No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

It's T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flop weather today at -31C (-25F)! But 2 days of snowfall on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

One thing is for sure, this cold weather has kept me busy fixing frozen pipes, furnaces, boilers, heaters, etc, but it's also hard on the fuel bill as my truck doesn't get shut off all day lol.

Good to hear you're feeling much better [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and hope you can find a solution to the knee problem [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

Great quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I immediately though of slips and relapses when I read it! We can slip for a day or two but can fix those cracks, it's not the answer, but it's better than falling to pieces in a full blown relapse. But hey, even those pieces can be put back together!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:26 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That's another good one, Rava. I keep gorilla glue on hand! :▪)

Sprinkling rain this morning but should be 65°f today. The desert is beautiful and the sunsets are incredible. This was taken by my friend with a drone out back.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another freezing day here, it’s supposed to “warm up” to -28C later on. Oh boy, can’t wait.

Slo, so sorry your knee is causing you more grief. I suspect I will need knee replacement surgery in the future but I’m not going to rush it. The cortisone injections I had Monday along with physio has improved my lower back 100%.

Today will be another spent inside and Jessie will get to watch me on the treadmill. I’ll use part of the day to get my year end treasurer’s report done for one of my volunteer jobs.

Hope everyone has a great af Thursday. Stay warm those of us caught in the polar vortex!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

. Good morning. Yep sometimes you have to shut down the head noise to see the clear picture. Ginger, that picture was beautiful! Love it! Hope everyone has a great AF Friday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

A lot warmer outside for shoveling snow this morning, only -25C (-12F)!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That was a treasure of a quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! A definite keeper! I need that one posted on my refrigerator! Hope I can print it out.

My goodness, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! That landscape is stunning! Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to be able to imagine such places really exist when I'm dealing with the dreary grays of an Ohio winter.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Beautiful pic Ginger, looks like a postcard sorry about your knee, what does the doctor say? QW, glad your pain has gone down some, how's Mrs. QW been? 5:25 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Haha! Good quote and true. Sometimes we do need to tell negativity to get lost!

Stay warm you guys. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Gorgeous pic Ginger!

Horrendous drive home from work last night! It was snowing and blowing so hard that I couldn't tell where the road was. I nearly drove into a field! After that, I just tried to keep my car between the telephone poles!

Sunny but cold this morning but only 12°F.....Brrrr! Supposedly, another storm on the way tomorrow.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Pauly, thanks for asking about Mrs QW. There are good days and some not so good, lots of frustration. We’re thankful though that she doesn’t have the tremors that are common with Parkinson’s and is still able to do most things, including driving. We’re both sick of winter and are looking forward to our escape to Mexico next month.

Again the warm up in our weather is a couple of days away. In the meantime, it’s getting even colder. Not sure if it’ll be a treadmill day or a walk at the track. Either way, Jessie misses out for the 4th day in a row.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Thank you for sharing your stunning landscape, Ginger! It’s a treat to see such beauty.

I way over did it on this knee trying to go to a basketball game with HB and his bro & wife the other night, and have been in a lot of pain.
                            I dug out my old external knee brace from 2005, and so have found a way to be able to hold it together and get around a little better without so much pain. Such a relief! My surgeon was in surgery yesterday and my PT (a liaison to my surgeon) was out sick yesterday, so don’t know what he thinks yet. I don’t have the strength to confront another fourth surgery on this same knee yet anyways as still trying to recover from the last one, so will just have to go back to using an external brace and being somewhat lame I guess. I’ve cried my tears, and not much else I can do.

I’m thrilled for you that the cortisone injection has given you relief, QW!

I saw an episode of “Anne with an E”, Dill! This version is a much more realistic one, as it shows that the child would rightly be touched & traumatized from her abusive past.
                            Have you ever watched “Call the Midwife”? I just love that show, because I love realistic period pieces too.

I guess you would have to keep your truck running a lot in that kind of cold, Cowboy; and then that eats into your profits! So you have lots of work, but it’s not that profitable.

I called Merry Maids in today. I tried to clean this house myself yesterday before company comes in this weekend, but it was just too painful.

Need another 24 please!
                            Last edited by Slo; January 17, 2020, 11:18 AM.
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

There’s been a lot discussion about the TV series Anne with an E and Anne of Green Gables. For those who haven’t visited Prince Edward Island to see the homestead, consider putting it on your bucket list.

The Island is beautiful, the people friendly and the fresh seafood spectacular. Writing this I can almost taste the clam chowder at the North Cape lighthouse restaurant! Or Malpeque oysters, less than 2 hours out of the water. And don’t get me started on lobster!

Slo, sorry that you’re having yet more issues with your knee. Hope they get resolved soon! Smart idea to call in Merry Maids. I’m trying to convince Mrs QW that we should do the same.

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; January 17, 2020, 01:12 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:26 in Calgary and -26C.
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X