~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

. Good morning and glad we are all headed in a better direction! Slo, I’m so sorry about that damned knee. That has to be so disappointing. Remember your recovery is still quite new and there will probably be improvement in the months to come. See what your doctor says. Also I LOVE Call the Midwife. I actually ordered the 4 book series from amazon. Heading out the to zoo today with the kids. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Just wanted to share a picture that I colored yesterday. This free app has been the best thing I have ever done on my Ipad, other than finding this group. This coloring provides me hours of relaxation which is what I truly need. Just wanting to share in case someone is looking for a cool way to relax.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-27 (-17F) with a wind blowing, but no snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Rava, double thanks today! Loved both the quote and picture.

Slo, I also like Call the Midwife. Unfortunately Mr. D never took to it so if I want to watch it I have to squeeze it in on my own time, not our shared tv time.

QW, thanks you for the extra info on Anne. Mr. D and I were wondering where in Canada it was set. I think perhaps we will make use of our newly renewed passports by taking a trip to Prince Edward Island. What is the best time of year to go? Mr. D recently gave in and addressed his chronic knee problem. He was relieved to hear that he was not needing surgery and that cortisone injections will do the trick. So far they have and he is well pleased! Now he's going to seek relief on his right shoulder. The doc suggested he try strengthening exercises but so far Mr. D is getting nowhere fast with that. He believes it is a use injury. Mr. D does a lot of physical work, mostly with the firewood these days. Yesterday he wasn't able to lift the wood to put it in the truck so my son did the lion's share with me and our granddaughter helping.

24 more for all of us please!
          Last edited by dill; January 18, 2020, 07:54 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Marvelous job on the quotes this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Thanks! And loved the picture you colored! I can see why it could be very relaxing!

And that picture you took should be on a postcard as Polly said [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! What an array of colors!

What did you decide about the new job offer [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? I think you’re strong enough to handle the change, and it might be the best thing that can happen for you!

Have any of you watched someone drink, or see it on a commercial, or tv show, and actually “taste” what they were drinking? It happened to me last night as I was watching a movie! That’s the first time that I can think of that it’s happened to me. I was watching a movie and there were two guys bowling, one had a rather bushy mustache and he picked up a mug of beer and took a good swallow. When he put the glass down, he had that “foam mustache” look and it really hit me! I could actually “taste” the beer and feel how cold it was. Scary, very scary! My next thought was I should run down and pick up some Budweiser Prohibition beer to satisfy that yearning for the “taste”. My next thought was, no, don’t go there because once you get the taste, you’ll start missing the buzz and then the cycle will start all over again.

I know they say that relapse begins long before you take the first drink and I’ve got to remind myself of that. And my experience last night also reminded me of just how cunning alcohol can be and that I still need to be careful and not let my thoughts get in the way of my sobriety…

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Jeez Cowboy, that's really scary! Odd how our minds take us there so fast and outta the blue, sometimes I hear a song, or if I'm smoking a cigarette I get that phantom beer/cig smell and it triggers that "pull" just weird little things like that, glad you passed on the AF beer too, no use playing with fire if there's embers brewing I passed on that particular job for now btw, Jude sorry about your scary drive home, just glad you made it safe! QW, glad Mrs. QW has good days too and doesn't have the shaking, defo be something to look forward to going to Mexico how fun Slo, I feel awful about the knee, especially since you're having so much pain, Rava, I keep getting pop ups for that app, it's really fun huh? Glad to hear that maybe I'll give it a whirl, I got two mini art projects for Christmas I haven't even opened the box yet, ones a mini cafe and the others a mini greenhouse to put together, I just worry cuz sometimes in the evenings my eyes can't focus, hope I didn't ruin them from when I drank, I remember feeling almost blind sometimes from to much booze and they'd get super dry too so it's a double whammy, grrr, 5:54 am in Vegas another 24 have a Fab day all!
              Last edited by paulywogg; January 18, 2020, 08:56 AM.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Dang it, Slo! Hoping your doc can help. Take it easy.

All these snow stories..... yuk! I know we need it though. Just glad I don't have to deal with it! I'd have to learn to drive in it all over again, it's been so long.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, glad you’re interested in visiting PEI! July & August is peak tourist season so late June, early September might be a good time if you want to avoid crowds. PEI’s tourism department is very helpful plus there’s lots of information online. You should also check out the other Maritime provinces. Nova Scotia’s Cabot Trail is spectacular, as is pretty much the entire coastline. Halifax is a great city - check out the maritime museum, it’s got some amazing displays on the Halifax Explosion of 1917 and the Titanic. Interesting note - several of the Titanic victims are buried in a local cemetery, including Jack Dawson.
                    And the US dollar is currently worth a lot more than our dollar.

One of the volunteer groups I’m involved with is having their volunteer appreciation dinner this evening. Funny, through much of the year getting people to participate is like herding cats, but not the annual dinner. One person who showed up once out of 17 meetings was the first to respond to the dinner invitation!

Have a great af Saturday everyone! Last day of the deep freeze today, yippeeee!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please at 6pm in Calgary.

Yes, looking forward to warmer temps!
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Be the reason someone believes in good people

I think sometimes we sell ourselves short, I know I did for many years, because we focus on the negativity in our lives. That self-defeating practice can prevent us from doing what we are capable of doing. Alcohol can and does make us feel less than good. And we may surprise ourselves when we learn that to someone, we are considered a good person. I know I was stunned when a friend of my youngest son told me that I am an amazing Dad. I never considered myself an amazing Dad, much of the time I would not have even considered myself a good person. But hearing that sure made me feel good.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and nice quote QW. We get stuck in negativity for way too long. With alcohol being a depressant no wonder we think that way. Once our heads are clear it gives us an opportunity to see life in a different way. Pauly, I had to laugh at your green house kit. I had that one also and couldn't wait to get started. I finished about 1/2 of it and the directions just got too complicated. I hope you have better luck with it. Its really cute put together on the picture! LOL. There are many coloring apps and the one I use is called Happy Color. Hope everyone has a great day today. I went to the zoo yesterday and got this shot. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Interesting quote, QW. Just recently I was having a conversation with someone and she was talking about another acquaintance who she described as "gruff". I thought then about what my own demeanor was and how very important it is to be a positive person and to bring light to things. I remember the people in my life who did that and I tried to emulate them. What a high compliment you received from your son's friend! I had a similar experience recently. My daughter and a long ago girl friend reconnected recently. The girl friend had dropped out of school in the junior year due to an unplanned pregnancy. When she connected with my daughter she told my daughter about how much it meant to her during that time than her mom (me) remained supportive and tried to help her thru the time when she felt judged and most everyone else deserted her. Funny thing is, I don't really remember it much. But she sure did! We never know sometimes what impact we are having on others. It made me feel good to get that feedback. Also made me happy to learn that in spite of being a HS dropout and single mother, she went on to complete her education, raised her daughter, went on to college and graduate school and has a successful career.

Love that giraffe, Rava! It made me smile.

Granddaughter is here and is keeping us busy this weekend!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Vegreville, Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-26C (-15F) in Vegreville this morning, was a little chilly in my housecoat and Muck boots waiting for Hank to do his morning business!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'd better get breakfast served before Hank decides he wants to go outside again lol

Comment

Working...
                                X