~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:40 am in Vegas another 24 Ginger, does your son get rowdy when he drinks? Is it to excess? I always wonder about how far is too far,ok face it we all have Al problems but we can't judge everyone who drinks or we'd be judging most of the people in the world, maybe I shouldn't say judging but analyzing it's hard I think to decide who's drinking more than they should just cuz I was so far gone anything seems mild Jude and Rava you're here,it's done,move on
    Last edited by paulywogg; November 19, 2019, 08:52 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Winter weather is back for today so it looks like a treadmill walk.

I agree with Pauly’s comment to Jude & Rava, it’s done, move on. Many of us have relapsed after putting together some impressive day counts. No point in beating ourselves up over a slip if we’re right back here and doing our best to beat the beast. One day at a time!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I haven’t said anything about your son [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] as I’ve been wrestling with my conscience over this one. I hope he is a better man than I was, as what my children said or did had no effect on me and my drinking. Just tossed it off to that they had no idea what I was going through. But then they were all grown adults, not a nine year old. Maybe that might make him at least sit up and take notice of how his drinking is affecting others. It may or may not be his rock bottom, and all you can do is be there for him when he needs you, and he will need you.

Ah, those darn slips! Best to look at them as just slips and not full blown relapses. And realizing it as a mistake is just the right attitude to take to get back on the right path again. But on the other hand, we have to learn something from the slips so that the wisdom gained can be applied to the next situation.

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Positive thoughts people, positive thoughts!!

Hi [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], great to see you stop by again!
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 20, 2019, 07:43 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have a better picture of your son's situation now Ginger. I was wondering if it was his daughter that made the decision not to go there until things changed. I hope your son finds this to be his wake up call.

Slo, :hug:Sorry Mr. S is such a bear to live with. You deserve a gold star for carrying on!

Let's all work on being who we want to be!

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; November 20, 2019, 06:39 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for all the words of support. I am still sober and wanting to stay that way. My slip up involved vomiting and all the horrible stuff that goes with drinking. Now that I’m older the recovery process took the whole next day. I do NOT want a repeat of that mess ever!!! So I am back stronger than ever wanting to make it right again. Not dwelling on sober time vs slip up. Compared to my life a year ago, I am a thousand times better off as I do know how to live my life being sober. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

We didn't get the snow they forecast overnight, but it's also forecast for today. It's a balmy -5C (22F) this morning under cloudy skies...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cloudy, grey day here, but I am sober...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:26 am in Vegas another 24 rain predicted here but I'll believe it when I see it! Have a fabulous day all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning! Oh my, what a storm we had yesterday. I've never seen so much rain or heard such loud thunder! It was actually kind of scary! This wont let up until tomorrow.

Had a long conversation with my son yesterday. He actually called me back. There is much more to the story than I got from my ex dil. The other side of the story, I guess you'd say. He still needs to stop the madness of drinking but sadly I don't think he's there yet. Im so thankful for all of the support I get here. Thank you!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had 20cms of snow yesterday and overnight, about 6”. I shovelled our driveway after a walk yesterday afternoon and also did our neighbours so they wouldn’t have to shovel when they got home from work. And by the weekend it should be gone thanks to mild temps expected starting Saturday.

My day started with a telemarketing call at 5:40AM! Get a real job, morons.

Hope Wednesday treats us all kindly.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That must be scary to weather a bad storm in an RV, Ginger!
                        So there is another side to the story, involving the granddaughter and/or the ex DIL...I’m glad your son seems safe & stable anyways.

QW, I finally remembered to ask my daughter how much her wedding photographer cost, and it was $3000 compared to your son’s...$11,000? But her wedding was in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere in the Midwest of the USA, not an urban center in Australia.

Thanks, Dill. I have to learn to stand my ground with HB, yet not let him bother me.

Not much snow left here. 24 more please!
                        Last edited by Slo; November 20, 2019, 02:50 PM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

The road to success is always under construction.
                          -Lily Tomlin

Seems like those construction cones are out every single day!

24 more please for all of us travelers.
                          Last edited by dill; November 21, 2019, 07:13 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! How's the weather down your way?

Ginger, I don't doubt there was another side, there always is! I'm glad you got to speak with your son and hear his side of things. Having you for a mother is a mark in his favor. I am hopeful for him!
                              Last edited by dill; November 21, 2019, 07:25 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]....Glad that you're son called you back and that the lines of communication are open. Always good to hear both sides of the story.
                                [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].... can't believe that a telemarketer called you at 5:40 am! I would have given them an earfull!

Feeling better about myself today, and actually slept well last night. It is kind of weird that I keep dreaming that I had started smoking again!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X