~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Sunday morning to the start of this Thanksgiving week. I haven't been very thankful since getting sick need to work on that more.

Great quote, Rava. Safe travels back to the cold! You'll be back to the condo before you know it.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
    Last edited by Ginger999; November 24, 2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Breakfast is ready, I'll be back in a bit...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast cowboy....it was yummy!

Mr. J got a doe yesterday, so we will have meat in our freezer. It's been a tough year for the hunters as the deer are just not moving around like they usually do There are lots of deer out there, (they jump in front of my car all the time!) but no one is seeing anything. Every year there seem to be less people hunting, which according to Mr. J is needed to get the deer moving. Who knows?

Another 24 please and thank you!
          Last edited by Jude58; November 24, 2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this past week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And the one you used from [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] has been my mantra regarding my thoughts this past little while.

And your quote today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] hits home to me as well. It’s easy to get stuck in our thoughts and actions, and when getting stuck becomes a deterrent, we can change, we can do better…

I know that politics is banned here in the Café, and maybe religion should be as well as it’s a topic that can get heated and cause hard feelings, so I’m not going to talk about religion, I’m going to talk about beliefs…

Something [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] said hit a note with me and reminded me of my faith:

Originally posted by paulywogg
            i never cared for that phrase in AA either Cowboy, also could never relate to the asking my higher power to take the urge away, that’s my job and I'm pretty sure Gods pretty busy with other things
            The first part of her statement was something that I realized I was doing wrong, and blaming God for it. I was asking God to do the work for me to get sober when all along I should have been asking Him to give me the strength and courage, and the support that I needed to help myself get sober! Once I changed what I asked of God, He answered me.

And as for the second part, never ever underestimate the power of prayer, no matter what your style of prayer is. God is never too busy for anyone who needs His help, maybe just ask for it in a different way.

I didn’t reply on your thread regarding the situation you’re going through with your daughter [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] because you’ve had great replies already. What I can tell you is that I know the kind of mother and grandmother you are, and you’ll be there for you family no matter what. Just re-read what I wrote above and the right answer will come to you. Hang in there my friend, I know you’ll do the right thing, and you’ll do it sober… :hug:
            Last edited by abcowboy; November 24, 2019, 09:08 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mild and windy here today. Perfect football weather, Grey Cup today, Canada’s Superbowl. Come for the party, stay for the game is how the event has been promoted for the week long festivities. And I’m sure lots of beer has been consumed by those looking for an excuse to drink.

Awesome brekkie Cowboy! Thanks.

Jessie and I got two walks in yesterday for a total of 10kms or 6.4 miles. Not bad for an old guy and a young pup!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Had a wonderful day - went out shopping with my son & DIL and granddaughter. Wonderful feeling having my granddaughter run up to me and hug me with her little arms. 15 months old and she has us wrapped around her little finger. LOL I was able to buy her quite a few clothes which is her main Christmas present from us. She needed clothes now. We'll just have a little toy for her to unwrap at Christmas.
                Fun day that I would have had a hard time doing if I was to busy drinking.
                So, I'll take another 24 please. Thank you.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thought this was fitting for those of us that have slipped up. Coming back and continuing the path to sobriety is what matters to me. I plan to stay sober and accountable and being here helps. We are back to the cold weather. In fact when our plane landed it was snowing. UGH. I’m looking forward to going back to Florida after the holidays. My adult children are having a bit of a hard time with me leaving. I think they are trying to make me feel guilty for leaving the grandkids for the winter. It makes me feel bad yet I am at a season in my life that I want to do some stuff for me before I get too old. Life certainly does have its challenges where we are drunk or sober.

Comment

Your quote this morning sure hit home with me this morning Rava. Thank you! Don't let your family make you feel guilty! It's your life!

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-4C (25F) on a frosty morning. Glad my truck is in the garage!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

“Come for the party, stay for the game” (!) Sports is used as a big excuse to drink, but wow: this is a blatant admission!

Homemade nuts n bolts; what a treat! The kind in the bag that they make now doesn’t even compare.

Nora, that sounds like such a fun day out with your family! Christmas shopping can be fun if it is used as a chance for togetherness.

Rava, I’m actually afraid of becoming a grandma due to the heavy demands on grandparents nowadays to endlessly babysit their grandchildren. I don’t want to become a full time caregiver of young children again, but I see that that is the reality for many grandparents. I agree, don’t let your kids guilt you into missing your chance to get away for awhile.

I have been trying to get over my sugar hangover. I still overdo sugar when trying to socialize, as a substitute for alcohol. So I still go out of control trying to manage my anxiety.

But, asking for 24 hours alcohol-free, anyways!
                        Last edited by Slo; November 25, 2019, 08:24 AM.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

I love that quote! It's so true. There's always hope if we just keep trying. Where we get into trouble is when we listen to that AL voice telling us will never be free so why bother. Kick that voice to the curb and keep trying!

Rava, I ran into the same thing when I started snowbirding. My kids wanted me to have a life but they also wanted us around to help. It took awhile but they got used to the change and look forward to the day they can do the same. When I'm home I'm fully present thanks to giving up AL and that's all I'm willing to do. I lived for my kids and now it's my turn. :~)

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24 Cowboy, I used to watch my mom pray to God to help her win a jackpot when she was headed out gambling when I was growing up and I just don't think that's something to pray for and looking back it makes me sick! I can't pray to God to make me not drink but like you said praying for strength and peace helps other than that no more religion or politics from me,I'm pretty much polotic'd out now anyway haha
                            Last edited by paulywogg; November 25, 2019, 09:04 AM.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great weather yesterday for the football game, certainly not a given for Calgary in late November. Great outcome too, congrats Winnipeg!

Nora, hugs from the grandkids is the best! Being a grandparent is wonderful but we’ve found that it’s good to set boundaries. We are not on call although if Mrs QW had her way, she’d be there every day. It’s not what our kids want as they have busy lives and schedule everything. The only thing I would change is that they don’t come to visit us often enough, maybe twice a year. We’re only 45 minutes away.
                              I’ve often thought it would be nice to go somewhere warm for the winter but doubt that will happen now. I’m thinking though that a motorhome might be a good thing for short escapes and possibly a trip across Canada.

My last batch of nuts and bolts goes in the oven today. I had a Skype visit with my son in Melbourne Saturday evening and he’s requested M&M’s in his. Next is chocolate chip cookies, about 20 dozen.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'll veer into the religion discussion with the old adage: God helps those who help themselves! We can lean on prayer for strength and if we include gratitude in prayer, it helps a lot. Thanks everyone for sharing. I see so many similarities in our lives. It's nice to be in it together with you all.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; November 25, 2019, 12:39 PM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X