• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:30 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that quote, Rava! So very true. Have a great first day. Looking forward to hearing how you liked it.

Hike was amazing. Lots of artifacts and water! Two of my favs. Feeling no worse for the wear this morning so that's good!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Yesterday’s doctors visit was successful, at least so far. I had my first pain free sleep in a very long time last night making me wonder why I didn’t get treatment years ago. Better late than never I guess.

Thank goodness our climate is dry Cowboy, otherwise -36C would be really cold! The prognosticators say by the weekend we’ll be warmer, in fact above freezing here in the south. Can’t wait to take Jessie for a walk and try out my new back in milder temps.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's great news about your back feeling better QW!

40 ° this morning, but the cold air and snow are heading this way!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

. I am a work in progress. Each day I feel stronger but will never let my guard down. The volunteer job was fun. Completely mindless hanging clothes and straightening shelves, etc. Lots of nice conversation with nice people. So I will do it again tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great day. Asking for another 24 hours AF please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-34C (-29F) with snow to shovel this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, I'm glad to hear the volunteer job seems like a good fit for you. It will be nice for you to have a bit of structure and a purposeful occupation of your time. Thanks for today's thought. It's easy to find excuses to get off course, but we only set ourselves back when we do.

Has anybody watched the series Anne with and E on Netflix? I have really been enjoying it and can highly recommend it. It is set in Canada in what appears to be the late 1800's and is based on the novel Anne of Green Gables. I love seeing how things were done back in those days and the story and characters are good, too.

QW I'm so glad to hear you are having good results from you treatment! What a blessing to have a good night's sleep.

24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; January 15, 2020, 08:07 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

One of my favorite quotes, Rava. I'm so glad you enjoyed your first day! On to the next.

QW, great news about the pain issue. I often ask myself why I waited. What's up with that?

Hoping to get in 5 miles today. Weather is perfect right now!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Now that the back pain is gone for the present, think I’ll ask my doc what can be done for hips and knees! This recent treatment has convinced me that waiting doesn’t make sense. Waiting for what?

Had a drinking dream last night, thankfully just a dream!

Great quote today, one of my favourites.

Another Fyuck day, currently -39 windchill. Stupid winter!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please. 1:47 in Calgary, -31 or something like that.
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

I saw the first few ‘Anne with an E’ episodes on Netflix when they first came out, but not the latest ones. I’ll have to check them out. The first ones were pretty dark compared to the 1980s ‘Anne of Green Gables’ show that I really loved.
                        The new ‘Little Women’ movie is very well done. If you saw the war movie with Mr. D, Dill, then maybe he’ll see ‘Little Women’ with you!

It’s hard to imagine the kind of cold you are having in Canada! Although I see we are dropping below 0 degrees F soon.

I can tell that my knee revision surgery didn’t really work; it’s still too loose & unstable. So all for naught and I’m just really bummed.

24 more hours please.
                        Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Slo, no! That's terrible. I'm so sorry it didn't work. Now What?

QW, what back treatment worked for you?

Comment

Good morning. I have had several cracks along the way and luckily have been able to pull it back together. A constant work in progress for sure. Slo I’m sorry to hear about your knee. That has to be upsetting. Try not to let it get you down. You will figure out what’s best for you in time. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

I liked today's quote @ Rava! Always a good idea to keep some super glue on hand to fix those cracks! :haha:

Sorry that your surgery didn't fix the problem Slo. Is there a less invasive way to repair the knee without having another surgery?

Snow, wind and bitter cold today. Fyuck!!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Rava, thanks for the quote. I think in my case there is a lot more than just one small crack! Still holding together tho.

Slo, I am so sorry to hear about your knee. I will hope against hope that the feeling of looseness is ok and just part of the healing process.:hug: I did not know there was an Anne of Green Gables tv series in the 80's. I wonder if it is available at the library so I can see what it was like. The current series has 3 ten episode seasons so far.

Speaking of cold weather, we are finally going to be getting some. Nothing like you Canadians have, that's for sure! But it will be cold enough for me.

Granddaughter has a 4 day week end and wants to spend 3 nights with us. I'm honored! Hope grandson comes too.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X