~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wonderful quote, ABC. The USA can really use this quote right now. Sorry for all the changes. Remember this too shall pass.

Hope your cold goes away fast, Rava. What a crappy retirement gift! Hopefully it's not so bad you can't enjoy your time in Florida!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 Cowboy I wouldn't take the free tickets either, my brother and his wife were in town last week for some concert like that and she posted vids on Facebook and I was lost,just don't dig that kind of music anymore and this is the girl who was listening to Metallica before they were even famous haha,now I just like what's on the radio Taylor Swift and imagine dragons is up my alley Rava,ugh being sick for me is a trigger keep your head up,Slo glad you had a nice quick trip,Mr.V I dunno how people cut out sugar,I think I'd REALLY go crazy! It's in everything practically,with Al it's easy to avoid but sugar you really hafta keep your eyes peeled,waves to the gang and have a fab AF day
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sure is cold here today! The sunshine is nice but not getting the job done somehow. Oh well, 24 more will be good anyway!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and warm this afternoon when Jessie and I walked, 10C, low 50’s F. We’ll take all this weather we can get!

I guess I passed my interview to become a mentor for ex military members transitioning into entrepreneurship. I’m looking forward to getting matched with an entrepreneur soon.

I’m glad we don’t discuss politics here! We could go on for days, couldn’t we? I will add though, one of my favourite sayings, “Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and usually for the same reason”!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's great news about your interview for the new volunteer project, QW! I'm sure they will be so lucky to have you! And I just love your saying about politicians and diapers.....I couldn't agree more! I'll be using that one in the near future I'm sure.

Dentist for me today. I hope he can do something about this tooth that's been giving me fits. After that a trip to the hardware store to buy a new faucet for our upstairs bathroom and then I get to help Mr. D install it. Exciting times for us here!

How is your chimney work progressing, Mr. V?

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good job passing the interview QW! You'll be a great mentor I'm sure!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Congrats on your mentor ship QW. That sounds rewarding and interesting.I agree also about the politicians. Even though we don't talk politics, I agree and wish we had term limits. Anyway, Cowboy, hope you are doing well. Glad Bubba comes once a week to visit. I know many couples that do quite well that way. No time to argue! Hope everyone has a great day! No drinking for me today. Another 24 please.

Comment

“Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start off with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, it's going to be a good day!” – Lindsay Lohan

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

A great morning indeed, -1C (30F), with Bubba and Hank here with me!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have to apologize for kind of ignoring y'all during my little self-pity party this past while, and I also want to thank everyone for being here, for the words of wisdom and support! You guys all help me start my day thinking it's going to be great day! I don't think a little bit of self-pity can hurt anyone, as long as it isn't taken to extremes, or lingers on for too long. It definitely has made me more grateful for what I have. Maybe I'm not in the situation I'd like to be, but there are many others who are in much tougher situations, and life goes on for them as well.

Will you be shuttling back and forth to Florida over the winter [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], or is this 2 week stay just a get-away till after the Christmas season, then head down there for the rest of the winter?

Congrats on the mentorship [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! You're going to be a great help to whoever they partner you with!

Sounds like you really enjoyed you short holiday [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]! It's amazing how much we can enjoy ourselves without having alcohol involved!

Good luck with the taps [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I know all about changing out old ones. It can be a half hour job, or quickly turn into a half day nightmare lol.

I never was into heavy metal music [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I guess because of my rural upbringing. But the rock music of the 70's and 80's still is a favourite of mine!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; November 14, 2019, 08:10 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great news on your mentoring opportunity, QW. I can tell from your posts here, that you'll be great at it.

Comment

Mine too Cowboy,music from 70's and 80's nice quote but I can't listen to LiLo and take it seriously haha QW,that's awesome about the mentoring,ugh,been having that "pull" for drinking not sure where it's coming from but figured I'd lay it here and hopefully it blows that THOUGHT out of the water,it is just a thought anyways,I really hate this addiction
                        Last edited by paulywogg; November 14, 2019, 08:50 AM.
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m glad everyone got a chuckle out of the politician/dirty diaper joke. I should have clarified that it wasn’t intended solely for the situation our American friends are going through, we’re dealing with political nonsense here too.

Off to the Big Smoke this morning for yet another appointment. At least the weather is nice and the roads good.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yup! Gotta keep a positive and grateful attitude!

I hear you about the "pull" [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. Lately, it feels more like something is dragging me toward that damn bottle. :upset: Not sure if it's compounded by boredom or pain, but whatever it is, I need to get a handle on it quickly.

Glad that you're feeling a little more like yourself cowboy!

Love the rock music from the 70's and 80's, but I also enjoy classical every now and then.

Another 24 please and thank you!
                            Last edited by Jude58; November 15, 2019, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Morning All! I've been feeling little hints of the pull too. For me it's all the dang happy hours in these RV parks. Just one big party from 3-5. May also have something to do with the holidays approaching. Hmmm... What ever it is, WE MUST STAY VIGILANT!

Comment

“The first obvious reason why awareness is important is that you have to be aware of what the real problem is in order to overcome it.” - Derek Doepker

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-3C (27F) on a foggy morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X