
                            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al View Post
                              Hi all,

Figured I'd stop in and say thank you all for being a huge part of me working out my recovery! I'm at 26 or 27 months since the end of an 6 month death defying relapse... and 20 months since I've had a drink. This place was a part of my "recipe". Thank you all
                              Thanks for stopping by with the update, and congrats on 20 months! Quite an accomplishment!

Thanks for the special quote yesterday cowboy! Don't beat yourself up, sometimes you have to put yourself first in order to maintain your sobriety. After seeing your posts here everyday, selfish is not the word that I would use to describe you cowboy.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for checking in empy. Congrats on 20 months. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X