~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great to see you Empy3! Happy for you! I remember your time here and I know it has been a hard fought battle for you.

Coffee shop this morning. The roads were icy so it was slow going, but I was on a mission! I know my customers appreciate it.

Pauly, I am still hanging in there with TWD and it has been pretty good this season in spite of losing Rick. I never did go back to FTWD but my brother says it also picked up. Are you still a fan of either?

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.” - Lance Armstrong

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-7 (20F) this morning with freezing rain/snow in the forecast for today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] and huge congrats on your sober time! Don't be a stranger eh!

Drive careful [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! We're supposed to get freezing rain here today, so I imagine I'll have icy roads at some point in my travels today!

Hey [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], your chair is getting cold, best get your butt back in it! lol

Not to worry [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], my sobriety is my number one priority, just trying to figure out how to fit everything else around it!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job, Empy! Thanks for checking in.

Dill, I had to look up those two acronyms. lol Guess that tells you I've never watched either.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

19 F here with two inches of snow on the cars. Won't get above freezing today.
            Just yesterday I rode my bike 35 miles in the sun, and 60F temps!
            Long time no see Empy, so glad to hear you're doing well.
            Yes, we must take care of ourselves first, otherwise we're of no good to others. It may seem selfish at times, but nothing is more selfish than crawling into a bottle, useless to everyone, including ourselves.
            24 more please

Comment

I’m home now from my travels! Didn’t mean to go missing, but found it too hard to find time to post.

My sister & I drove up to Minnesota to visit friends, and had such a nice time! They are so warm & welcoming. It was a little awkward that the couple had to entertain two alcoholics, so no offering beer or wine like they normally would while we played games in the evenings. I didn’t let it bother me though, because her brother died at age 36 of alcoholism and his sister died at age 50 of complications from alcoholism; so they of all people should understand. Their young adult son went to the liquor store and offered to pick some up for all of us on Saturday night, which was declined; so he had beer & liquor, and his dad was able to nip down to the son’s man cave and imbibe away from us too.
              But I didn’t let it bother me because the guy is borderline himself with alcohol addiction, and with a strong family history of it; and the 23 y/o son could easily find himself in the same situation in the future what with the family history on both sides. So I just proudly maintained my own sobriety!

Cowboy, I can’t say it any better than Dill said it, and Jude. What they said.

Rava, you were worried that you would drink at retirement: it happened, it’s over now; so you can leave that fear behind now and move on into sober retirement!

Requesting 24 hours AF today.
              Last edited by Slo; November 12, 2019, 10:09 PM.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24 great to see you Empry and congratulations on your sober time!!! Dill funny you asked cuz there was nothing on Sunday so I stopped on TWD for a bit but quickly lost interest,so sad cuz it was such a great show for so long Cowboy,what kind of things have you been avoiding? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable,I'm just curious,I'm imagining a heavy metal concert you've been asked to go to hahaha! Have a great AF day all
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats Empy on your sobriety! Well done, stay strong.

It warmed up 18 degrees overnight and while the warmth is welcome, we have freezing rain to contend with here too. At least we don’t have to shovel it!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That made me chuckle [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] lol! I would have no problem turning down an invitation to a heavy metal concert even if the tickets were free!

I think it's more to do with coming home to an empty house and thinking more of going out to a restaurant to eat, but being by myself and watching other diners have a drink with their meal would be a hard swallow. There's been a few invites to drinking holes and a steak supper that I've turned down, not so much because I might drink, but because of the questions about Bubba, and then the looks I get when I try to explain.

Harvest kept me busy and I stay at the farm by myself anyway, and now with hunting season underway I'm out at Adam's every weekend so it's not too bad. Bubba has been coming home at least one night per week, so that definitely helps. Not sure how December will go, but hey, it's one day at a time right!

Comment

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Fighting a stupid head cold. No drinking for me. Another 24 please and thanks. Mr. V. I liked what you said about there is nothing more selfish than crawling in a bottle. Good words! Thank you for that!!

Comment

“When you're struggling with just about anything, look up. Just ponder the night sky for a minute and realize that we're all on the same planet at the same time.” - BJ Miller

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

It's a be-u-te-ful morning! -3C (27F) with a full moon shining!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 13, 2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Uggh....all this talk of heavy metal concerts is giving me a headache! :egad:

Sorry that you are going through a rough time cowboy. It is hard to come home to an empty house, but nothing lasts forever. Is Hank with Bubba or you?

14° and snowing again. I don't like driving in it, but it really is beautiful outside!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

X post cowboy! Bet you were thinking of Bubba when you came across that quote!

Comment

11F and sunny this morning! Cold and crisp!
                              A fine morning for all you little headbangers! At least it's not the AL causing the headbanging, just a little too much heavy metal!
                              Don't let yourself get too lonely there, Cowboy.
                              Young Mr. V coming home tonight after a month on the road working. He's had no time off in that period. He'll probably sleep for days, lol.
                              Mrs. V says it's 13 days she's been off sugar and processed carbs. Says she now understands what it must be like to be an alcoholic, with the cravings.
                              24 more please.

Comment

It doesn’t sound to me selfish to be declining those invitations, Cowboy, if it’s uncomfortable to explain the Bubba situation, and then the people lack understanding & compassion and raise their eyebrows. And deciding to forgo dining alone at a restaurant/bar if the other patrons’ cocktails & such are triggering is just what we have to do to protect our quits. And like you say, no worries about isolating too much in November what with hunting, harvesting, and Bubba able to visit weekly.

I enjoyed your stories about how the WWII fighter plane was lovingly restored and moved into position at the museum, QW, and in time for Nov. 11th. Glad you & Mrs. QW were able to make the trip to see it to mark the occasion. Lest we forget. My wish for grandchildren is also that they never have to fight in a war. Humanity has to find a better way to solve conflicts!

My stay in Minnesota was extended by also stopping to visit an old work colleague/friend who lives up there too; then needing to spend the night due to the late hour and the snow that was steadily falling on top of the ice from the warm-up & rain from the day before. That was so much fun to visit with her!
                                And she is not a drinker at all! She grew up in an alcohol-free home and family and just never took to it. So that was easy!

24 more hours AF please.
                                Last edited by Slo; November 13, 2019, 09:40 AM.
                                Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Working...
                                X