~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning! Got up early to get some bloodwork done. Now it’s just figuring out what to get into today. Definitely not including sneaking drinks and feeling bad about myself. I’m not living in hell anymore. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

What a great quote to start the day Rava! Find something good to do today, but definitely leave our the booze!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Love the quote today, Rava. So true!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-5C (23F) with snow to shovel and it's still snowing. Looks like winter is here to stay this time...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

34F and sunny
            Here's some thoughts on prayer
            One thing is for sure, life is a constant struggle, filled with constant change. It's relentless and can't be stopped no matter how hard we try. It's not necessarily bad, we just need to accept it.
            my thought for the day.
            24 more please

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Out of hell. That's where I want to be and stay!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today is the 5th anniversary of my granddaughter having me wrapped around her little finger. “I sure love you Granddad” are the best words I’ve ever heard!

9 large freezer bags of nuts and bolts are done, now on to chocolate chip cookies. The best part is that most will be given to family and friends.

Only 75 days until we go to Mexico, not that I’m keeping track or anything! It’s also 274 days since I last had al. Feels good!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good one, Rava! Seriously, that is it exactly.

You’re doing well, QW! And those are nice gifts.

Winter is settling in here too.

Asking for another day of sobriety.
                    Last edited by Slo; November 26, 2019, 09:59 AM.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Even though my direction has changed many times, I know where I want to go and I will continue to strive to get there. With tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I’m already working on a plan to stay away from the alcohol. I’m hosting and will have alcohol but plan to put it in another room and once the party is over I will either dump it out or send it home with the guests. I will NOT have a repeat of last week. I have already made plans with a neighbor to hit the gym on Friday morning. Hopefully having these plans in place will give me the strength to work thru this day. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Wicked cravings for both booze and smokes yesterday, but I bought ice cream instead! QW.....wow! You are doing great, and I'm hoping to be there one day as well. One second, one minute, one hour, and one day at a time!I

I'll take another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                          Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today is the 5th anniversary of my granddaughter having me wrapped around her little finger. “I sure love you Granddad” are the best words I’ve ever heard!

9 large freezer bags of nuts and bolts are done, now on to chocolate chip cookies. The best part is that most will be given to family and friends.

Only 75 days until we go to Mexico, not that I’m keeping track or anything! It’s also 274 days since I last had al. Feels good!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                          Wow! Very impressive. And by Mr. V's definition of prayer, you have a whole lot of prayer going on! Lucky family and friends..... Lucky and loved!

Well done on resisting those cravings, Jude! Thank goodness for ice cream! Do you have a favorite?

Hang tough tomorrow Rava. I know you will be glad you did. It sounds like you have a plan for success.

No booze in our home on Thanksgiving. It's just Mr. D, myself, my son and his two children. None of us drink. I do have some sparkling grape juice given to us by a neighbor. I think I will chill that and use it to make toasts to the things for which we are grateful.

We'll be getting things done ahead like pie baking and preparing side dishes. I'm looking forward to the smell of roasting turkey tomorrow!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; November 27, 2019, 07:15 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-15C (4F) this morning! Brrrrr...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I really liked the take on prayer [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], prayer comes in many forms!

Good job [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I’ll have to ponder on my favourite flavour of frozen yogurt [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], there are so many good ones!

I need to find a hobby to fill up my long evenings, maybe baking like you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I usually sit in my chair and read in the evenings, or catch up on laundry, housework etc, but that isn’t enough lol.

Great quotes this week so far [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I really consider my friends here in the CafĂ© as my life preservers, I can ride on the top of the waves of change, or I can drown myself in them…
                              Last edited by abcowboy; November 27, 2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X