No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-4C (23F) under a star-filled sky, going to be a nice day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Such a true quote!

I'm not feeling well the last few days so I'm going to have to find a doc that takes my out of state insurance. This should be fun!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I think your son will come to appreciate your experience and wisdom [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], he's opening up the lines of communication already...

You stay away from those smokes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! You beat that addiction, you can beat any addiction!

Very fitting quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! If we hit a roadblock or detour along our path, we have to be able to adjust our course accordingly!

X-post [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], hope it's nothing serious and you get to feeling better soon!
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 21, 2019, 08:01 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I get to enjoy parking in the garage too, Cowboy. Thanks for reminding me to count that blessing!

Today I need to guide SIL (the one with dementia) through her colonoscopy prep, including sleeping overnight there, and having to wake her up at 3:15am to swallow more liquid prep every 15 minutes! Ugh.

Yes, QW, there sure are a lot more muscles involved in Parkinson’s than just the ones for speech, unfortunately. I hope your wife is having some good days lately.

Your dreams are working out your struggles with the cigarette cancer sticks at night, Jude, as your body continues to detox from them. It’s a good thing! It’s a process. Just continue to stay away from them during the day.

Requesting 24 more hours alcohol-free please!
            Last edited by Slo; November 21, 2019, 09:20 AM.
            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, I’m surprised you couldn’t hear me conversing with the telemarketer even though we’re a couple of time zones apart! It must have been unpleasant to be on the other end although they probably hung up at the first cuss word!

Slo, my son’s wedding photographer put in a long day, 8AM-10PM and took over 700 photos BUT $11,000 still seems excessive. Here, wedding photography runs about $3-4,000. If I thought I could charge over $10,000 I’d get back into it!

Slo, Parkinson’s is a hideous disease. Mrs QW doesn’t have tremors very often rather she has speech, swallowing and issues with her right arm and leg. As a care partner, each day can be a challenge because you don’t know what side effect is going to show up. And it regularly steals a bit of her ability to do things. However, as my Dad used to say, “it’s not the worst thing that could happen”. We’re still able to do most of what we enjoy, travel being our favourite but hey, when we can’t travel any more, we’ve had some fabulous trips.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; November 21, 2019, 10:31 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please. Thank you.

QW - I just wanted to tell you that I am sorry for what you are going thru with Mrs QW and this terrible disease. But, I love your attitude. "It's not the worst thing that could happen". That is something that I tell myself sometimes and then I think of something I'm grateful for. It helps.

Now - I need to read back and find out who paid $11,000.00 for wedding photos!?!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope that you can find a good doc soon [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Risk is trying to control something you are powerless over.
                    ~Eric Clapton

I was having a hard time finding quotes for this week, try as I might. So I decided just to go back thru the old ones from years past and recycle. This one always struck me as the essence of what we need to realize when we are at the beginning of this process. The only control I have over alcohol is the choice to leave it in the bottle. I have the control to part ways with it. But once I let it in, I'm lost. I hate it, but it's true.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and thanks Dill for that quote. Thats the absolute truth. Once its in my body I have no control. I proved that the other day. I wont forget how out of control I became and how horrible I felt when I woke up. I can make the decision to leave it in the bottle. Thanks for that quote!!! Ginger, I dont know how it is where you are but here we have lots of walk in medical clinics that take most insurances. Maybe you could look for one of those. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

A cool clear morning sitting at -5C (22F) with Bubba and Hank with me this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 22, 2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Boy! That's a true quote.

All I had to do is call the health care authority up in WA and they hooked me right up with everything I needed to know/do to make the process of finding care easy. Who knew? I didn't because all the years traveling, this is the first time I needed a doc. Should be back to normal in a few days.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

There's definitely old quotes worth revisiting [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and that is one of them. Why risk our sobriety thinking that maybe, just maybe, now we'll be able to control our drinking. And I don't think when a slip occurs we necessarily think we can be a normal drinker again, I think the slips occur because we feel we need to escape, even if it's for a day or a few hours. All of us are at the stage where we know we'll never be a "normal drinker", but all of us know all to well the escape we can feel when we drink. The problem, and the solution, lies in the fact that we have to accept that truth.

I really hate the word "powerless", I guess it's the macho part of me coming out. Admitting that I'm powerless over anything, let alone alcohol. I want to say I'm not powerless over alcohol, but I do admit that I have no control over my resolve when I have that first drink. Maybe it's one and the same....

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24 i never cared for that phrase in AA either Cowboy,also could never relate to the asking my higher power to take the urge away,that's my job and I'm pretty sure Gods pretty busy with other things,have a great AF day all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

42F and raining
                                Tried the past few days to check-in, and kept getting interrupted. No quiet time in the moring, too much going on, Oh, well. forgive me.
                                I don't like the word powerless either, Cowboy. Might be a male thing. Powerless indicates a lack of choice, and we have the choice not to drink. Yes, we do risk bad things happening IF we drink.
                                We have other means of escape if we need it, we just need to find out what they are.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X