~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rava, thanks for that great, positive thought! I like it. Have you started your volunteer job yet? Can you tell us a bit about it? You mentioned that it was twice a week. Are the hours long? I don't think I could do 2 days a week at the coffee shop. That job is 5 hours starting at 6am. I do love the job and having something to draw me into the community on a regular basis. I hope you enjoy yours. I tried a food pantry job my first year of retirement. Something about it was not a good fit for me so I left it behind and looked for something else. That's when I found the hospital auxiliary job.

Cowboy, did you have any kind of celebration of you 5 years sober in the real world? Is it a date that you and Bubba celebrate together?

24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

More snow to shovel and it's still snowing! Another insulated coveralls day at -27C (-16F)

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] Ginger999 [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

First, thank you one and all for helping me reach this milestone! And thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for the quote, no matter how much sober time y'all have in, just look back and see how far you've come!

And thanks to [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] for stopping by!

And a special thanks to [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] for doing the math on the Roll Call thread, but even though the math adds up, my first actual day of quitting is the 13th, I had my last 92 ounces of liquor on the 12th lol.

And yes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], Bubba and I do a bit of a celebration because not only am I 5 years sober, but I also turn 63 today, man, I'm getting old lol. I'll head over to Vegreville this afternoon to spend the evening with Bubba and Hank and then come back to Vermilion tomorrow...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow cowboy! 5 sober years behind you! Happy birthday 🎂to you as well!:welldone:

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Birthday Cowboy! And a double celebration!!

Maybe it’s because of my age that I think of it only as a number on my drivers licence. I don’t act my age, at least I don’t think I do. I’ve seen people in their 40’s who act like they’re 80 and people in their 80’s who act like they’re 40. It’s attitude and how you show up!

Another frigid day here. Not looking forward to driving into the city this morning where there is snow falling and temps in the minus 20’s.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy birthday, ABC! Five years sober too. Can't think of a better birthday gift to oneself than 5 years of sobriety!

Off for a hike. Stay warm up north. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hi All
                    Happy Birthday Cowboy!!!
                    Congrats on your 5 years Clean time. My recovery date has become more important to me than my birthday. It was the start of a new life a new me that came with a lot of hard work. I am a few years older then you but not many people our age get a new life like we have.
                    Again Congrats!!

Caysea
                    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                    AF 5-16-08

Comment

Well, happy double celebration, abcowboy! -TWO birthdays on one day!! I’m especially glad that you were birthed into a new life that does not include the hell of drinking 92 ounces of liquor in one day. Wish I knew how to bake you a virtual cake, but Bubba’s real one will have to do! Sorry I jumped the gun on your very special day today.

I didn’t go up by daughter & baby after all because our dog bit one of his incision lines open, so I had to take him to emergency vet instead. Wish HB would just leave the cone on his head! Daughter doesn’t need me this week as her husband is staying home for the most part and taking good care of his wife & baby. So next week I’ll go up there for a couple days.

Hope you had a good hike today, Ginger! It sounds like an interesting one.

Geez I’m a slug lately. Can’t get motivated for much of anything. Well it is hibernating season. Asking for another 24 please!
                      Last edited by Slo; January 13, 2020, 11:10 PM.
                      Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Birthday Cowboy! Hope you dont have to spend it shoveling snow. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I start my volunteer job this morning. It’s working for a hospice thrift shop just 2 mornings a week. We will see how today goes. Hope everyone has a great day. Positive vibes!!
                        Last edited by Rava; January 14, 2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

It's a balmy -36C (-32F) here in Vegreville this morning! Didn't even look at what it is with wind chill!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for the quote this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Good luck with your first day of volunteering!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks again y'all for the birthdays wishes! And you didn't really jump the gun [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], your math was correct, but the calendar somehow disagrees with it lol.

And thanks for stopping by [MENTION=6034]caysea[/MENTION], always good to see you drop in from time to time!

Comment

I'm not even going to try to imagine what that -32F feels like [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Stay warm!

Rava, I hope you enjoy the volunteer gig!

We're going to the matinee this afternoon to see the Wars movie. I'm not a fan really but Mr. D is. He loves anything sci fi. Of course I did love the early Star Wars movies, but over the course of the years they haven't kept my interest. I am more a Star Trek fan, actually.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X