~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

A little insomnia going on here......Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hope everyone has a good Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

"It is not happy people who are thankful. It is thankful people who are happy."

I suppose I could have waited until Thanksgiving to share this quote, but I will not be on duty then and I just really liked it. It came in a newsletter from the Retired Teacher's Association to which I belong. Nice reminder of what we here already know.

I hope everyone enjoys a happy day of freedom. 24 hours for all!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

1C (34F) this morning, a bit windy, but I'll take it...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll get breakfast out a bit early, Adam will be up soon to put coffee on so I'll check back in after the morning hunt...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

28F and sunny.
              Thanks for the breakfast, Cowboy, nice and simple.
              Bike ride, but no moving yesterday, lol.
              Weird, lifelike drinking dream last night, glad it was a dream!
              How's things, Rava. Good you're here.
              24 more please

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Dill. Teacher? One of my most respected occupations. Thank you for your service to our kids! Our new neighbor is our youngest gkid's teacher this year. It's his 32nd year and he still loves it. You don't hear that often with all the admin changes!

Off to walk the pup in the desert. Still watching for rattlers! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another mild day here, looking forward to a long walk with my little buddy. She showed me the other day what a good hunter she is. We passed some low bushes, she went into stalking mode and pointed with her right paw. Then she leapt like a fox or coyote and came out of the bushes with a mouse in her mouth. I told her to drop it - she did, and the mouse scampered back to the bushes. This from a dog who can’t always find treats left for her around the house!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope your tooth & taps got fixed and without frustrations, Dill! Thank you for the timely quote, and a good way to look at the benefits of a grateful outlook.

Those fried eggs look perfectly cooked, Cowboy! Hope you are enjoying hunting with your son.

I had a very realistic drinking dream this week too, Mr. V. But I guess our dreams are how we work out what we’re dealing with in waking life, so they serve their purpose.

So that’s why you’re posting at 3am, Jude! I am finding myself carb-loading lately in the evening in order to sleep well. Not ideal maybe, but it has been working pretty well.

I enjoyed attending the baby shower yesterday. I wished I could have smoothed out my social interactions with an initial drink of the hard liquor & bitters etc. that they had set out, but I know that that no longer works for me and is a pipe dream. It was more of an intellectual pull, and not a powerful visceral pull. I remember it was very, very hard for me to resist the pull of & longing for the alcohol at D1’s bridal shower, so I’m pleased at how far I have come now, for D1’s baby shower.

Wanting another AF day this Sunday please!
                      Last edited by Slo; November 17, 2019, 10:38 AM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.”
                        – Zig Ziglar

Motivation is what I get from my daily stops in the Café. That, and friendship of course.

Cowboy, I loved the breakfast yesterday. The funny thing is, it was exactly what we had in our kitchen here on Sunday.

We still don't have the faucets installed. We have been waiting for them to arrive by post. They should be here today so hopefully we'll get that project done.

Mr. V, were you pleased with the way your chimney work turned out? Weird about the drinking dream. I guess the beast was trying to sneak in thru the back door of your subconscious! He doesn't know what he's dealing with!

Slo, I'm glad you resisted the pull towards the hard liquor at that baby shower. You have nothing but good memories from the event now and no regrets to deal with.

Let's have another 24, please.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

34F and cloudy
                          Got the bike ride in, yea! The rides are like meditation for me, something like Mr G's daily runs on the beach.
                          Still have to move young Mr. V into his apartment this week. Not really looking forward to it, but excited for him, it's his first real apt. without out roommates, etc. Also looking forward to getting his stuff out of my house, which has been here since Aug. Just in time to get things set for Christmas.
                          Chimney looks great, but a lot of money spent, Sad thing is, it's one of two chimneys on the house, and this one only vents the hot water heater. It needed to be done as water was starting to leak into the house, destroying plaster in a second floor closet.
                          Zig Zigler is sure worth listening to.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

I've seen that quote before [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and it always makes me smile!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

6C (42F) this morning. Quite windy and lightly raining. Crazy weather this fall!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I agree [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], motivation is one of the reasons I come here everyday! We all face numerous daily problems and sometimes knowing that we're not alone, that others are experiencing the same problems help us to move forward.

It's like [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] said when she mentioned that she was glad to hear that others were feeling that same pull towards drinking, and knowing that she wasn't the only one gave her strength to power through those feelings. I try not to talk about myself and my problems too much as I think I should be able to handle them on my own, but sometimes I need support, and the motivation to power through when I'm not sure I can. It's always nice knowing I have a group of people that understand what we go through on a daily basis!

Comment

Working...
                                X